- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Factors Influencing Male University Students' Dating Sexual Assault Recognition
남자 대학생의 데이트 성폭력 인식에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구
- Kim, Bo-Mi (Dept. of Nursing, Kyungbuk College)
- 김보미 (경북전문대학 간호학과)
- Received : 2017.04.27
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
The purpose of this study is to identify the factors influencing male university students' Dating Sexual Assault Recognition. Data were collected from 200 male university students in A city from February 1 to 14, 2017. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients, and stepwise multiple regression. It was found that significant correlations with Dating Sexual Assault Recognition are Self-Esteem, Family Violence, Sexual Assertiveness, Permissive Levels of Dating Violence. Meaningful variables that influenced Dating Sexual Assault Recognition are Self-Esteem, Family Violence, Sexual Assertiveness, Permissive Levels of Dating Violence, and Sex. The total explanation power indicating Dating Sexual Assault Recognition was 54%. The results of this study based on the factors influencing male university students' Dating Sexual Assault Recognition will be fundamental material for the related study regarding good attitude in recognition of it to decrease Dating Violence.
- G. J. Nam, "Dating Violence", http://www.police.go.kr. (March 4. 2016)
- Y. H. Oh, "The relationship between Perceived Motives for Dating Violence Perpetration and Dating Violence of College: A focus on Gender Differences", master's thesis, Chengbuk University. 2016.
- Anderson, K. M., & Danis, F. S. "Collegiate sororities and dating violence: An exploratory study of informal and formal helping strategies", Violence Against Women, Vol. 13, pp. 87-100. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1177/1077801206294808
- H. S. Kang, E. S. Lee, "Predictive Factors for Perpetrations of Dating Violence in University Students", Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, Vol 23. No. 4, pp.288-298, 2014. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2014.23.4.288
- R, M, Bossarte, T, R., & Simon, M, H, Swahn, "Clustering of adolescent dating violence, peer violence, and suicidal behavior", Journal of Interpersonal Violence. Vol. 23, No. 6, pp.815-833. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1177/0886260507313950
- J. H. Wee. "A Study on Relationship between Psychosocial Maturity Variables and Sexual Attitude, the awareness on sexual harassment and assaults" master's thesis, SuWon University, 2014.
- K. A. Chung, J. H. Cho, "Differences between Major Satisfaction, University Life Adjustment, Self-Esteem and Career Identity according to the Time of Department Selection of Students in the Department of Occupational Therapy at One University", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp.143-155, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.143
- S. Y. Park, K. Y. Park, "Correlation Study of Characteristics of Bio-medical Ethics and Self-esteem For Undergraduate Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp.255-261, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.255
- M. J. Kim, "Study on counter measures of criminal justice process against crime of domestic violence", master's thesis, Changwon University. 2014.
- H. J, "Sexual violence Counseling Statistics", http://www.hotline.or.kr:41759/boardstatistics/25615. (April 1. 2016)
- H. S. Lee, "Astudy on the Moderating Effect of Gender Sensitivity on the Relationship between Family Violence, School Violence and Dating Violence among College Students", doctorate thesis, Silla University, 2016.
- M, S, Jang, "The relationship between experiences of sexual violence at school and mental health, sexual attitudes among male, female adolescents", master's thesis, Hoseo University, 2003.
- N, Y, Kim, "A study on the influence of sexual violence severity and negative life attitude on the mental health", master's thesis, Yonsei University, 2002.
- B. M. Kim, "Development and Validation of Sexual Assertiveness Scale for Male University students", doctorate thesis, Kosin University, 2017.
- H. M. Nam, "A Study on Predicting Date Rape among University Students", master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, 2002.
- K. H. Seo, K. S. Lee, "Anger, psychoticism and addiction in dating violence inflictors and recipients", The Korean Journal of Health Psychology, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp.353-36, 2002.
- E. H. Kim, G. Y. J, "The Ecological Variables Affecting Adolescent's Sexual Behavior" The Journal of Korean Home Economics Association, Vol. 45, No. 7, pp.71-91, 2007.
- Y. H. Kim, G. Y. J, "Effect of Sexual Autonomy, Sexual Assertiveness, Sexual Subjectivity on Sexual Behaviors among University Students". The Korea Society for Fisheries and Marine Sciences Education. Vol. 26 No. 6, pp.1332-1341. 2014. https://doi.org/10.13000/JFMSE.2014.26.6.1332
- H. S. Kang, "Model Construction of Date Sexual Violence Victims Experience Female college Students", doctorate thesis, Chonnam University, 2009.
- W. K. Nam, "A Study on Experiences and Factors of Sexual Violence While Dating among Unmarried Men in Busan", master's thesis, Silla University, 2008.
- B. M. Kim, J. S. Park, "Relathionships among Parent-child Communication, Self-esteem and Sexual Assertiveness for Male and female University Students: Gender Difference", Korean Journal of Woman Health Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp.11-22, 2015. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2015.21.1.11
- Faul F. Erdfelder E, Buchner A, Lang AG., "Statistical power analyses using G*Power 3.1: tests for correlation and regression analyses", Behavior Research Methods, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp.1149-1160, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3758/BRM.41.4.1149
- Rosenberg M. "Conceiving the self", New York: Basic Books; 1979.
- B. J. Jeon, " Self-esteem; a test of its measurability", The Journal of Yonsei ol. 11. pp.109-129, 1974.
- Straus. M, A, "The conflict tactics scale and its critics: An evaluation new data on validity and reliability", Physical Violence in American Families. New Brunswick, pp.49-71. 1985.
- Sugarman. D. B, "Risk marker analysis of husband-to-wife violence: A continuum of aggression" Journal of applied social psychology, Vol. 26 No. 4, 1986.
- Foo L., & Margolin G. "A multi variate investigation of dating violence", Journal of Family Violence, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp.351-377, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02110711
- J. Y. Lee, E. S. Lee, "The Explanatory Models of Dating Violence and Victimization With Dating Partners Among College Students", The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp.419-436. 2005.