- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Self-Efficacy and Ego-resilience on College Adaptation after Military Service
군복무 후 제대한 복학생의 진로결정자기효능감과 자아탄력성이 대학생활적응에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Hyoun-Mi (Woosuk University)
- 김현미 (우석대학교)
- Received : 2017.05.04
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
The purpose of this study is to examine how career decision-making self-efficacy and ego-resilience of college students after military service influence college life adjustment. For this purpose, the questionnaire was administered to 234 male college students who returned to the four-year university in Jeonbuk area. The collected data were analyzed by correlation analysis and hierarchical regression using SPSS 18.0. As a result of examining the correlation between each variables, the subscale adaptation of college life adjustment and university environment adaptation showed a positive correlation with the goal selection of career decision self-efficacy and optimistic attitude of ego-resilience. Future plan of career decision-making self-efficacy, optimistic attitude of ego-resilience and personal-emotional adaptation of college life adaptation showed a positive correlation between self-evaluation of career decision self-efficacy and self-resilience confidence. As a result of hierarchical regression analysis, it was found that ego-resilience had more influence on college life adjustment than career decision self-efficacy. The limitations of this study were discussed along with the significance of this study, which was revealed through data collection only for students who came back after military service.
- D. E. Super, "A life-span, life-space approach to career development." In D. Brown & L. Brooks (Eds.), Career choice and development (2nd ed., pp. 197-261). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass. 1990.
- G. R. Kenneth, P. D. Jacqueline, "Perfectionism and Self-development: lmplication for college adjustment." Journal of counseling & development, Vol. 80, No. 2, pp. 188-196, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1556-6678.2002.tb00182.x
- Military Manpower Administration (2016). http://open.mma.go.kr/caisGGGS/board/boardView.do?gesipan_id=33&gsgeul_no=1485213
- J. H. Lyu, "Mediation Effect of Professor Intimacy and Moderation Effect of Professor Expertise Between Career Barriers and College Adaptation." The Journal of Employment and Career, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 21-37. 2014.
- J. A. Park, M. K. Jin, "The Moderating Effects of Close Social Relationships: Psychological Sepatation and College Adjustment." The Korean Journal of the Human Development, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 101-123. 2015. https://doi.org/10.15284/kjhd.2015.22.1.101
- S. H. Jang, Y. H. Chun, S. S. Ham, "The effects of Peer Relationship and Dysfunctional Family on Life Adjustment in University." Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 14, No 6, pp. 539-548, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.06.539
- H. K. Cho, S. K. Chung, "Relationship among College Life Stress, Alienation and College Adjustment: Focused on Transferred and Non-transferred Nursing Students." Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 17, No. 5, pp. 2779-2793, 2015.
- J. U. Kim, M. S. Choi, "The Relationship of Parental Attachment, Ego-Resilience and Adjustment to college Life." Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 45-68, 2013.
- Y. K. Kwag, "Effect of Self-Esteem, Ego-Resilience, Social Support on Nursing student's Adjustment to College." Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 5, pp. 2178-2186, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.5.2178
- M. J. Kim, "The Mediation Effect of Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy between Attribution style and Adjustment to College." The Journal of Career Education Research, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 139-154, 2011.
- S. Y. Kim, "A Study of Attitudes toward College Llife among Male Undergraduate Students Who Completed the Military Service." Journal of Education & Culture, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 127-156, 2016.
- H. L. Noh, H. K. Kim, S. H. Park, J. Y. Yang, W. J. Lee, J. H. Jeon, N. K. Jo, E. J. Shim, "Mixed method study on University Adaptation Experience of Returning Students after the Military Service Focused on Academic, Interpersonal, and Career related areas." Korean Journal of Counseling, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 621-642, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.16.4.201508.621
- O. H. Kim, J. H. Cha, "The Mediating Effects of Career Matruity on the Relationship between Military Service Experience Recognition and Happiness." Korean Journal of Counseling, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp, 309-324, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.16.2.201504.309
- H. Y. Lee, "The difference of adjustment military life according to the level of ego-resilience and social support of Soldiers". A master's thesis, p. 35-54, Sookmyoung Women's University. 2011.
