- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Quality of Life and Anger Expression on Suicidal Ideation of Korean Special Mission National Merit (Performer)
대한민국 특수임무유공자(수행자)의 건강관련 삶의 질과 분노표현이 자살생각에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Yun-Young (Department of Nursing, Andong National University) ;
- Kim, Tae-Yeol (Department of Health Medical Administration, Yeung Nam University College)
- Received : 2017.04.10
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
The purpose of this study was to investigate the degrees of life quality, anger expression and suicidal ideation of Korean special mission national merit(Performer), and to identify the effects of life quality and anger expression on suicidal ideation of the subjects. The general characteristics as well as life quality, anger expression and suicidal ideation of 362 Korean veterans were collected from March 2016 to May 2016, and the collected data were analyzed with SPSS 23.0 Statistics Program. The result showed that life quality was inversely correlated with anger expression(r=-.151, p<.001) and suicidal ideation(r=-.539, p<.001), and anger expression was positively correlated with suicidal ideation(r=.601, p<.001). Life quality and anger expression were significant predictors of suicidal ideation with 42.9% explanatory power. In order to prevent the suicide of the Korean special mission national merit(Performer), it is necessary to develop a national adaptation program to improve the life quality and to develop an effective anger control education program considering the characteristics of them.
- Ministry of Pariots & Veterans Affairs, 2011.
- A Korean special mission national merit Compensation Policy Debate, A study on the amendment of special duty attendant law and the direction of treatment improvement, 2013.
- E. Y. Chin, Y. M. Seo, "The study on the relations among anger, suicidal ideation and internet addiction in male high school students", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 430-437, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2012.12.01.430
- I. R. Choi, "Anger expression type and mental health in middle aged women", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 602-612, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2009.39.4.602
- J. S. Lee, H. Lee, Y. Y. Ahn, J. S. Yoo, S. J. Kwon, "The effect of anger management program for university students", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 105-126, 2011.
- E. Durkheim, Suicide, New York: The Free Press, 1897.
- OECD. Health at a glance 2015: OECD indicators. Paris: OECD Publishing, 2015.
- M. K. Kim, "Relationship between negative emotions, family resilience, self-esteem and suicide ideation in university students", Korean Journal of Family Welfare, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 61-83, 2012.
- M. A. Howson, K. M. Yates, S. Hatcher, "Re-presentation and suicide rates in emergency department patients who self harm, Emergency Medicine Australasia, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 322-327. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1742-6723.2008.01104.x
- E. Y. Chin, S. S. So, M. I. Lee, "Effect of life stress and anger expression in college students on suicidal ideation, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 409-418, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.8.409
- Y. J. Jeong, "The Relation among Leisure Constraints, Life Quality and Suicidal Ideation", Korean Journal of Tourism Research, Vol. 31, No. 8, pp. 121-144, 2016. https://doi.org/10.21719/KJTR.31.8.7
- T. Y. Kim, "A study on Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome Disorder of Performed Special Mission". Korean Review of Crisis and Emergency Management. Vol, 9, No. 7, pp 185-202, 2013.
- J. H. Lee, M. S. Chang, T. Y. Kim, "A Survey Study of Psychological Characteristics and Post-traumatic Stress Symptoms in Veterans Who Performed Special Mission". The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Psychology. Vol, 23, No. 1, pp 1-19, 2016.
- C. D. Spielberger, Preliminary Manual for the State-Trait Anger Scale(STAS), Tampa, FL: University of South Florida Human Resorces Institute, 1980.
- K. G. Jeon, D. W. Han, J. H. Lee, C. D. Spielberger, "Korean adaptation of the state-trait anger expression inventory: Anger and blood pressure, Korean Journal of Psychology: Health, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 60-78, 1997.
- A. T. Beck, M. Kovacs, A. Weissman, Assessment of Suicidal Intention: The Scale for Suicide Ideation, Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 343-352, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.47.2.343
- M. S. Shin, K. B. Park, K. J. Oh, Z. S. Kim, "A study of suicidal ideation among high school students : The structural relation among depression, hopelessness, and suicidal ideation", Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 1-19, 1990.
- EuroQol group. "EuroQol: A new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life", The EuroQol Group. Health Policy, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 199-208, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0168-8510(90)90421-9
- M. S. Ock, M. W. Jo, S. I. Lee, "Measuring health related quality of life using EQ-5D in South Korea", Journal of the Health Technology Assessment, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 103-111, 2013.
- H. R. Kim. "Predicting factors for health related quality of life among older adults at senior centers in Korea, Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 95-106, https://doi.org/10.17079/jkgn.2014.16.2.95
- S. O. Yang, H. R. Cho, S. H. Lee, "A comparative study on influencing factors of health related quality of life of the elderly in senior center by region: Focus on urban and rural areas", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 501-510, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2014.12.1.501
- S. W. Hong. "Factors influencing health-related quality of life in Korean medicaid beneficiaries", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp. 480-489, https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2009.39.4.480
- Y. J. Park, K. S. Han, H. C. Kang, S. H. Cheon, J. W. Yoon, H. J. Shin, "Anger, anger expression, and biopsychosocial health in Korean adolescents", Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing", Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 106-116, 2010. https://doi.org/10.12934/jkpmhn.2010.19.1.106
- S. L. Hazaleus, J. L. Deffenbacher, "Relaxation and congnitive treatment of anger", Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Vol. 54, pp. 222-226, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.54.2.222
- K. H. Kim, "Anger-in and high blood pressure", Korean Journal of Psychology: Health, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 181-192, 2000.
- S. Greer, T. Morris, "Psychological attributes of women who develop breast cancer: A controlled study", Journal of Psychosomatic Research, Vol. 2, pp. 147-153, 1975.
- S. S. Baek, E. H. Ha, E. N. Ryoo, M. S. Song, "Effects of life stress and depression in undergraduates on suicidal ideation", Journal of Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 157-163, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4094/jkachn.2012.18.4.157
- G. S. Kim, G. H. Park, "Risk and protective factors for suicide that affect middle school students' suicidal ideation and attempts: Focusing on gender difference", Journal of Rehabilitation Psychology, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 115-130, 2015.
- N. Y. Yang, S. Y. Moon, "The effects of suicidal thought on health status social support, and life satisfaction in elderly", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 11, pp. 515-524, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.11.515
- A. T. Beck, M. Kovacs, A. Weissman, "Assessment of suicidal ideation: The scale for suicide ideation", Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 343-352, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-006X.47.2.343
- J. H. Seomun, H. A. Lee, "A study on influence of subjective health recognition and social support on the elderly suicide ideation: Using parameter effect of depression", International Journal of Gerontological Social Welfare, Vol. 54, pp. 361-385, 2011.
- J. H. Bae, "The buffering effect of psycho-social resources on suicidal ideation of the elderly", Journal of Social Research, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 39-67, 2011.
- I. Y. Jeong, C. W. Kim, "The influence of the social support and the stress on the suicide ideation of the middle-aged in seoul: Focusing on the mediating effects of the depression", Seoul Studies, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 149-168, 2015.
- I. Y. Jeong, "Effect of social participation influencing elderly's suicidal ideation", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 164-177, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.09.164
- C. S. Oh, "The effects of the elderly's subjective health perceptions and quality of life on their depression and suicide ideation", The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol, 6, No. 2, pp. 179-191, 2012. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2012.6.2.179