- Volume 8 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Relationship of Acculturative Stress, Self-esteem and Oral Management Ability of Vietnam Marriage Migrant Women
베트남 결혼이주여성의 문화적응스트레스, 자아존중감 및 구강관리능력의 관련성
- Published : 2017.06.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the factors influencing on the oral management ability of Vietnam marriage migrant women. The subjects of the study were extracted at randomly selected with the cooperation of the Vietnamese people 's association in D metropolitan city and the public health center in C city. The data were gathered using structured questionnaires translated into Vietnamese and oral examination, collected 85. The data was collected from June, 2016 to February, 2017. Vietnam marriage migrant women's oral management ability were found to have statistically significant difference according to staying in korea, tooth brushing frequency and experiences of oral health education. Also, as a result of path analysis, self-esteem was affected on oral management ability.
Oral health behavior;Patient hygiene performance index;Acculturative stress;Vietnam marriage migrant women;Self-esteem
- H. S. Chung, Y. S. Kim, T. M. Yi, K. H. Ma, Y. J. Choi, G. P. Park, C. Y. Tong, J. M. Hwang, E. N. Lee, "An analysis on the national survey of multicultural families 2015", Ministry of Gender Equality and Family, Seoul, pp. 3-52, 2016.
- M. H. Kwon, "A study on acculturation stress of internationally married female migrants'; Focused on eco-system approach", Int Rev Public Adm, Vol. 10, pp. 2174-2197, 2010.
- J. W. Berry, "Immigration, acculturation and adaptation", Applied Psychology, Vol. 46, pp. 5-68, 1997.
- H. S. Kim, H. J. Kim, S. S. Choi, "Acculturative stress and marital adjustment among marriage migration females: Focusing on the mediating and moderating effects of ego-resilience", J Korean Fam Res Manag Assoc, Vol. 14, pp. 153-176, 2010.
- K. H. Kim, H. S. Kim, K. S. Park, "The effects of family function, self-esteem, and loneliness on subjective health status in middle-aged women", J Korean Acad Adult Nurs Vol. 17, pp. 200-207, 2005.
- K. H. Trzesniewski, M. B. Donnellan, R. W. Robins, "Stability of self-esteem across the life span", J Pers Soc Psychol, Vol. 84, pp. 205-220, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.206
- D. S. Lee, J. H. Kim, "Effects of job stress on psychiatric symptoms focused on gender difference of mediation effect of self-esteem", J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc, Vol. 40, pp. 217-229, 2001.
- T. H. Chun, J. P. Hong, "Stress and oral disease", Korean Soc Stress Med Vol. 3, pp. 5-72, 1995.
- H. M. Koo, Q. S. Auh, Y. H. Chun, J. P. Hong, "Change of the amylase secretion on the rat submandibular gland in the restraint stress condition", Korean J Oral med Vol. 32, pp. 57-67, 2007.
- J. S. Yoo, J. Kim, K. E. Kim, "The Effects of some soldiers' stress on their oral health are practice and attitudes", J Dent Hyg Sci, Vol. 9, pp. 369-374, 2009.
- E. S. Jeon, H. J. Jin, S. L. Choi, B. J. Jang, S. Y. Jeong, K. B. Song, Y. H. Choi, "Oral health status in women of korean multicultural families", J Korean Acad Oral Health, Vol. 33, pp. 499-509, 2009.
- W. S. Cho, J. H. Chun, M. S. Choi, J. H. Lee, H. M. Lee, J. H. Yi, H. S. Sohn, Y. H. Jo, "Oral healthcare related characteristics of international marriage migrant women in Gyungsangnam-Do", J Korean Acad Oral Health, Vol. 35, pp. 432-440, 2011.
- M. J. Cho, J. M. Kang, K. B. Song, "Effect of oral care program for multi-cultural women", J Digit Converg, Vol. 14, pp. 319-326, 2016.
