- Volume 18 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The thermodynamic efficiency characteristics of combined cogeneration system of 120MW
120MW급 열병합 복합발전시스템의 열역학적 효율 특성
- Choi, Myoungjin (Dept. of Defense Science & Technology, Howon University) ;
- Kim, Hongjoo (Suwan Energy Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Byeongheon (Dept. of special Equipment, Chunnam Techno University)
- Received : 2017.03.21
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
In this study, acombined cogeneration power plant produced two types of thermal energy and electric or mechanical power in a single process. The performance of each component of the gas turbine-combined cogeneration system was expressed as a function of the fuel consumption of the entire system, and the heat and electricity performance of each component. The entire system consisted of two gas turbines in the upper system, and two heat recovery steam generators (HRSG), a steam turbine, and two district heat exchangers in the lower system. In the gas turbine combined cogeneration system, the performance test after 10,000 hours of operation time, which is subject to an ASME PTC 46 performance test, was carried out by the installation of various experimental facilities. The performance of the overall output and power plant efficiency was also analyzed. Based on the performance test data, the test results were compared to confirm the change in performance. This study performed thermodynamic system analysis of gas turbines, heat recovery steam generators, and steam turbines to obtain the theoretical results. A comparison was made between the theoretical and actual values of the total heat generation value of the entire system and the heat released to the atmosphere, as well as the theoretical and actual efficiencies of the electrical output and thermal output. The test results for the performance characteristics of the gas turbine combined cogeneration power plant were compared with the thermodynamic efficiency characteristics and an error of 0.3% was found.
Combined Heat and Power;CHP;Heat Recovery Steam Generator;Gas turbine;Steam Turbine
- Ahn J., Lee Y. S., Kim H. J., "Combustion characteristics of a premixed burner in a stirling engine for a domestic cogeneration system", Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng.(B), vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 211-216. 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2012.36.2.211 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2012.36.2.211
- Kang B. H., Yun C. H., Ahn J., "Impact of residential CHP systems on greenhouse Gas emissions in korea", Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 555-561, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2013.25.10.555 https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2013.25.10.555
- Ryu M. R., Lee J. S., Park J. H., Lee S. B., Lee D. H., "Performance analysis of high efficiency co-generation system using the experimental design method", Transactions of KSAE, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 20-25, 2012.
- BasuA, K., Chodhury, S., Chowdhury, S. P., "Operational management of CHP-based microgrid", Proceedings of IEEE Power System Technology, pp. 24-28, 2009. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/POWERCON.2010.5666084
- Lee C. H., Jin S. Jun, Chung T. C., "A study of performance enhancement of small gas turbine combined heat and power system by steam injection and intake air cooling", Proceeding of KSME, vol. 2013 no. 5 pp. 57-58, 2013.
- Ro S. H., "A study on economic analysis of cogeneration system for total energy system", Korea Industrial Technology Graduate Master's Thesis, 2006.
- Sin J. H., "A study on the schemes for increasing the profitability of combined heat and power plant", Hanyang University Graduate Master's Thesis, 2010.
- Kim M. S., "Analysis of the performance characteristics of combined heat and power systems for district heating", Inha University Graduate Master's Thesis, 2008.
- You K. S., "A study on operation mode optimizing of combined heat and power plant", Yonsei University Graduate Master's Thesis, 2002.
- Cho Y. B., Sohn J. L., Ro S. T., "A study for the optimal operating conditions of the gas turbine based combined cycle cogeneration power plant," Proceeding of KSME, vol. 2003 no. 11, pp. 156-162.
- Song H. Y., "Optimal multi-mode operation of cogeneration systems for short-term energy scheduling", Konkuk University PhD thesis, 2013.
- Kim K. H., "Theoretical characteristics of thermodynamic performance of combined heat and power generation with parallel circuit using organic rankine cycle, Journal of the Korean Solar Energy Society, vol. 31. no. 6, pp 1598-6411, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7836/kses.2011.31.6.049
- Tina L., Toburen, Larry J., "How to conduct a plant performance test", Power, 2006.
- Kim H. J., "A study on performance degradation analysis of gas turbine combined heat and power plant", Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, vol. 28, no. 6, pp. 248-255, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2016.28.6.248 https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2016.28.6.248
- Kim C. J., Won J. M., Son C. M., "A study on the performance characteristics of combined cycle power plant applying power and efficiency enhancement technologies", Proceeding of KSME, vol. 2014 no. 11, pp. 1290-1295.