- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Structural Relationship between Leadership Type of Hospital Organization and Organizational Commitment and Job Performance
병원 조직의 리더십유형과 조직몰입, 직무성과의 구조적인 관계
- Lee, Jin?Woo (Dept. of Public Health Administration Busan Digital University)
- 이진우 (부산디지털대학 보건행정학과)
- Received : 2017.04.04
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
This study examined the causal relationship among the leadership type, organizational commitment, and job performance, and to improve the organizational performance and effective methods of human resource management in hospital organizations. The survey period was from October 6, 2016 to October 20, and 375 employees working in hospitals were selected for the final survey. To analyze the validity of the measurement variables, reliability and confirmatory factor analysis were conducted, and the covariance structure equation analysis was conducted to grasp the causal relationship among leadership, organizational commitment, and job performance. In conclusion, leadership, organizational commitment, and job performance were significantly different according to the occupation(p<0.05), age(p<0.05), and working period(p<0.05), and individual care(p<0.001) and conditional reward(p<0.001) showed a high causal relationship with the organizational commitment and job performance. In the future, leadership that can take care of the individual characteristics of the members of the organization and ability to demonstrate their competence will be needed, and it will be necessary to establish a reasonable compensation system after measuring the degree of achievement of work. In addition, leadership needs to be in place to promote organizational performance considering the job type, gender, age, and duration of work. Managers should make efforts to form an organizational culture and provide related education programs to improve loyalty and attachment of members to the organization.
Human Resource Management;Job Performance;Organizational Commitment;Transformational Leadership Theory;Transactional Leadership Theory
- W. S. Lee, K. Y. Kim, M. S. Lee, B. J. Na, H. W. Cho, H. J. Kim, A Study on the Leadership of Middle-level Manger in General Hospital, Health Service Management Review, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 23-31, 2007.
- H. S. Kim, K. H. Kang, Influence of Types of Leadership and Organizational Culture on Innovative Behavior of Professional Staff of a General Hospital, J KoreaChunn Acad Nurs Adm, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 447-456, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.4.447 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2015.21.4.447
- J. I. Kim, H. S. Jeong, The Relationships of Transformational Leadership and Transactional Leadership on the Hospital member's Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention, J korean of Health Policy & Administration, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 111-126, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2009.19.2.111
- Y. G. Jeong, H. W. Ha, T. Y. Sohn, Influences of Type of Leadership on Hospital Organizational Members' Job Satisfaction, Organizational commitment, and Turnover Intentions, Journal of Hospital Management, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 24-48, 2003.
- G. W. Yu, Y. J. Ha, J. Y. Moon, J. H. Kim, The effect of job satisfaction and self leadership of members of small and middle-sized hospital on organizational commitment, Journal of Hospital Management, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 71-86, 2012.
- T. H. Kong, Y. S. Han, Ideal types of Leadership of different supervisors for medical practitioners' dedication to their jobs, Journal of Management Information Systems, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 153-171, 2013.
- J. R. Chun, The Influence of Management's Leadership Style on Employee's Turnover Intention, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 12, no. 12 pp. 5550-5557, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.12.5550 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.12.5550
- S. K. Park, E. Y. Ryu, B. G. Ryu, A Study on the Effects of Servant Leadership of Middle-level Manager in Hospital Organization on Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Focusing on the Mediating Effects of Organizational commitment, Journal of Korean Association for Organizational Studies, vol. 13, no. 2 pp. 39-61, 2016.
- S. G. Kim, Y. S. Seo, Mediating Effect of Social capital between Transformational leadership and Organizational Commitment of Nurses in Hospitals, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 2 pp. 282-289, 201.6 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.282
- B. E. Jung, S. Y. Ahn, The Effect of Leadership on Organizational Effectiveness in Public Hospital: Transformational-Transactional Leadership, Journal of Hospital Management, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 97-122, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.2.282
- C. W. Lee, J. H. Lee, The Effect of Specialty Hospital CEO Leadership Style on Hospital Organizational Effectiveness and Customer Orientation, Journal of Hospital Management, vol. 20, no. 4, pp. 31-49, 2015.
- Bass, B. M., Leadership and Performance Beyond Expectations. New York: The Free Press, 1985.
- Bass, B. M. & Avolio, B. J., The Implications of Transactional and Transformational Leadership for Individual, Team and Organizational
- Burns, J. M., Leadership. New York: Harper & Row, 1978.
- Yukl, G. A., Leadership in Organizations (5nd ed). New Jersey: Prentice-Hall, 2002.
- Tett, R. & Meyer, J. P., Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment, Turn over Intention, and Turn: Path Analysis Based on Meta-Analytic Finding, Personel Psychology, 46(2), 264, 1993.
- S. Y. Choi, H. K. Kim, The Effect of Leadership of Hospital Managers on Internal Factors in Hospitals - Using Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Model-, Human Resource Management Research, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 113-130, 2012.
- Allen, H. L. & Meyer, J. P. The Measurement and Antecedents of Affective, Commitment, Journal of Occupational Psychology, 1990. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1990.tb00506.x
- Y. T. Kim, M. S, Shin, The Effect of Leadership and Organizational Culture on Organizational Effectiveness : A Dental Clinics-Based Study, Health Policy and Management, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 73-103, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2010.20.3.073 https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2010.20.3.073
- K. A. Jang H. S Lee, Factors Affecting the Self Esteem of a Convergence Dental Hygienist, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 177-186, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.177
- G. B. Shim, Structure Model for TQM and Internal Customer Satisfaction of Medical Institutions, Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 13, no. 10, pp. 459-470, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.459 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.10.459
- M..H. Lee, C. H. Kim, Effect of Leadership WalkRounds Convergence to Establish a Patient Safety Culture, Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 185-195, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.6.185
- S. E. Shin, Job Satisfaction and Relating Factors of Medical Record Technicians Working in General Hospitals, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 377-346, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.337