- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of the Convergence Efficacy of Cosmetic Products Containing Pleurotus eringii Extracts
Pleurotus eringii 추출물을 함유한 화장품의 복합효능 평가
- Kwon, Hye-Jin (Dep. of Chemical Engineering, Soongsil University)
- 권혜진 (숭실대학교 화학공학과)
- Received : 2017.05.01
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
This study conducted an experiment to develop new raw ingredients for natural cosmetics by evaluating the efficacy of cosmetic products containing the extracts of Pleurotus eringii mushrooms grown without agricultural chemicals. To this end, purchased were Pleurotus eringii mushrooms grown without agricultural chemicals in South Gyeongsang province, South Korea in 2016; extraction was conductedwith 80% EeOH at room temperature after dry ing them. The study identified the excellent efficacy of the extracts after evaluating the antioxidant activity using the DPPH assay and ROS assay. According to the evaluation of he categories of moisture, oil, pH and pigment after the application of a cream-type facial mask pack containing 5% of the extracts, there were significant differences in the categories of moisture and oil on the T-zone area, and no statistically significant differences in the categories of oil change on the U-zone, pH and pigment. However as the extracts of Pleurotus eringii mushrooms had excellent efficacy in all categories compared to the control group, the efficacy of the extracts as a cosmetic raw ingredient could be identified. It is expected that this study may further contribute to developing more advanced raw ingredients, given the extract and cultivation conditions by concentration.
Pleurotus eringii;experiment;cream mask pack;DPPH assay;ROS assay
- Sun-Ryeong Kim, "The relationships between the extent of women's skincare by clothing behavior as well as self-effect", Master of Catholic Univ. 2004.
- Jong-mun Kim, "A bibliographic study on the origin-habitats in 15 kinds of Rosaceae", Master of Woosuk Univ. 2006.
- Hyun Jung Kim, "A study on the detection of functionality, clasification and identification of the extracts from Pleurotus eryngii Ph..D. dissertation" pp. 25-27, Sungshin women's Univ. 2005.
- S. U. Jeon, W. J. Hwang, Y. H. Hong, M. J. Kim, E. S. Ahn, S. Y. Park, "Inhibitory Effects of Hericium erinaceus Extracts on Melanin Synthesis and Oxidative Stress Applied Asian Journal of Beauty and Cosmetology", Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 427-435, 2016. https://doi.org/10.20402/ajbc.2016.0075
- H. J. Jeon, H. J. Kwon, "Anti-inflammation Effect of Gynura Procumbens extract Applied Journal of Digital Convergence", Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 515-520, 2016.
- H. J. Jeon, H. J. Kwon, " Antioxidant Effects and Functional Evaluation of Gynura procumbens Extract as a Collaboration Material for Cosmetics and Functional Food Applied Asian Journal of Beauty and Cosmetology", Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 499-507, 2014.
- Kyung-soo Suh, "A Study on the Effect of Naturaland General Cucumber Face Packs on Facial Skin Sebum and Moisture" Master of Hansun Univ. 2012.
- W. B. Yun, Y. C. Lee, D. S. Kim, J. E. Kim, J. E. Sung, H. A. Lee, H. J. Son1, D. Y. Hwang, Y. J. Jung, "The Preparation of Mask-pack Sheet Blended with Styela clava tunics and Natural Polymer Applied Journal of Textile Coloration and Finishing", Vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 45-54 , 2017. https://doi.org/10.5764/TCF.2017.29.1.45
- S. H. Park, K. O. Cha, "Oriental and Western Food Effects Analysis of Misutgaru for Fusion Remedy in Diabetes Mellitus", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 1, pp. 137-143, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.137
- J. I. Han, H. H. Sung, C. E. Park, "Study on Convergence Technique Using the Antimicrobial Resistance and Virulence Genes Analysis in Escherichia coli", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 77-84, 2015.
- Dahye Park, Eunhee Jang, "Convergence Factors Related to Glycemic Control in Workers with Diabetes Mellitus : using the Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2009-2013", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 95-103, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.095
- Patel. T. N. M. H. Shishehbor, D. L. Bhatt, "A review of high-dose statin therapy: targeting cholesterol and inflammation in atherosclerosis", Eur Heart Journal, Vol. 28 No. 6, pp. 664-736, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1093/eurheartj/ehl445
- Su-Jeong Oh, "Physiological Activating Material Searching and Skin Whitening Improvement Effect of the Extracts from Phragmitis Rhizoma", Doctorate thesis, Graduate School Kwangju women's University. 2011.
- Eun-Kyung Kim,. "Phytochemical study of Gynura procumbens", Master of Kyoung Hee Univ. 2011.
- Hee-Souk Kwon, "Inhibition of melanogenesis and inflammation by ethanol extract of Cordyceps militaris", Ph.D. dissertation, Chungang University. 2005.