- Volume 67 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on College Women's Online Shopping Motivation Effect on Satisfaction Level in Purchasing Fashion Products
여대생의 패션제품 온라인 쇼핑동기 요인이 쇼핑 만족도에 미치는 영향 연구
- Kwon, Jin (Dept. of Fashion Design, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Kim, Yong Mun (Dept. of Fashion design, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Um, So Hee (Dept. of Fashion Design, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Lee, Young Sook (Dept. of Fashion Design, Gangneung-Wonju National University) ;
- Woo, Hyun Ri (Dept. of Fashion Design, Gangneung-Wonju National University)
- 권진 (강릉원주대학교 패션디자인학과) ;
- 김용문 (강릉원주대학교) ;
- 엄소희 (강릉원주대학교 패션디자인학과) ;
- 이영숙 (강릉원주대학교 패션디자인학과) ;
- 우현리 (강릉원주대학교 패션디자인학과)
- Received : 2016.12.02
- Accepted : 2017.06.15
- Published : 2017.06.30
Fashion market in the past had a physical structure, and the supply and demand developed within that space. However, this has changed with the development of online fashion market, as it no longer requires physical space. The purpose of this study was to examine the satisfaction level of online shopping purchase based on the purchase motivation of women in their 20's. It aimed to look into how the online media affected the market, and find ways to improve the shopping malls according to the demands of the market. This study examined the effect of female students' online shopping motivation on their satisfaction with a premise that purchase motivation is related to the satisfaction level. The researched subjects were selected among female college students, and the regression analysis was done using the collected questionnaires. Results showed that economic purchase motivation, product purchase motivation, hedonic purchase motivation, and social purchase motivation had positive correlation to satisfaction level. The most influential factors to the satisfaction level were convenient purchase motivation and product purchase motivation, then social purchase motivation in shopping. Hedonic purchase and economic purchase were less influential than other factors in online shopping. Social purchase motivation factor is least influential when compared to others. As for detailed purchase motivations affecting the satisfaction level, reasonable price, latest fashion goods, interest and fun of online shopping, and the ease of shopping were important factors. The research result indicates that alternative shopping solutions can be better understood by examining the online shopping satisfaction according to purchase motivation, and improve current online shopping malls.
- In, K. (2009). The Impact of Service Satisfaction on Repurchase Intentions and Word-of-Mouth: The Moderating Role of Relationship Quality and Service Involvement (Unpublished master's thesis). Ewha Women's University, Republic of Korea.
- Bae, J., Kim, Y., Park, J. & Lee, K. (2006). Purchase Motives of Fashion Products in Surrogate Internet Shopping Malls, The Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 31(3), 379-380.
- Bellenger, D. N. & Korgaonkar, P. K. (1980). Profiling the Recreational Shopper. Journal of Retailing, 56(3), 77-92.
- Brown, M., Pope, N., & Voges, K. (2002). Buying of Browsing? An Exploration of Shopping Orientations and On-line Purchase Intention. European Journal of Marketing, 37, 1666-1688.
- Gu, S. (2014). The Study on the Customer Satisfaction and Re-Purchase Intention on Social Shopping, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 15(4), 2048-2061. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2048
- Fang, L. (2012). A Study on the Effect of Shopping Motivation of Social Commerce on Flow, Trust and Purchase Intention (Unpublished master's thesis). Kongju National University, Republic of Korea.
- Holbrook, M. B. & Elizabeth C. H. (1987). The Experiential Aspects of Consumption: Consumer Fantasies, Feeling, and Fun, Journal of Consumer Research, 132-140.
- Jo, K & Song, H. (2002). Shopping Orientation's Differentiation between On-line Consumer Group and Off-line Consumer Group, Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science, 10, 71-90.
- Ju, Y. (2013). A research on internet consumer's fashion product purchase behavior according to shopping orientation between Lorea and China: comparison of the 20-30 female consumer in Seoul, Shanghai (Unpublished master's thesis). Hanyang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Jung, C. (2005). A Study on the Factors having Influence upon Consumers' Buying Behavior at Internet Shopping Malls (Unpublished master's thesis). Dong-A University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Kim, G. (2014). A Study of The Effects of The Characteristics of Social Commerce on Perceived Value and Satisfaction with Shopping, Journal of Treatise on The Plastic Media, 17(4), 15-22.
- Kim, H. (2000). A Study on Types of User Behavior and Satisfaction Level on the Information on Internet Fashion Web Sites (Master Dissertation, Seoul Women's University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T8423517
- Kim, J. (2002), A Study on Searching Information and Satisfaction of Internet Clothing Shopping (Master Dissertation, Silla University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T9446644
- Kim, J. (2008). Study on the Characteristics of Addictive Buying Tendencies to buy Fashion Products from Internet Shopping Malls: Focusing on Age 20-30 Women (Master Dissertation, Seoul Women's University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T11216915
- Kim, S., Kim, K., Park, M. & Yang, J. (2011). Effect of Customer's Emotion Experienced during Internet Shopping On Shopping Behavior According to Internet Shopping Motivation, Management Information Systems review, 30(1), 1-37.
- Kim, S & Rhee, E (1999). A exploratory study on Segmentation of Internet Clothing Buyer: Focusing Buying Motives, Journal of distribution research, 4(2), 75-91.
- Kim, S. H. & Rhee, Y. S. (2001). A study on the relation-ship between the fashion leadership and the characteristics of the shopping. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 25(1), 162-172.