- D. H. Seo, H. S. Yoon, "Socioeconomic adaptation and welfare policy for immigrant women on marriage", Korean J Soc Welfare, Vol. 10, pp. 247-265, 2005.
- H. O. Lee, C. H. Yang, J. Kim, Y. I. Kim, "Domestic disabled people's use of dental service institutes and their oral health related quality of life", J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, Vol. 9, pp. 593-600, 2009.
- J. R. Lim, M. S. Jung, "Factors affecting health status and health behaviors of immigrant women in urban and rural areas", J Korea Acad Industr Coop Soc, Vol. 15, pp. 2244-2255, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.4.2244
- D. S. Sandhu, B. R. Asrabadi, "Development of an acculturative stress scale for international students: Preliminary findings", Psychol Rep, Vol. 75, pp. 435-448, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.19220.127.116.115
- M. Rosenberg, "Society and the adolescent self-image", Princeton University press, Princeton New Jersey, pp. 148-158, 1965.
- T. R. Lee, H. S. Moon, D. I, Baek, J. B. Kim, Dental Statistics, Komoonsa, Seoul, 2011.
- H. J. Kim, J. Y. Nam, "Related factors of oral health-related quality of life of migrant women in multicultural families", J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, Vol. 16, pp. 93-101, 2016.
- J. H. Lee, S. J. Jin, H. J. Ju, Y. S. Cho, "The impact of marriage migrant women's korean language ability, self-esteem, and acculturative stress on their family health: Focused on mediating effects of marital adjustment", J korean Acad Community Health Nurs, Vol. 24, pp. 87-98, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.1.87
- K. H. Kim, J. H. Choi, "A study on stress, coping style and family strength of international marriage immigrant women", Secondary Education Research, Vol. 23, pp. 23-49, 2011.
- S. G. Park, B. H. Lee, "Study of psychological characteristics of the indigent population", Korean J Couns Psychother, Vol. 16, pp. 813-824, 2004.
- M. I. Han, K. S. Kim, J. Park, S. Y. Ryu, M. G.Kang, "Psychosocial stress levels and related factors in some rural residents", J Agri Med & community Health, Vol. 33, pp. 46-58, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5393/JAMCH.2008.33.1.046
- H. S. Park, M. Y. Hyun, "The effect of self-esteem, stress and social support on fishermen's quality of life", J Korean Acad Psychiatr Ment Health Nurs, Vol. 25, pp. 273-282, 2016. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2016.25.4.273
- S. U. Yoon, W. H. Yang, "PHP index according to toothbrushing behavior and smoking status of some local residents", J Korean Soc Dent Hyg, Vol. 13, pp. 261-269, 2013. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.2.261
- H. S. Woo, D. K. Kim, "The effect of TBI on PHP index of workers need scaling", J Korean Acad Oral Health, Vol. 34, pp. 65-71, 2010.
- S. H. Lim, J. M. Hwang, "Relationship of oral health management behavior to plaque index system", J Dent Hyg Sci, Vol. 15, pp. 159-165, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.2.159
- B. W. Kang, K. S. Kim, H. K. Kang, et al. Preventive Dentistry. 4th ed. Koonja, Seoul, 2012.
- K. S. Cho, S. Y. Lee, J. H. Jang, "A comparative study on characteristics related to oral health of multicultural family via korean women", Korean Comp Gov Rev, Vol. 16, pp. 323-340, 2012. https://doi.org/10.18397/kcgr.2012.16.1.323
- J. H. Kim, M. H. Hong, M. A. Jeong, "Subjective Oral Health Awareness Level and Quality of Life Study", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 57-67, 2010.
- S. U. Yoon, S. J. Jang, "Convergent Relationship between Oral Health Konwledge and Oral Health Behavior of Health-related and Health-unrelated Majors University Students in Some Areas", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 97-104, 2016.
- G. U. Kim, J. H. Kim, "A Study on the Knowledge and Awareness of Care Workers on the Geriatric Oral Health", J. of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 9-15, 2015.
Supported by : 대전보건대학교