- Volume 8 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Non-sintering Preparation of Copper (II) Oxide Powder for Electroplating via 2-step Chemical Reaction
- Lee, Seung Bum (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Jung, Rae Yoon (Department of Chemical Engineering, Dankook University) ;
- Kim, Sunhoe (Department of New Energy & Resource Engineering, Sangji University)
- Received : 2017.02.01
- Accepted : 2017.04.03
- Published : 2017.06.30
In this study, copper (II) oxide was prepared for use in a copper electroplating solution. Copper chloride powder and copper (II) oxide are widely used as raw materials for electroplating. Copper (II) oxide was synthesized in this study using a two-step chemical reaction. Herein, we developed a method for the preparation of copper (II) oxide without the use of sintering. In the first step, copper carbonate was prepared without sintering, and then copper (II) oxide was synthesized without sintering using sodium hydroxide. The optimum amount of sodium hydroxide used for this process was 120 g and the optimum reaction temperature was
Supported by : Dankook University
- W.P. Dowa, M.Y. Yen, S.Z. Liu, Y.D. Chiu, C.H. Huang, Electrochimica. Acta., 2008, 53, 8228-8237. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2008.06.042
- Y.Z. Wang, Z. Wang, X. Wang, Chin. J. Chem., 2011, 29, 422-426. https://doi.org/10.1002/cjoc.201190098
- J.W. Jeong, Y.B. Song, S.P. Hong, T.H. Lee, Y.B. Kim, K.H. Lee, S.M. Gil, KPCA Handbook", Korea Printed Circuit Association, 2004.
- Y.K. Kim, D.H. Riu, S.R. Kim, B.I. Kim, Material Letters, 2002, 54, 229-237. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-577X(01)00568-7
- Goldschmidt, T., US Patent 4,659, 555, 1987.
- Matsuki, S., Akiyama, K., US. Patent 0053518, 2002.
- W.J. Pieters, J. Nedermeyer, J. Cryst. Growth, 1972, 15, 299-300. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-0248(72)90027-9
- J.K. Yu, Z.S. Ahn, J.G. Sohn, The 6th International Symposium on East Asian Resources Recycling Technology, 2001, 23-25.
- J.H. Setchfield, "Electronic Scrap Treatment at Engelhard", Precious Metals 1987, Allentown, 1987.
- L. Hedlund, L. Johansson, "Recent Developments in the Boliden Lead Kaldo Plant", Recycle and Secondary Recovery of Metals, Warrendale, 1985.
- D.Y. Shin, S.D. Lee, H.B. Jeong, B.D. You, J.Wh. Han, J.K. Jung, J. of Korean Soc. of Resource Recycling, 2008, 17, 46-54.
- Y.K. Kim, D.H. Riu, S.R. Kim, Y.S. Uh, J. of Korean Soc. of Resources Recycling, 2001, 10, 15-21.
- H.W. Richardson. "Handbook of Copper Compounds and Applications", Marcel- Dekker, NewYork, 1997.