- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Perception Factors Affecting Students' Satisfaction with the Cosmetology Education of a Cyber University
사이버대학 미용 교육 만족도에 미치는 인식 요인 분석
- Kim, Min-Kyoung (Dept. of Beauty Education, Graduate School of Education Konkuk University) ;
- Kim, Gwi-Jeong (Dept. of Education Kyongbuk Colleges) ;
- Li, Shun-Hua (Dept. of Beauty Education, Graduate School of Education Konkuk University)
- Received : 2017.04.18
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
This study attempted to derive the sub-factors for the perception of cosmetology education affecting satisfaction of students with the cosmetology education and analyze their effects on career choice through a questionnaire survey against a total of a total of 120 people who had taken the cyber university cosmology lecture previously. For cosmetology education perception factors, four predictive variables (educational environment, operating system, curriculum and lecture management) and one variable regarding educational satisfaction were derived and used as analysis tools. The purpose of education by academic major was the acquisition of license and theory & practice education in hairdressing and skin care, respectively. Students showed more interest in hairdressing lectures as they had little work experience and in skin care lectures when they had extensive work experience (p<0.01). Correlation was found between the four education perception-related sub-regions and satisfaction with education (p<0.01). In particular, curriculum and lecture management had a positive effect on satisfaction with education with statistical significance. As the perception of lectures increased, students were more satisfied with cosmetology education (p<0.001). In addition, academia-industry cooperation, career analysis, cosmetology lectures and school had influence on career choice. This study found several issues such as difficult curriculum and poor communication, and it appears that it is necessary to develop a better communication plan and new educational lectures by career and stage.
Cyber University;Cosmetology Education;Perception;Satisfaction;Career
- Jong-Yeon Lee, "A model for implementing cyber education systems", Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp.301-330, 1998. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.14.3.301
- Hyung-Sub Kim, "A study on development methodology of web-based business simulation game", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp.53-60, 2017.
- Young-sun Lee, "An analysis of motivation, self-efficacy and networking according to the participatory method of students in the academic credit bank system - Focusing on both cyber and face to face study", The Journal of Yeolin Education, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp.279-305, 2014.
- Wook Lee, Gwang-In Byun, "Effect of education service affecting learning motivation and satisfaction in cyber university students", Journal of Cyber society & Culture, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp.1-25, 2012.
- A-Ra Cho, Seak-Zoon Roh, "The analysis of structural relationships among self-directed learning ability, learning flow, learning attitude, academic satisfaction and achievement in cyber university", Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 29, No. 4, pp.849-879, 2013. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.29.4.849
- Jae-Sam Chung, Jee-Hyun Lee, "Path analysis among perceived autonomy support, self-determination motivation and academic performance in a cyber university", Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp.365-387, 2012.
- Yeong Lee, Inn-Woo Park, "Investigation on the Relationships between Learner Characteristics, Learning Strategies, Teaching Presence, and Learning Effects in e-Learning of Cyber University", Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 28, No. 1, pp.137-168, 2012. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.28.1.137
- In-Sung Jung, Cheol-Il Lim, Seong-Hee Choi, Jung-Hoon Leem, "Effects of different types of interaction on learning and satisfaction in Web-based lifelong learning environment", Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp.223-246, 2000. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.16.1.223
- Chang-Ho Hur, Min-Song Kim, "Beauty industryrelated departments at cyber colleges and universities: A curriculum review", Journal of Investigative Cosmetology, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp.267-377, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15810/jic.2016.12.3.010
- Jin-Ok Lee, Hye-Young Lee, Soon-Young Choi. "Research paper : A study of satisfaction in the lecture course at beauty department of cyber university and its curriculum improvement plan", Journal of the Korean Society of Cosmetology, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp.960-968, 2010.
- Yeon-wook Im, Ok-hwa Lee, "A study on relations among the learning participation, learning satisfaction and academic achievement of cyber learners", The Journal of Yeolin Education, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp.177-200, 2008.
- Young-ju Joo, Aran-Kang, Eu-Gene Lim, "A meta-analysis on the learning satisfaction for cyber university students in Korea", Journal of Lifelong Learning Society, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp.146-173, 2016.
- Young-Ran Joung, Eun-Jung Jang, "Analysis on current status of quality management and strategies of quality improvement for cyber university", Journal of Lifelong Learning Society, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp.201-232, 2012. https://doi.org/10.26857/JLLS.2012.12.8.3.201
- Myung-Hee Kang, Na-Yeon Kim, Min-Jeong Kim, Ji-Yoon Kim, Hyun-Jin Lim, "A structural relationship among teaching presence, learning presence and learning outcomes of e-Learning in cyber university", Journal of Korean Association for Educational Information and Media, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp.153-176, 2011.