- E. Y. Jeong, Y. S. Hah, "The Effect of Ego-Resiliency, Social Support, Military Life Satisfaction on Growth Related Military Service in Korean Veterans." Journal of Military Nursing Research, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 53-65, 2014.
- K. M. Chang, "The lnfluence of University Student's Career Decision Level and Academic Self-efficacy on Their Adjustment to University." Korean Journal of Counseling, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 185-196, 2005.
- K. M. Taylor, N. E. Betz, "Applications of self-efficacy theory to the understanding and treatment of career indecision." Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 63-81, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(83)90006-4
- N. E. Betz, K. K. Voyten, "Efficacy and outcome expectation influence career exploration and decidedness." The Career Development Quarterly, Vol. 46, No. 2, pp. 179-189, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2161-0045.1997.tb01004.x
- K. H. Lee, H. J. Lee, "The Effects of Career Self-Efficacy in Predicting the Level of Career Attitude Maturity of College Students." The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, Vol. 12, NO. 1, pp. 127-136, 2000.
- E. C. Klohnen, "Conceptual analysis and measurement of the construct of ego-resiliency." Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 70, No. 5, pp. 1067-1079, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35126.96.36.1997
- H. J. Park, "Perceived stress, coping and depression due to self momentum." A master's thesis, p. 16, Korea University. 1996.
- J. Y. Yoon, "The Relationshop among the Sport Motivation, Ego-Resilience and Stress Coping of Collage Basketball Club Participators." A master's thesis, p. 20, Korea University, 2009.
- R. W. Baker, B. Siryk, "Measuring adjustment to college." Journal of Counseling Psychology, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 179-189, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0188.8.131.52
- J. W. Hyun, "The Effect of Perfectionism and Evaluative Threat on the Performance of Task." A master's thesis, p. 20-29, Yonsei University. 1992.
- H. W. Kim, "The relationship between family system patterns and career decision-making and adjustment to college." A master's thesis, p. 26, Sookmyoung Women's University. 2005.
- J. A. Park, E. K. Lee, "Influence of Ego-resilience and Stress Coping Styles on College Adaptation in Nursing Students." Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 267-276, 2011. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.3.267
- S. I. Shin, "Differences in College Adaptation according to Adult Attachment Styles and Ego-Resilience Levels." Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 22, No. 9, pp. 255-276, 2015.
- H. J. Choi, M. S. Lee, "The Associations of Social Support and Ego-resilience on College Adjustment among Dental Hygiene Freshmen." Korean Public Health Research, Vol. 39, No. 2, pp. 129-138, 2013.
- J. Block, A. M. Kremen, "IQ and ego-resiliency: Conceptual and empirical connections and separateness." Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 70, No. 2, pp. 349-361, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2069
- M. S. Park, "Relationships among Bullying, Ego-Resilience, Perceived Stress, and College Adaptation in Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 2, pp. 73-81, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.2.073
- A. R. Chung, S. H. Yoo, N. A. Ryu, "Influence of Career Barriers and Career Decision-Making Self-Efficacy on College Adjustment of Junior College Students." Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 18, No. 12, pp. 535-558. 2011.
- C. R. Park, Y. J. Jang, I. S. Park, "The Relationship Between Ego-Resilience and Adaptation to College Life According to Types of Motives for Taking Part in Dance Club." Journal of Korean Association of Physical Education and Sport for Girls and Women, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 253-271, 2015.
- M. W. Chi, "Convergence Study on the Moderating Effects of Ego-resilience on the relationship between Jobscape and Psychological Welfare of the Employees in Tourism Industry", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 2, pp. 277-289, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.2.277