- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Longitudinal Comparative Study on the Visitor's Satisfaction Factors and Revisiting Intention of Expos: Focused on 2010, 2012, and 2016 Agricultural Machinery Expos
박람회 참관객의 만족도 결정요인과 재방문의도의 종단적 비교연구: 2010, 2012, 2016 농기계박람회를 중심으로
- Kwon, Se-In (Department of Business Administration, Dankook University) ;
- Yang, Jong-Gon (Department of Business Administration, Dankook University)
- Received : 2017.04.10
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
The purpose of this study was to compare the visitor's satisfaction factors and causal relationships among the 2010, 2012, and 2016 Korea International Exhibition of Machinery Equipment, Science and Technology for Agriculture. A total of 17 variables to evaluate the level of satisfaction were divided into three factors: contents, publicity and guidance, and environment of convenience facilities. The results were as follows. First, from 2010 to 2016, the Expo showed quantitative and qualitative growth in terms of the number of visitors, firms, and performances. Second, in 2016, the number of visitors aged below 20, foreigners, and new visitors increased year-on-year. Third, the contents, publicity and guidance, and satisfaction were higher than in the last two cases, but the environment of convenience facilities showed no difference among the years. In addition, the revisiting intention in 2012 was higher than that of 2016. Lastly, all three factors had a significant impact on the level of satisfaction in 2016, but publicity and guidance and environment of convenience facilities in 2010 and 2012 were not significant factors on satisfaction. Furthermore, the satisfaction of all three expos was confirmed to be a significant factor for the visitor's revisiting intention.
ANOVA;Longitudinal Comparative Study;Exhibition;Exposition;Korea International Exhibition of Machinery Equipment;Science and Technology for Agriculture(KIEMSTA)
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, 2016 Comprehensive Assessment Report for Cultural Tourism Festival, 2017.
- I. S. Lee, A. J. Jo, H. K. Yeo, "A Study on the Relationship among Quality, Satisfaction and Behavior Intention of Specialty Coffee Fairs", The Journal of Tourism Institute of Northeast Asia, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 145-163, 2017.
- Astroff, M. T., Abbey, J. R., Convention Salesand Service(5th ed.), Waterbury press, Canbury, N.Y, 1998.
- H. S. Lee, K. H. Kim, Exhibition Service Management, Daewangsa, Seoul, 2008.
- S. Y. Yoon, "A Study on Exhibition and Exposition Events", Journal of Tourism Management Research, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 171-191, 2002.
- Y. S. Moon, Exhibition, Korea International Exhibition, Seoul. 2003.
- Morrow, S. L., The Art of the Show, IAEM Foundation, Dallas, Texas, 2002.
- Hansen, K., "The Dual Motives of Participants at International Trade Shows: An Empirical Investigation of Exhibitors and Visitors with Selling Motives", International Marketing Review, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 39-53, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/02651339610115764 https://doi.org/10.1108/02651339610115764
- Y. J. Choi, "An Exploratory Study to Development Plan for Exhibition Industry in Korea", Journal of The Korean Regional Development Association, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 25-34, 2005.
- J. G. Yang, J. G. Kim, "An Empirical Study on Visitor's Sastisfaction and Revisiting Intention of EXPO Using Path Analysis: Focused on Cheonan Well-being Food Expo", Journal of Korea Academic-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1820-1828, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1820
- B. S. Kim, "Estimating the Economic Impact of Exhibition Industry in GyeongGi-Do Using a Regional Input-Output Model", Koreanische Zeitschrift fuer Wirtschaftswissenschaften, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 137-151, 2009.
- J. R. Lee, C. Lee, J. M. Na, "Economic Impacts on the Yeosu Area Hosting the EXPO 2012 Yeosu Korea", Journal of the Economic Geographical Society of Korea, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 137-151, 2015. https://doi.org/10.23841/egsk.2015.18.2.137
- D. K. Kim, Y. J. Han, S. M. Lee, Y. B. Choe, S. Y. Song, "Estimating the Economic Impact of '2011 Seoul Motor Show' Using Regional Input-Output Model: Based on Expenditures of Exhibition Attendees", Journal of Korea Contents Association, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 187-196, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392?JKCA2011.11.10.187
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Development of Evaluation Model for Cultural Tourism Festival, 2003.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, 2005 Comprehensive Assessment Report for Cultural Tourism Festival, 2006.