- Kyu-Dong Kim, Yu-Jung Ko, Ko-Un Choi, Inn-Woo Park, "A study on effective factors on academic achievement in e-Learning environments", The Korea Educational Review, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp.169-188, 2012.
- Hyun-Jin Kim, "The Moderating Effect of self-efficacy on the relationship among environmental constraints, perfectionism, and academic procrastination among cyber university students", Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp.555-573, 2013.
- Eun-Soo Choi, Soon-Young Seo, "Adult learner's satisfaction with lifelong education programs of community centers", The Journal of Lifelong Education and HRD, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp.55-75, 2005.
- Hye-Weon Kwak, Sung-Woo Hwang, "A comparative study on interpersonal relationship, self-efficacy, and department satisfaction of students majoring in nursing : focus on a four-year technical college and university", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp.239-249, 2017.
- Tyler-Smith K, "Early attrition among first time e-Learners: A review of factors that contribute to drop-out, withdrawal and non-completion rates of adult learners undertaking e-Learning programmes", Journal of Online Learning and Teaching, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp.73-85, 2006
- Soon-hyoung Kwon, Shin-dong Nam, Ji-won Hwang, "A study of cyber university's operating based on the relative efficiency", Journal of Lifelong Learning Society, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp.63-88, 2015. https://doi.org/10.26857/JLLS.2015.02.11.1.63
- Jung-Hoon Yang, "Cyber education environment in the information oriented society", Journal of Cyber Communication, Vol. 10, No. 2002-2, pp.149-189, 2002.
- Seong-youn Hong, "Developing competency model of learners in distance universities", Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp.157-186, 2009. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.25.3.157
- Eun-Jung Jang, Wan-young Ryoo, "A case study of the students' course evaluation and the learning achievement in cyber university", Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp.103-126, 2005. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.21.2.103
- Jun-Cheul Park, "Strategies for the growth of cyber university", Korea Business Review, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp.201-240, 2006.
- Young-Ran Joung, "Analysis on factors affecting the retention rate in cyber university", Journal & Article Management System. The Korean Journal of Educational Methodology Studies. Vol. 28, No. 4, pp.791-814, 2016.
- Jong-Cheol Choi, "A study on the improvement of university education programs according to the awareness of adult learners", Journal of Lifelong Education, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp.99-127, 2008.
- Prideaux L, Creed P, "A career maturity, career decision-making self-efficacy and career indecision: A review of the accrued evidence", Australian Journal of Career Development, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp.7-12, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/103841620101000303
- Hyun-Ah Kim, Ja-Young Lee, "Effects of cyber universities' career maturity on academic stress : mediator effects of self-directed learning readiness", Journal Of The Korea Contents Association, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp.486-496, 2014.
- Yeong Seon-Yang, Jeong-Im Choe, "A needs analysis for implementing cyber education at university level : A case of K university", Korean Association for Educational Information and Broadcasting, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp.33-72, 2003.
- Il-Woo Park, "Enhancing the interaction between instructor and students in the e-Learning class: a case study", Korean Journal of General Education, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp.321-353, 2011.
- Young-Back Seo, "The problem solution and direction of cyber education for its Further development", Master's Program Education Majoring Computer Science Graduate School of Education, 2001.
- Yeob-Myeong Son, Byeong-Soo Jung, "Convergence Development of Video and E-learning System for Education Disabled Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 113-119, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.113
- Eun-Hee Seo, "Development of students' evaluation instrument for cyber instruction", Yonsei Review of Educational Research, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp.139-153, 2002
- Seung-Won Lee, "A study to improve full- cyber lectures: With focus on instructors proposal", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp.409-414, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.409
- So-Mi An, "Study on the convergence between spatial design education and on.offline communication methods", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp.317-327, 2015.
- Byung-ro Lim, Jung-hoon Leam, Insung Jung, "Current status of cyber education in korean higher education and quality control: The year of 2002", Korean Journal of Educational Research, Vol. 41, No. 3, pp.541-569, 2003.
- Hee-Jeong Koo, "A study on motivation for choosing teaching profession and educational satisfaction of pre service child care teachers in cyber universities", Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp.393-414, 2015.
- Soo-Jeong Kim, In-Hee Lee. "The effects of a cosmetology education for reemployment women on career preparation behavior", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 7, pp.4432-4440, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4432
- Kyoung-A Lee, "Satisfaction of College Students for 4-Year Beauty Convergence Curriculum and methods of operation", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 2, pp. 227-233, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.2.227