- Volume 8 Issue 6
Researchers are now faced with a limited flight time of the hoverable UAV due to the sluggish technological advances of the Li-Po energy density and try to find a bypassing solution for the fully autonomous hoverable UAV mission planning. Although there are several candidate solutions, automated wireless charging is the most likely and realistic candidate and we are focusing on the autolanding strategy of the hoverable UAV in this paper since it is the main technology of it. We developed a hoverable UAV flight simulator including Li-Po battery pack simulator using MATLAB/Simulink and UAV flight and battery states are analyzed. The maximum motor power measured as 1,647 W occurs during the takeoff and cell voltage decreases down to 3.39 V during the procedure. It proves that the two Li-Po battery packs having 22 Ah and connected in series forming 12S1P are appropriate for the autolanding mission planning.
Autolanding;Battery State Estimation;Hoverable UAV;Image Processing;SOC
- J. Lee, J. Lee, and K. Lee, "A Scheme of Security Drone Convergence Service using Cam-Shift Algorithm," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 29-34, 2016.
- K. Kanistras, G. Martins, M. J. Rutherford, and K. P. Valavanis, "A Survey of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) for Traffic Monitoring," 2013 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems, pp. 221-234, 2013.
- B. McNeil and C. Snow, "The Truth about Drones in Mapping and Surveying," Skylogic Research, LLC, pp. 1-6, 2016.
- A. Restas, "Drone Applications for Supporting Disaster Management," World Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 3, pp. 316-321, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4236/wjet.2015.33C047
- S. Kim and K. Lee, "User Authentication Risk and Countermeasure in Intelligent Vehicles," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 7-11, 2012.
- J. Hong, "Threat Issues of Intelligent Transport System in the V2X Convergence Service Environment," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 33-38, 2015.
- K. Lee and K. Lee, "Authentication Scheme using Biometrics in Intelligent Vehicle Network," Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 4, No. 3, pp. 15-20, 2013.
- D. P. Shepard, T. E. Humphreys, and A. A. Fansler, "Evaluation of the Vulnerability of Phasor Measurement Units to GPS Spoofing Attacks," International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection, Vol. 5, Issues. 3-4, pp. 146-153, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcip.2012.09.003
- S. Jung, T. Lee, T. Mina, and K. B. Ariyur, "Inductive or Magnetic Recharging for Small UAVs," SAE Aerospace Electronics and Avionics Systems Conference, pp. 1-10, 2012.
- M. Valenti, D. Dale, J. P. How, and D. P. D. Farias, "Mission Health Management for 24/7 Persistent Surveillance Operations," Proceedings of the AIAA Guidance, Navigation, and Control Conference, pp. 1-18, 2007.
- K. A. O. Suzuki, P. K. Filho, and J. R. Morrison, "Automatic Battery Replacement System for UAVs: Analysis and Design," Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol. 65, Issue. 1, pp. 563-586, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10846-011-9616-y
- K. A. Swieringa, C. B. Hanson, J. R. Richardson, J. D. White, Z. Hasan, E. Qian, and A. Girard, "Autonomous Battery Swapping System for Small-Scale Helicopters," IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1-6, 2010.
- F. P. Kemper, K. A. O. Suzuki, and J. R. Morrison, "UAV Consumable Replenishment: Design Concepts for Automated Service Stations," Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol. 61, Issue. 1, pp. 369-397, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10846-010-9502-z
- G. Xu, Y. Zhang, S. Ji, Y. Cheng, and Y. Tian, "Research on Computer Vision-Based for UAV Autonomous Landing on a Ship," Pattern Recognition Letters, Vol. 30, pp. 600-605, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2008.12.011
- K. E. Wenzel, A. Masselli, and A. Zell, "Automatic Take Off, Tracking and Landing of a Miniature UAV on a oving Carrier Vehicle," Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, Vol. 61, pp. 221-238, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10846-010-9473-0
- B. Herisse, T. Hamel, R. Mahony, and F. X. Russotto, "Landing a VTOL Unmanned Aerial Vehicle on a Moving Platform Using Optical Flow," IEEE Transactions on Robotics, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp. 77-89, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TRO.2011.2163435
- P. Corke, Robotics, Vision and Control: Fundamental Algorithms in MATLAB, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2011.