- Volume 36 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Arsenic Speciation and Risk Assessment of Miscellaneous Cereals by HPLC-ICP-MS
HPLC-ICP-MS를 활용한 잡곡의 비소 화학종 및 위해 분석
- An, Jae-Min (Division of Safety Analysis, Experiment & Research Institute, National Agriculture Products Quality Management Service) ;
- Hong, Kyong-Suk (Division of Safety Analysis, Experiment & Research Institute, National Agriculture Products Quality Management Service) ;
- Kim, Sung-Youn (Division of Safety Analysis, Experiment & Research Institute, National Agriculture Products Quality Management Service) ;
- Kim, Dae-Jung (Division of Safety Analysis, Experiment & Research Institute, National Agriculture Products Quality Management Service) ;
- Lee, Ho-Jin (Division of Safety Analysis, Experiment & Research Institute, National Agriculture Products Quality Management Service) ;
- Shin, Hee-Chang (Division of Safety Analysis, Experiment & Research Institute, National Agriculture Products Quality Management Service)
- 안재민 (국립농산물품질관리원 시험연구소 안전성분석과) ;
- 홍경숙 (국립농산물품질관리원 시험연구소 안전성분석과) ;
- 김성연 (국립농산물품질관리원 시험연구소 안전성분석과) ;
- 김대중 (국립농산물품질관리원 시험연구소 안전성분석과) ;
- 이호진 (국립농산물품질관리원 시험연구소 안전성분석과) ;
- 신희창 (국립농산물품질관리원 시험연구소 안전성분석과)
- Received : 2017.06.16
- Accepted : 2017.06.23
- Published : 2017.06.30
BACKGROUND: Miscellaneous cereal have been largely consumed in Korea as due to their physiological functions beneficial to human health. The cereals are currently a social concern because they have been found to contain heavy metals. Thus, monitoring heavy metals in the cereals is an important requirement for food safety analysis. In this study, we determined arsenic concentration in the cereals randomly harvested from different markets. METHODS AND RESULTS: Inorganic arsenic was determined by ICP-MS coupled with HPLC system. The HPLC-ICP-MS analysis was optimized based on the limit of detection and recover test to reach
Grant : Research & Technology Development
Supported by : National Agricultural Products Quality Management Service, Republic of Korea
- AOAC. (2002). AOAC Guidelines for single laboratory validation of chemical methods for dietary supplements and botanicals, AOAC, 1-38.
- Horwitz, W. (2002). AOAC guidelines for single laboratory validation of chemical methods for dietary supplements and botanicals. AOAC International, Gaithersburg, MD, USA, 1219.
- Chen, H. L., Lee, C. C., Huang, W. J., Huang, H. T., Wu, Y. C., Hsu, Y. C., & Kao, Y. T. (2016). Arsenic speciation in rice and risk assessment of inorganic arsenic in Taiwan population. Environmental Science and Pollution Research International, 23(5), 4481-4488. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11356-015-5623-z
- Choi, H., Park, S. K., Kim, D. S., & Kim, M. H. (2010). Risk assessment of arsenic in agricultural products. Korean Journal of Environmental Agriculture, 29(3), 266-272. https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2010.29.3.266
- Choi, J. Y., Khan, N., Nho, E. Y., Choi, H., Park, K. S., Cho, M. J., Youn, H. J., & Kim, K. S. (2016). Speciation of arsenic in rice by high-performance liquid chromatography-inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Analytical Letters, 49(12), 1926-1937. https://doi.org/10.1080/00032719.2015.1125912
- Devesa, V.,Martinez, A., Suner,M. A., Benito, V., Velez, D., & Montoro, R. (2001). Kinetic study of transformations of arsenic species during heat treatment .Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, 49(5), 2267-2271. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf001328e
- Huang, J. H., Ilgen, G., & Fecher, P. (2010). Quantitative chemical extraction for arsenic speciation in rice grains. Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry, 25(6), 800-802. https://doi.org/10.1039/c002306j
- International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), (2004). Some drinking-water disinfectants and contaminants, including arsenic,(Vol. 84), International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France.
- Kim, S. T., Lim, Y. R., Park, K. S., & Chung, J. H. (2000). Simultaneuous determination of As (III) and As (V) in disused mine tailing samples by hydride generationinductively coupled plasma-atomic emission spectrometry. Analytical Science and Technology, 13(2), 189-193.
- Kim, J. Y., Kim, W. I., Kunhikrishnan, A., Kang, D. W., Kim, D, H., Lee, Y. J., Kim, Y. J., Kim, C. T. (2013). Determination of arsenic species in rice grains using HPLC-ICP-MS. Food Science and Biotechnology, 22(6), 1509-1513. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10068-013-0245-z
- Munoz, O., Diaz, O. P., Leyton, I., Nunez, N., Devesa, V., Suner, M. A., Velez, D., & Montoro, R. (2002). Vegetables collected in the cultivated Andean area of northern Chile: total and inorganic arsenic contents in raw vegetables. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 50(3), 642-647. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf011027k
- Patrick, J. G., William, R. M., &John, C. (2015). FDA elemental analysis manual: section 4.7 Inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometric determination of arsenic, cadmium, chromium, lead, mercury, and other elements in food using microwave assisted digestion. US Food and Drug Administration, Washington DC, USA, Available from: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/Food/FoodScienceResearch/LaboratoryMethods/UCM377005.pdf, 14.
- Raber, G., Stock, N., Hanel, P., Murko, M., Navratilova, J., & Francesconi, K. A. (2012). An improved HPLC-ICPMS method for determining inorganic arsenic in food: application to rice, wheat and tuna fish. Food chemistry, 134(1), 524-532. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2012.02.113
- Ronkart, S. N., Laurent, V., Carbonnelle, P., Mabon, N., Copin, A., & Barthelemy, J. P. (2007). Speciation of five arsenic species (arsenite, arsenate, MMAA V, DMAA V and AsBet) in different kind of water by HPLC-ICP-MS. Chemosphere, 66(4), 738-745. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2006.07.056
- Rintala, E. M., Ekholm, P., Koivisto, P., Peltonen, K., & Venalainen, E. R. (2014). The intake of inorganic arsenic from long grain rice and rice-based baby food in Finland-Low safety margin warrants follow up. Food chemistry, 150, 199-205. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2013.10.155
- Wang, Y., Lu, C., Xiao, Z., Wang, G., Kuan, S. S., & Rigsby, E. J. (1991). Determination of aluminum in foods by stabilized temperature platform graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 39(4), 724-726. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00004a020
- Risk Analysis of Arsenic in Rice Using by HPLC-ICP-MS vol.37, pp.4, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5338/KJEA.2018.37.4.35