- Ko, B. (2014). An Analysis on Senior's Purchase Decision-Making on the Internet Shopping (Doctoral Dissertation, Chung-Ang University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T13413640
- Lee, H. (2005). A study on shopping orientation and a purchasing behavior of clothing from an Internet shipping mall: Focusing on Korean woman in their 20's (Master Dissertation, Ewha Women's University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T10024478
- Lim, H. J., & Hong, K. H. (2004). A study on information search and impulse buying behavior according to the internet clothing shopping motives. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(8), 1065-1075.
- Lee, E. & Kim, J. (2013). The Effects of Internet Fashion Consumer Characteristics, Shopping Motivation, and Price Sensitivity on Negative Purchasing Behavior, Fashion & Text. Res. J., 15(3), 381-392. https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.3.381
- Lee, J. E., & Lee, K. H. (2009). Purchase motives, use of information sources, and decision making styles of online clothing shoppers. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(6), 880-892. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.6.880
- Lee, S. (2004). A Study on Influential Factors on Consumer's Reliance and Satisfaction in Purchasing the Products from Online Shopping Mall (Master Dissertation, Ewha Women's University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/search
- Lee, T. (2011). A study on gender differences in internet shopping behaviors (Master Dissertation, Korea University, Republic of Korea. Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T12519407
- Li, H., Kuo, C., & Russell, G. M. (1999). The impact of perceived channel utilities, shopping orientations, and demographics on the consumer's online buying behavior. Journal of Computer Mediated Communication, 5(2), 1-20.
- Lim, H. j. & Hong, K. H. (2004). A Study on Information Search and Impulse Buying Behavior according to the Internet Clothing Shopping Motives, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(8), 1065-1075.
- Lotz, S. L., Eastlick, M. A., & Shim, S. (1999). Modeling Participation in Entertainment and Shopping Activities in Malls Utilizing the Flow Paradigm (Master Dissertation, Yonsei University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/search
- Na, Z. (2012). The Effects of Internet Shopping Motivation on Information Searching Intention, Customer Satisfaction and Purchase Intention: Focusing on Consumers in Beijing, International Area Studies Review, 16(1), 221-239.
- Na, Y. (2006). Determinants of Shopping Value and Consumer Satisfaction in Internet Shopping-mall: In case of Fashion Products (Master Dissertation, Chung-Ang University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T10342582
- Park, E & Kim, E (2006). A Structural model of fashion-oriented impulse buying behavior, Journal of Fashion Marketing and Management, 10(4), 433-446. https://doi.org/10.1108/13612020610701965
- Park. C. & Kang, Y. (2011). Internet Shopping in Japans: Shopping motivation, Perceived Risks, and Innovativeness, Asia-Pacific Journal of Business, 2(1), 91-114
- Park, H., Lee, Y., & Kim. H. (2009). Clothing Shopping Motivation on Internet and Customer e-Loyalty among Korean and Chinese College Students, Journal of Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 33(11), 1744-1754. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2009.33.11.1744
- Park, I. (2003), A Study on Service Quality Satisfaction of Fashion Goods According to Service Quality Importance and Customer's Types in the Internet Shopping Mall (Master Dissertation, Ho-Seo University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T8947790
- Park, G. (2011), A Study on Determinants Affecting Purchase Intention in Internet Shopping Malls (Master Dissertation, Ho-Seo University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T12514520
- Qin, H. & Kim, C. (2016). Online Shopping Motivation, Attitudes towards Online Shopping, Shopping Satisfaction, Purchased Items for Chinese 20 to 30 Years Old Customers Between in HANGZHOU and in SHANGHAI, Korean Society of Basic Design & Art, 569-580.
- Shin, H. & Ha, O. (2001). Shopping behavior, attitude and characteristics of internet clothing shoppers, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 25(1), 71-82.
- Shin, S. & Kim, H. (2001), A Study on Types of Behavior and Satisfaction Level on the Information on Internet Fashion Web Sites, Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(8), 1500-1511.
- Snong, W. & Lee, M. (2001). A Study on the Clothing Purchasing Behavior in Internet Shopping and Its Relation to Life Style, The Costume Culture Association, 9(4), 602-615.
- Song, Y. (2009). Study on the Factors that Affect the Customer Satisfaction and Repurchasing Intentions of Internet Shopping Clients (Master Dissertation, Ajou University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T11613373
- To, P. L., Liao, C., & Lin, T. H. (2007). Shopping motivations on internet: A study based on utilitarian and hedonic value. Technovation, 27(12), 774-787. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.technovation.2007.01.001
- Yoo. H. & Kim, G. (2001). A Consumer Satisfaction Model in Internet Shopping by Shopping Mall Type: Focused on Twenties and Thirties, Journal of Consumer Studies, 12(3), 223-255.
- Yoo, J. & Park, C. (2009). The effects of shopping motivation on customer satisfaction of open market site. The Academy of Customer Satisfaction Management, 11(3), 103-121.
- Yoo. O. (2010), The Effects of Flow on Consurmers' Purchase Intention at a Fashion Internet Shopping Mall, (Master Dissertation, Hanyang University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T11938415
- Yoo, Y. (2010). The Effects of Sales Promotion in Internet Shopping Mall on Fashion Customer's Purchase Satisfaction, Repurchase Intention and Word-or-Mouth Intention (Master Dissertation, Chung-Ang University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T12161802
- Westbrook, R. A. (1960). Interpersonal affective influence on consumer satisfaction with products, Journal of Consumer Research, June, 86.
- Yoon, S. (2008). A Study on Buying Behavior of Internet Clothing Products According to Adolescents' Shopping Orientation (Master Dissertation, SookMyung Women's University. Republic of Korea). Retrieved from http://www.riss.kr/link?id=T11381090
- Effect of Apparel Conformity and Product Evaluations of Tween Mothers on Brand Evaluations : Focusing on the global sport fashion brands’ kids lines vol.68, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7233/jksc.2018.68.5.157