- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
i-Manager: An Implementation of LOD Instance Development System
i-Manager : LOD 인스턴스 개발 시스템의 구현
- Moon, Hee-kyung (Department of Computer Engineering, Wonkwang University) ;
- Han, Sung-kook (Department of Computer Engineering, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2017.04.17
- Accepted : 2017.06.09
- Published : 2017.06.30
The research and development on Web of Data to realize the opening and sharing of diverse, heterogonous data on the Web has been actively accomplished. As a standard data model for this effort, LOD (Linked Open Data) based on ontology has been proposed. A specialized instance generation system is vital to the development of LOD-based system effectively. This paper implements i-Manager as an appropriate environment for the development of LOD instances, considering the requirements of LOD systems and the practical development environment of the diverse application domains. i-Manager separates the instance layer from the ontology layer by way of LOD Interface Sheet (LIS) and implements the specialized functions requested in LOD instance development, such as instance edit/store, visualization and SPARQL query processing. This paper proposes a new approach for LOD instance development, and i-Manager can be applied for the practical LOD development environment in the diverse application areas.
Supported by : wonkwang university
- F. M. Suchanek and G. Weikum, "Knowledge Bases in the Age of Big Data Analytics," Proceedings of the Very Large Data Base Endowment, vol. 7, no. 13, pp. 1713-1714, Aug. 2014.
- A. Zaveri, A. Rula, A. Maurino, R. Pietrobon, J. Lehmann and S. Auer, "Quality Assessment for Linked Data: A Survey," Semantic Web, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 63-93, Jan. 2016.
- C. Bizer, "The emerging web of linked data," IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 8792, Sep, 2009.
- T. Davies and D. Edwards, "Emerging Implications of Open and Linked Data for Knowledge Sharing in Development", IDS Bulletin, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 117-127, Sep. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1759-5436.2012.00372.x
- W. Carrara, W. S. Chan, S. Fischer and E. Steenbergen, Creating Value through Open Data: European Data Portal, Belgium, EU:Digital Agenda for Europe, 2015.
- S. Auer, V. Bryl, and S. Tramp, Linked Open Data - Creating Knowledge Out of Interlinked Data: Results of the LOD2 Project, LNCS 8661, Heidelberg, Springer, 2014.
- M. L. Rosch and R. Heese, "Linked Data Authoring for Non-Experts," in WWW2009, Madrid, Spain, pp 1-5, 2009.
- E. Klein, A. Gschwend and A. C. Neuroni, "Towards a Linked Data Publishing Methodology," International Conference for E-Democracy and Open Government (CeDEM), Lower Austria, pp. 188-196, 2016.
- F. Michel, J. Montagnat and C. Faron-Zucker, "A survey of RDB to RDF translation approaches and tools," Ph. D. dissertation, Laboratoire d'Informatique, Signaux et Systemes de Sophia-Antipolis (I3S), France, 2014.
- P. Gocebe, O. Dikenelli and N. U. Kose "Bringing Agility into Linked Data Development," in Proceeding of the 8th International Workshop About Linked Data On The Web(LDOW2015), Florence, Italy, pp. 1-10, 2015.
- N. Shadbolt, K. O'Hara, T. Berners-Lee, N. Gibbins, H. Glaser and W. Hall, "Linked Open Government Data," IEEE Intelligent Systems, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 16-24, Jun. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/MIS.2012.23
- S. Auer, L. Buhmann, C. Dirschl, O. Erling, M. Hausenblas, R. Isele, J. Lehmann, M. Martin, P. N. Mendes, B. Nuffelen, C. Stadler, S. Tramp and H. Williams, "Managing the life-cycle of linked data with the LOD2 stack," in Proceeding of the 1th International Semantic Web Conference(ISWC 2012), Boston: MA, pp. 1-16, 2012.
- K. S. Yoshimura. (2016, August). Analysis of International Linked Data Survey for Implementers. D-Lib Magazine [Online]. 22(7/8). Available: http://www.dlib.org/dlib/july16/smith-yoshimura/07smith-yoshimura.html.
- D. Jackson and E. Kang, "Separation of concerns for dependable software design," in Proceedings of the FSE/SDP workshop on Future of software engineering research. Santa Fe: NM, pp. 173-176, 2010.
- T. Heath and C. Bizer, Linked Data: Evolving the Web into a Global Data Space , 1st ed. San Rafael, CA: Morgan & Claypool Pub., 2011.
- CodePlex Project Hosting for Open Source Software, dotNetRDF Project [Internet]. Available: https://dotnetrdf.codeplex.com/.