- Volume 50 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Phosphorus Fertilization After Incorporation of Green Manure Crops to Jeju Volcanic Ash Soils on Potato Yields, Available Phosphate Contents in Soil, and Phosphorus Balances
- Kang, Ho-Jun (Jeju Special Self-governing Province Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Yang, Sang-Ho (Jeju Special Self-governing Province Agricultural Research and Extension Services) ;
- Kim, Yu-Kyoung (Jeju Special Self-governing Province Agricultural Research and Extension Services)
- Received : 2015.10.01
- Accepted : 2017.07.04
- Published : 2017.06.30
The volcanic ash soils from the Jeju province have low available phosphate because of the high phosphate fixing power of the soils. Phosphorus fertilizerwas dressed after cultivating green manure crops and before cultivating potatoes in order to investigate potato yields, the available phosphate contents, and phosphorus balance in the soils. Green manure crops cultivated in this study were hairy vetch alone and hairy vetch and rye. During potato cultivation, four treatments were conducted in the experiments; NF (non fertilizer), P fertilizer (
Supported by : Rural Development Administration
- Bauder, J.W., S. Mahmood, B.E. Schaff, and D.J. Sieler. 1997. Effect of phosphorus soil test level on sorghumsudangrass response to phosphorus fertilizer. Agron. J. 89:9-16. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1997.00021962008900010002x
- Cho, H.S., J.H. Seo, M.T. Kim, S.P. Eom, and J.K. Lee. 2006. The change of phosphorus in soil by green manure application. Res. Rep. Rural Development Administration Nat. Inst. Crop Sci. 7:503-516.
- Joa, J.H., H.C. Lim, S.G. Han, S.J. Chun, and J.S. Suh. 2007. Characteristics of Bacillus sphaericus PSB-13 as phosphate solubilizing bacterium isolated from citrus orchard soil. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 40(5):405-411.
- Kim, T.Y., A.R. Daquiado, F. Alam, and Y.B. Lee. 2012. Evaluation of nitrogen and phosphorus balance in green manure-rice cropping systems without incorporation of green manure crops. Korean J. Environ. Agric. 31(4): 308-312. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2012.31.4.308
- Lee, C.S., G.J. Lee, K.Y. Shin, J.H. Ahn, J.T. Lee, and B.K. Hur. 2002. Effect of application added phosphorus and potassium for potato and chinese cabbage in mounded highland soil. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 35(6):372-380.
- Lee, C.S., J.K. Park, C.W. Shin, and J.K. Kim. 1984. Determination of the optimum rates of phosphorus fertilizer for soybean in the different reclaimed hillside soils. Res. Rep. Rural Development (Soil Fertilizer). 26(1):9-14.
- Lee, S.M., J.K. Sung, Y.H. Lee, H.J. Ji, B.M. Lee, D.H. Choi, and Y.H. Kim. 2005. Effect of crop rotation introduced for organic farming practice in the upland soil. Res. Rep. Rural Development Administration Nat. Inst. Agric. Sci. 87-118.
- Matsuda, A. 1981. Crop rotation and organic amendment for biological control of soil-borne diseases. Plant Prot. 35:108-114.
- Park, H., S.H. Yoo, and S.B. Hong. 1975. Characteristics and management of citrus orchard soils in Jeju. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 8(3):135-152.
- Ryu, I.S., S.H. Yoo, and J.H. Yoon. 1976. Fertility status of Jeju volcanic ash soil and its improvement. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 8(3):121-133.
- Sarantonio, M. and T.W. Scott. 1988. Tillage effects on availability of nitrogen to corn following a winter green manure crop. Soil Sci. Soc. Am. J. 85:134-140.
- Shin, C.W., I.S. Ryu, and J.H. Yoon. 1980. A study on composition of inorganic phosphorus forms and methods of determining available phosphorus in volcanic ash. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 13(3):93-97.
- Shin, Y.H. and H.O. Kim. 1975. Characteristics of volcvanic ash soils. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 8(3):113-119.
- Terry, A. Tindall, D.T. Westermann, J.C. Stark, J.C. Ojala, and G.E. Kleinkopf. 1993. Phosphorus nutrition of potatoes. University of Idaho College Agriculture. Current Information Series No. 903.
- Yause, T. 1991. The change of cultivation and utilization of Chinese milk vetch (Astragalus sinicus L.) and the effect of fertilizer and soil fertility on paddy field as a green manure. Jpn. J. Crop Sci., 60(4):583-592. https://doi.org/10.1626/jcs.60.583
- Yoo, S.H. and K.C. Song. 1984. Chemical characteristics of soils in Cheju Island. II. Variations in chemical characteristics of the citrus orchard soils as a function of years of cultivation. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 17(2):161-166.
- Yoo, S.H. and S.U. Lim. 1997. Soil fertilizer. Korea Broadcasting and Telecommunications University. p. 235-236.