- Volume 53 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Complete genome sequence of a novel bacteriophage SPG24 isolated from Cheonggukjang
청국장에서 분리된 신생 박테리오파지 SPG24의 전체 염기 서열
- Kim, Chaehyun (Department of Microbiology, College of Natural Sciences, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Gyu-Cheol (Department of Microbiology, Water Quality Research Center, K-water) ;
- Kim, In Kyo (Department of Microbiology, College of Natural Sciences, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Seok Cheon (Department of Microbiology, College of Natural Sciences, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Oh Hyung (Department of Bio Sciences, College of Natural Science, Mokpo National University) ;
- Lee, Chan Hee (Department of Microbiology, College of Natural Sciences, Chungbuk National University)
- 김채현 (충북대학교 자연과학대학 미생물학과) ;
- 이규철 (한국수자원공사 수질연구센터 미생물과) ;
- 김인교 (충북대학교 자연과학대학 미생물학과) ;
- 김석천 (충북대학교 자연과학대학 미생물학과) ;
- 이오형 (목포대학교 자연과학대학 생명과학과) ;
- 이찬희 (충북대학교 자연과학대학 미생물학과)
- Received : 2017.06.08
- Accepted : 2017.06.08
- Published : 2017.06.30
A Bacillus subtilis strain, designated G24, was isolated from grape during a study on the fermentation of Cheongkukjang, Korean traditional fast-fermented bean paste. Also, a newly isolated bacteriophage SPG24, which was found to inhibit the fermentation process, uses B. subtilis G24 as a host. The complete genome sequence of the bacteriophage SPG24 was 152,060 bp in length, with a G+C content of 42.2%. This sequence included 232 ORF; 58 forward ORFs and 174 reverse ORFs.
Bacillus subtilis;bacteriophage SPG24;Cheongkukjang
Supported by : Chungbuk National University
- Ackermann, H.W. 1974. Classification of Bacillus and Clostridium bacteriophage. Pathol. Biol. (Paris) 22, 909-917.
- Hatful, G.F. 2008. Bacteriophage genomics. Curr. Opin. Microbiol. 11, 447-453. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mib.2008.09.004
- Lee, J.H., Shin, H., Son, B., and Ryu, S. 2012. Complete genome sequence of Bacillus cereus bacteriophage BCP78. J. Virol. 86, 637-638. https://doi.org/10.1128/JVI.06520-11
- Park, Y.S. 2006. Characterization of Bacillus subtilis phage SPG24 and its relationship to host infectivity. Mokpo National University, Master degree thesis. Retrieved from National Library of Korea (Accession no. DM475. 163-6-6=2).
- Pires, D.P., Kropinski, A.M., Azeredo, J., and Sillankorva, S. 2014. Complete genome sequence of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa bacteriophage phiIBB-PAA2. Genome Announc. 2, e01102-01113.
- Suttle, C.A. 2007. Marine viruses-major players in the global ecosystem. Nat. Rev. Mcirobiol. 5, 801-812 https://doi.org/10.1038/nrmicro1750