- H. T. Lim, D. Y. Kwak, "The Influential Relationship between Participation Performance and Re-participation Intention of the Exhibitors: The Moderating Effects both Satisfaction of Service Quality and Importance of Selection Attributes", Journal of MICE and Tourism Research, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 103-119, 2013.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., Berry, L. L., "Servqual: A Multiple-item Scale for Measuring Consumer Perc", Journal of Retailing, vol. 64, no. 1, p. 12, 1988.
- H. B. Kim, C. H. Kwon, H. Y. Moon, "Impacts of International Exhibition Services on Participant's Satisfaction", Korean Journal of Tourism Research, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 33-51, 2005.
- H. K. Kim, "Influence of Exhibition Service Attributes on Customer's Satisfaction and Behavior Intention", Journal of Korea Contents Association, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 410-422, 2009.
- Hultsman, W., "From the Eyes of an Exhibitor: Characteristics that Make Exhibitions a Success for All Stakeholders", Journal of Convention and Exhibition Management, vol. 3, no. 3, pp. 27-44, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1300/J143v03n03_03 https://doi.org/10.1300/J143v03n03_03
- J. H. Noh, "A Study of the Market Segmentation and Development Strategy according to the Participating Motivations for Industrial", Korean Journal of Business Administration, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 113-133, 2010.
- Y. J. Ahn, C. Y. Shin, H. J. Song, C. K. Lee, "A Study on Motivation and Market Segmentation of Visitors for Attending Osong Cosmetics. Beauty Exhibition and Expo", Journal of Tourism and Leisure, vol. 25, no. 8, pp. 571-589, 2013.
- B. S. Kim, H. J. Lee, "A Study of Acknowledgment of Exhibition Service Quality on Visitor's Type", International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 275-294, 2007.
- S. J. Park, S. Sun, Y. R. Lee, "A Comparative Analysis on Differences in Festival Visiting Motives Between Domestic Visitors and Foreign Visitors", Journal of Marketing Management Research, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 1-18, 2014.
- S. B. Kim, M. M. Kim, S. B. Lee, "Study on Comparison of Perceived Crowding, Physical Density and Psychological Influence Affecting Mega-Event Visitors' Satisfaction: Focusing on F1 Korean Grand Prix and 2012 Yeosu Expo", Korean Journal of Hotel Administration, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 225-237, 2013.
- S. H. Yoon, J. Y. Han, "Comparison of Exhibitors' Characteristics between A Consumption Exhibition and A Capital Exhibition", Journal of Tourism and Leisure, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 311-325, 2010.
- J. G. Yang, "Comparative Study on the Satisfaction Factors of 2009 and 2013 Cheonan Well-being Food Expos", Journal of Korea Academic-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 5513-5524, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.9.5513 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.9.5513
- H. K. Yeo, D. K. Park, H. K. Kim, "The Effect of Participation Company's Satisfaction on the Recommendation and Re-participant Intention of Exhibition", Journal of MICE and Tourism Research, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 41-54, 2005.
- B. H. Cho, "Comparison of 2000 and 2003 Kyungju International Cultural Expo", Procedings of Korean Association for Public Administration, pp. 438-453, 2004.
- Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, 2014 Comprehensive Assessment Report for Cultural Tourism Festival, 2015.
- Nunnally, J. C, Psychometric Theory, 2nd Ed., McGraw-hill, New York, 1978.
- Chen, C. F., Tsai, D., "How Destination Image and Evaluative Factors Affect Behavioral Intentions?", Tourism Management, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 1115-1122, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2006.07.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2006.07.007
- Yong, A. G., Pearce, S., "A Beginner's Guide to Factor Analysis: Focusing on Exploratory Factor Analysis", Tutorials in Quantitative Methods for Psychology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 79-94, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.20982/tqmp.09.2.p079 https://doi.org/10.20982/tqmp.09.2.p079
- Mendes, M., Akkartal, E., "Comparison of ANOVA F and WELCH Tests with Their Respective Permutation Versions in Terms of Type I Error Rates and Test Power, Kafkas Univ Vet Fak Derg, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 711-716, 2010.
- Martin, K. A., Sinden, A. R., Fleming, J. C., "Inactivity May Be Hazardous to Your Image: The Effects of Exercise Participation on Impression Formation", Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 283-291, 2000. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1123/jsep.22.4.283 https://doi.org/10.1123/jsep.22.4.283
- Kano, N., Seraku, N., Takahashi, F., Tsuji, S., "Attractive Quality and Must-be Quality", Journal of the Japanese Society for Quality Control, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 23-35, 2009.