- Volume 8 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Digital Signage and Smart Media Convergence on Memory and Attitude According to the Level of Engagement and Interactivity
디지털 사이니지와 스마트 미디어 융합이 인게이지먼트와 상호작용성 수준에 따라 기억과 태도에 미치는 영향
- Han, Kwang-Seok (Dept of Advertising & Public Relations, Namseoul University)
- 한광석 (남서울대학교 광고홍보학과)
- Received : 2017.03.08
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
This study examined how the memory effect and the brand attitude effect differ according to the interaction (high / low) and the involvement (high / low) of digital signage. The two-way MANOVA analysis using SPSS 18 was used for the empirical analysis. The results of this study are as follows: First, GRM is recalled if the level of interactivity and inffence of digital signage is low, but if both conditions are high, ARM recalls. Second, if the interaction of digital signage is low and the level of engagement is high, a lot of memory information is formed that forms the overall attitude of the product. In addition, even though the interaction level is high and the engagement is low, the attitude cognitive response through the overall evaluation is formed rather than the attribute information. Third, brand attitude was positive when interactivity level was high and engagement level was high.
Supported by : 남서울대학교
- S. McMillan, J. Hwang, "Measures of Perceived Interactivity: An Exploration of the Role of Direction of Communication, User Control, and Time in Shaping Perceptions of Interactivity," Journal of Advertising, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 29-42, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/00913367.2002.10673674
- T. Ahn, M. Hong, P. Pedersen, "Effects of Perceived Interactivity and Web Organization on User Attitudes", European Sport Management Quarterly, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 111-128, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1080/16184742.2014.880496
- C. Y. Yoo, J. W. Min, H. H. Hwang, "The Sate and Trend of Digital Signage Research in Korea', Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 16, No. 10, pp. 745-757, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.10.745
- A. Wang, "Advertising Engagement: A Driver of Message Involvement on Message Effects", Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 46, No. 4, pp. 355-368, 2006. https://doi.org/10.2501/S0021849906060429
- E. Ephron, "Media Planning: From Recency to Engagement", India: The ICFAI University Press, 2006.
- K. Y. Lee, S. H. Han, "Effects of Sns Users' Perception of Authenticity on Acceptance and Dissemination of Onine e-WOM: With Emphasis on Media Engagement as Intermediating Variables", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 25, No. 8, pp. 213-240, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2014.11.30.213
- B. J. Calder, E. C. Malthouse, "An Experimental Study of the Relationship between Online Engagement and Advertising Effectiveness", Journal of Interactive Marketing, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 321-331, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intmar.2009.07.002
- S. J. MacMillan, J. S. Hwang, "Measures of Perceived Interactivity: An Exploration of the Role of Direction of Communication, User Control, and Time in Shaping Perceptions of Interactivity", Journal of Advertising, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 29-42, 2003.
- J. Jee, J. S. Hwang, "Measures of Perceived Interactivity: An Exploration of the Role of Direction of Communication, User Control, and Time in Shaping Perceptions of Interactivity", Journal of Interactive Marketing, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 29-42 2002.
- S. H. Lee, D. W. Lee, "On Issue and Outlook of wearable Computer based on Technology in Convergence", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society , Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 73-78, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.073
- K. S. Han, H. K. Chin, M. H. Lee, "Influence of Engagement and Interactivity Level on Accessibility and Diagnosticity in Smart Signage," International Journal of Digital Content Technology and its Applications, Vol. 7, No. 11, pp. 319-325, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4156/jdcta.vol7.issue11.40
- L. S. Kim, "Convergence of Information Technoogy and Corporate Strategy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 17-26, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.017
- R. Hastie, B. Park, "The Relationship between Memory and Judgment Depends on Whether the Judgment Task is Memory-Based or On-Line", Psychological Review, Vol. 93, No. 3, pp. 258-268, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.93.3.258
- K. S. Han, T. J. Lee, "The Impact of Regulatory Focus and Message Frame on Consumers' Responses to Promotional Campaigns on Social Networking Sites (SNSs)", International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, Vol. 9, No. 22, pp. 14835-14845, 2014.
- S. H. Lee, D. W. Lee, "Actual Cases for Smart Fusion Industry based on Internet of Thing", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society , Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 1-6, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.001
- E. Malthouse, B. Calder, A. C. Tamhene, "The Effects of Media Contet Experience on Advertising Effectiveness", Journal of Advertising, Vol. 34, No. 6, pp. 718, 2007.