- Volume 67 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study onthe Application Methodsfor Globalization of Korean Uniform
한국적 유니폼의 세계화를 위한 활용 방안에 대한 연구
- Kim, Da Min (Dept. of Design, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Soh, Hwang Oak (Dept. of Fashion Design, Chung-Ang University)
- Received : 2017.04.04
- Accepted : 2017.06.16
- Published : 2017.06.30
The purpose of this study is to propose application methods for the globalization of Korean Uniforms. This study examined the Korean uniforms currently at home and abroad, and focused on the development and usage of uniforms that promoted the Korean image. Study results have shown that a variety of Korean uniform design have been developed through contests, design research. Even though these designs are being sold, its use has been limited. The most popular uniforms worn in Korean restaurants do not reflect the latest fashion trend. In order to utilize and globalize Korean uniform design, following steps need to be taken: first, the communication between uniform designers, researchers developing the Korean uniform design and uniform users needs to exist. Second, Korean uniforms should be utilized in more diverse and effective areas to better promote the Korean image. Third, a platform that has access to a design database needs to be produced to utilize the already developed designs and pay royalties.
Supported by : 중앙대학교
- 2009 Hanboksarang Festival (2009, October 25). Retrieved from http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=vhflqpower&logNo=91884118&parentCategoryNo=&categoryNo=&viewDate=&isShowPopularPosts=false&from=postView
- Baek, B. N. (2000). A study for development of the uniform design of the hotel employees utilizing traditional Korean beauty in a modern way (Unpublished master's thesis). Ehwa Women's University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Cha, M. H & Na, S. S. (2014). A Case Study on Art Collaboration Utilizing Korean Image, Journal of Korean Society of Communication Design, 23, 166-175.
- Culturecontent.com (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.culturecontent.com/main.do
- Dusit Thai (2016, February). Retrievved from http://www.dusit.com/dusitthani/guamresort/news/korean-singer-song-dae-kwan-visits-dusit-thani-guam-resort/
- Eum, J. S. & Yoo, Y. S. (2008). A content analysis of researches about "Korean style image" in 2000-2008 -focusing on the field of clothing and textile, Journal of Basic Design & Art, 10(5), 333-341.
- Hanbok Advancement Center [HAC] (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.hanbokcenter.kr/user/nd38546.do
- Hanbok uniform (2014, August 20). Retrieved from http://www.11st.co.kr/product/SellerProductDetail.tmall?method=getSellerProductDetail&prdNo=996401707&trTypeCd=21&trCtgrNo=null
- Hwang, J. S. & Ha, J. S. (2010). The effects of Korean image benefits sought on Korean image associations and clothing preferences, Journal of Korean Traditional Costume, 13(3), 77-93.
- Jin, K. O. & Lee, M. J. (2003). A study on uniform design applied orientalism, Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 5(5), 443-452.
- Jung, J. C., Park, S. K., & Min, S. J. (2012). A Study on Uniform Design of Female Flight Attendants Using Korean Images, Journal of The Korean Society of Fashion Design, 12(1), 55-73.
- Kang, J. Y. (2008). A study on airline cabin crews' uniform design applied with hanbok (Unpublished master's thesis). Sungshin Women's Univesity, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Kim, E. J. & Kang, S. J. (2004). A study of present circumstance of uniform design for Korean restaurant employees in hotels, Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 54(8), 101-112.
- Kim, K. I. (2009, October 24). Hanbok and mini skirt m eeting, Bnt News, Retrieved from http://bntnews.hankyung.com/apps/news?nid=02&nkey=200910242150273&mode=sub_view
- Kim, M. J. & Park, J H. (2002), Soccer uniform designs representing Korean image, Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 52(4), 125-139.
- Kim, M. J. (2008). Designing national museum of korea uniform inspired by Korean symbols (Unpublished master's thesis). Ehwa Women's University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Kim, Y. H. (2011, January). Uniform, take beauty of Korea, Design house, Retrieved from http://happy.designhouse.co.kr/magazine/magazine_view/00010004/2939?call=list
- Lee, C. H. (2000). The Analysis of Meaning of Korean Image Reflected in Modern Clothing, The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 8(4), 562-576.
- Lee, S. E. & Lee, Y. M. (2001). A Study on Developing Fashion Items of Korean Image I, Journal of the Korean Fashion & Costume Design Association, 3(1), 93-115.
- Lim, K. H. (2005). A Study on Wearing Satisfaction and Purchase about Hanbok Uniforms of Korean Style Food Restaurants, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 29(3,4), 462-469.
- Min, S. J. (2011). Study on uniform design for enhancing the national brand image : focusing on Koreanstyle uniforms of female flight attendant (Unpublished master's thesis). Kookmin University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Na, H. S. (2012). A case study on the uniform design of domestic enterprises (Unpublished master's thesis). Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Republic of Korea.
- Park, H. J. (2013). Suggestions for badminton wear employing motives from Korean traditional pattern (Unpublished master's thesis). Hongik University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Park, J. H. (2016, April 14). Norway's prime minister vi sit Gyeongbokgung Palace, Diodeo, Retrieved from http://www.diodeo.com/news/view/1545156
- Research Information Service (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/index.do
- Restaurant Employee's Uniform Wind (2001, November 15). Korea Daily, Retrieved from http://www.koreadaily.com/news/read.asp?art_id=153984
- Shim, H. J. & Kang, J. Y. (2009). A study on development of uniform design applied with Hanbok : focus on airline cabin crew's uniform, Conference of The Society of Korean Traditional Costume, 4, 35-36.
- Sung, J. H. (2014, August 20). Beauty, Asian game Ha nbok, Chosun, Retrieved from http://chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2014/08/20/2014082000139.html
- Thai Uniforms that make Fashion (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.thainarak.net/fashion43-which-uniform-you-like-the-most-eng.html
- Uniform (2014, August 20). In Doopedia. Retrieved from http://www.doopedia.co.kr/doopedia/master/master.do?_method=view&MAS_IDX=101013000858801