- Volume 67 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Case Study For Participatory Fashion Design Using Generative Design Methodology
제너러티브 디자인 방법론을 활용한 참여적 패션디자인의 사례 연구
- Lee, Jee Hyun (Dept. of Human Environment & Design, Yonsei University) ;
- Lee, Eun Han (Graduate School, Dept. of Human Environment & Design, Yonsei University) ;
- Cho, Hye Soo (Graduate School, Dept. of Human Environment & Design, Yonsei University) ;
- Yang, Eun Kyoung (Graduate School, Dept. of Human Environment & Design, Yonsei University) ;
- Kho, Jeong Min (Graduate School, Dept. of Human Environment & Design, Yonsei University)
- 이지현 (연세대학교 생활디자인학과) ;
- 이은한 (연세대학교 대학원 생활디자인학과) ;
- 조혜수 (연세대학교 대학원 생활디자인학과) ;
- 양은경 (연세대학교 대학원 생활디자인학과) ;
- 고정민 (연세대학교 대학원 생활디자인학과)
- Received : 2017.02.17
- Accepted : 2017.06.16
- Published : 2017.06.30
This study examined the characteristics of generative design methodology, and it selected and analyzed 11 sites that provide design development services using generative methodology, INPUT data were classified into design form factor based on the choices of each and the variable form associated with each participant's movement. In designing the algorithms, designers set the meth- od and range of participation according to the characteristics of the design, and linked them with design components. This provided the study with a discriminative design process. This resulted in a type with morphological characteristics and a type that emphasized epidermal formability. The generative design methodology has value as an alternative process in the field of fashion where the utilization of digital technology is becoming universal based on contingency and variability. The results of this study can be used as basic data for the study of personalized design through the extension of methodology of digital-based fashion design and generative methodology.
Supported by : 한국콘텐츠진흥원
- Ann-kristin abel.com (n.d.). Convival Project Generative Scarves. Retrieved from http://annkristinabel.com/generative-scarves/
- Cho, Y. H. & Yoo, B. H. (2014). A Study on the BasicDesign Education by the Structure Variables of Digital Modeling - Centered on Rhino 3D & CREO in the Design Education Course of Product Design, Journal of Digital Design, 14(4), 591-604. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2014.14.1.059
- Choi, J. S. (2011). Case Studies on Application of Generative Design Methodology in Art and Design. Journal of Digital Design, 11(4), 431-440. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2011.11.4.042
- Continuum (n.d.-a). Continuum fashion. Retrieved from http://www.continuumfashion.com/D.php
- Continuum (n.d.-b). Form creation fashion design by Generative Design Method. Retrieved from http://www.continuumfashion.com/D.php
- DDP (2015). DDP. Retrieved from https://www.ddp.or.kr/board/118/post?pageNumber=5&pageSize=6&menuId=4
- Design made in germany (2016). Share schal woollaa. Retrieved from http://www.designmadeingermany.de/links/98923/
- Funkytshack (n.d.). Participatory Fashion Design. Retrieved from http://funkytshack.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/tshirt.jpg
- Gines, 2014, (fig.1). Generative design process. Retrieved from https://paugines.wordpress.com/2015/04/07/generative-design-methods-to-create-custom-furniture/
- Hypebeast (2016). Google x Zalando. Retrieved from https://hypebeast.com/2016/9/google-zalando-project-muze
- Imgrum (n.d.). Serpentine Pavilion. Retrieved from http://www.imgrum.net/media/1269801272823969819_1423470189
- Kim, J. W. (2015). A Study on Textile Design Process that applies Algorithm (Doctoral dissertation). Konkuk University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Lee, J. H., Ahn, J. W., Kim, J. E., & Kho, J. M. (2016). Participatory fashion design education program based on RP-ISD model. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 66(1), 73-89. https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2016.66.1.073
- Lee, J. H., Ahn, J. W., Park, H. J., Yun, J. Y., & Ha, J.H. (2013). Development of the frame of participatory design process based on network, Society of Korea Design Trend, 41(0), 17-28.
- Lee, J. H., Lee, E. J., Ahn, J. W., Kim, J. E., Ryu, L.J., Oh, N. R. & Zhang. J. (2014). Comparative Job Analysis of Fashion designers between the participatory design process and general process. Journal of Korea Society of Design Forum, 43, 151-164.
- Leonie suzanne (2014). This Fits Me. Retrieved from http://leoniesuzanne.com/thisfitsme.html
- Lim, H. B. (2010). Fun Fashion Design in the Emotional Consumption Era (Unpublished master's thesis). Konkuk University, Seoul, Republic of Korea).
- LWN.net (n.d.). Processing software UI and design examples. Retrieved from https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1fwWYwl8J8s/maxresdefault.jpg
- Made with code (n.d.). Code fahion LED dress. Retrieved from https://www.madewithcode.com/projects/
- McCormack, J., Dorin, A. & Innocent, T. (2004). Generative Design: a paradigm for design research in Redmond, J. et. al. (eds) Proceedings of Futureground, Design Research Society, Melbourne.
- Michael burk studio (n.d.). Print all over me. Retrieved from http://www.michaelburkstudio.com/printalloverme
- Nervous system (n.d.-a). Nervous system kinematic cloth. Retrieved from http://n-e-r-v-o-u-s.com/blog/?p=6280
- Nervous system (n.d.-b). Nervous system radiolaria. Retrieved from http://n-e-r-v-o-u-s.com/shop/product.php?code=39&search=ring
- Nam, S. W. & Chung, Y. J. (2012). A Case Study for-Application of Parametric Design in Jewelry Design Fields-The Application of a Generative Design System-, The Journal of the Korea Society of Art&Design, 15(2), 30-46.
- Not just a label (n.d.). Knit scarf design by Generative Design Method. Retrieved from https://www.notjustalabel.com/designer/convivial-project
- NUS (n.d.). Generative Fashion Accessory Design. Retrieved from http://did.nus.edu.sg/images/platforms/indiv/generativedesign4.jpg
- Open ideo (n.d.). OPEN IDEO Homepage. Retrieved from https://openideo.com
- Park, S. H. (2009). Generative art -Focused on an Objection to Philip Galanter's Formal Classification, Journal of Communication Design, 31(0), 82-91.
- Pinterest (2009). Grasshopper Sofrware UI. Retrieved from https://kr.pinterest.com/pin/335377503475436281/
- Pinterest (n.d). Generative Furniture Design. Retrieved from https://kr.pinterest.com/pin/401313016776771468/
- Prosthetic knowledge (2016). Chroma app. Retrieved from http://prostheticknowledge.tumblr.com/post/141797474686/chroma-collaborative-project-from-nick
- Shin, H. J & Kim, H. Y. (2015). A Study of the Development of Fashion design for Enhancing Sustainable Participation of User, Bulletin of Korean Societyof Basic Design & Art, 16(2), 253-268.
- Sk11 (2015) Line design by Generative Design Method Retrieved from http://www.sk11.org/artikel/3d-scanning-will-be-used-to-createunique-fitted-clothing_62
- Standardabweichung (n.d.). Generative Font Design.Retrieved form http://www.standardabweichung.de/design/experiment/generative_font_design_linetype_muenchen.jpg
- Tseng Shihhan (2012). Mass Customized Generative Design: Focusing On Furniture Design (Unpublished master's thesis), Hongik University, International Design School for A dvanced Studies, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 3-4.
- Umd. studio (n.d.). Unmade. Retrieved from https://umd.studio/knitwear/women/jumpers/white-label/type-something/