- Volume 53 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Genome sequence of Caballeronia sordidicola strain PAMC 26510 isolated from Psoroma sp., an Antarctic lichen
남극 지의류에서 분리한 Caballeronia sordidicola균주 PAMC 26510의 유전체 서열 분석
- Yang, Jhung Ahn (Department of Marine-Bio Convergence Science, Specialized Graduate School Science & Technology Convergence, Pukyong National University) ;
- Hong, Soon Gyu (Division of Polar Life Sciences, Korea Polar Research Institute) ;
- Oh, Hyun-Myung (Department of Marine-Bio Convergence Science, Specialized Graduate School Science & Technology Convergence, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2017.06.01
- Accepted : 2017.06.08
- Published : 2017.06.30
Caballeronia sordidicola strain PAMC 26510 was isolated from Psoroma sp., a lichen material, collected from Barton Peninsula of King George Island in Antarctica. The draft genome sequence of PAMC 26510 consisted of 224 contigs and they was 7,872,143 base pairs with 59.7% G+C content. The genome included 7,580 protein coding sequences and 6 ribosomal RNA genes and 46 tRNA genes. The strain PAMC 26510 is also a metabolic generalist as we have observed in previous genomic studies in the arctic strain of Caballeronia sordidicola. The draft genomic sequences of PAMC 26510 had six CRISPR arrays on six contigs, and there were two clusters of CRISPR-associated genes that were linked with respective CRISPR arrays.
Caballeronia sordidicola;Psoroma species;Antarctic;lichen
Supported by : Korea Polar Research Institute(KOPRI), Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries
- Angus, A.A., Agapakis, C.M., Fong, S., Yerrapragada, S., Estrada-de los Santos, P., Yang, P., Song, N., Kano, S., Caballero-Mellado, J., de Faria, S.M., et al. 2014. Plant-associated symbiotic Burkholderia species lack hallmark strategies required in mammalian pathogenesis. PLoS One 9, e83779. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0083779
- Biswas, A., Staals, R.H.J., Morales, S.E., Fineran, P.C., and Brown, C.M. 2016. CRISPRDetect: A flexible algorithm to define CRISPR arrays. BMC Genomics 17, 356. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12864-016-2627-0
- Boisvert, S., Laviolette, F., and Corbeil, J. 2010. Ray: simultaneous assembly of reads from a mix of high-throughput sequencing technologies. J. Comput. Biol. 17, 1519-1533. https://doi.org/10.1089/cmb.2009.0238
- Dobritsa, A.P. and Samadpour, M. 2016. Transfer of eleven species of the genus Burkholderia to the genus Paraburkholderia and proposal of Caballeronia gen. nov. to accommodate twelve species of the genera Burkholderia and Paraburkholderia. Int. J. Syst. Evol. Microbiol. 66, 2836-2846. https://doi.org/10.1099/ijsem.0.001065
- Kim, J., Kwon, K.K., Kim, B.K., Hong, S.G., and Oh, H.M. 2017. Genome sequence of Caballeronia sordidicola strain PAMC 26592 isolated from an arctic lichen species. Korean J. Microbiol. 53.
- Lee, Y.M., Kim, G., Jung, Y.J., Choe, C.D., Yim, J.H., Lee, H.K., and Hong, S.G. 2012. Polar and Alpine Microbial Collection (PAMC): a culture collection dedicated to polar and alpine microorganisms. Polar Biol. 35, 1433-1438. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00300-012-1182-7
- Lee, Y.M., Kim, E.H., Lee, H.K., and Hong, S.G. 2014. Biodiversity and physiological characteristics of Antarctic and Arctic lichensassociated bacteria. World J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 30, 2711-2721. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11274-014-1695-z
- Quinlan, A.R. and Hall, I.M. 2010. BEDTools: a flexible suite of utilities for comparing genomic features. Bioinformatics 26, 841-842. https://doi.org/10.1093/bioinformatics/btq033
- Sawana, A., Adeolu, M., and Gupta, R.S. 2014. Molecular signatures and phylogenomic analysis of the genus Burkholderia: proposal for division of this genus into the emended genus Burkholderia containing pathogenic organisms and a new genus Paraburkholderia gen. nov. harboring environmental species. Front Genet. 5, 429.