- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study of Acceptance Factor of 'JJALBANG' Broadcast Images - Focused on Audiences in Their 20s -
'짤방' 방송영상 수용요인에 관한 연구 - 20대 수용자를 중심으로 -
- Lee, Kyu-Hwan (The graduate school of Advanced Imaging Sciences, Multimedia and Film Chung-Ang University)
- 이규환 (중앙대학교 첨단영상대학원)
- Received : 2017.04.27
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
This study investigated the impacts of the experience attributes of JJALBANG broadcast images on satisfaction with 221 viewers in their 20s and analyzed the mediation effect of flow. The results are: First, their experience attributes affected flow, not directly affecting satisfaction while flow directly affected satisfaction. Second, securing flow was an important predictor for connecting experience attributes to satisfaction through the effect resolution. Flow alone can predict satisfaction, so its impact on experience is very important. Visual attribute had the greatest influence on flow and satisfaction, followed by situation, information, and interaction, which affected satisfaction through flow. This study found the importance of full mediation effect of flow and got implications for effectively providing experience and flow in strategies for viewing JJALBANG.
JJALBANG;Broadcast image;Audiences;Users' experience;Flow;Satisfaction
- J. I. Kim & I. S. Kim, "A Study on how Smartphone Users Experiences Affect Consumer Loyalty Affect", Academic Society of Global Business Administration, Vol.11, No.1, pp.179-203, 2014.
- H. K. Oh, "A Study on the user experience, element of cognitive functioning in the media space", Journal of the Korean Institute of Spatial Design, Vol.4, No.3, pp.35-42, 2009.
- Tullis, T. & Albert, B., "Measuring the user experience, S. Y. Kim(Translator)", Seoul: Ji&Son Inc., 2009.
- H. J. Kang, "Competitiveness of mobile era, smart UX, LG Business Insight, Seoul: LG Economic Research Institute, 2011
- D. R. Kim, "Study of the interface design based on SNS platform application: focused on entertainment applications", Master's thesis, Hanyang University, 2011.
- Y. Y. Kim, "an empirical study on user evaluation in information aystems post-adoption usage context", Ph.D. dissertation, Seoul University, 2007.
- B. G. Oh, "A Study on user experience - centered information design paradigm", Ph.D. dissertation, Seoul University, 2007.
- Webster, J., Trevino, L. K., & Ryan, L., "The Dimensionality and Correlates of Flow in Human Computer Interaction", Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.9, No.4, pp.411-426, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0747-5632(93)90032-N
- Ellis, G. D., Voekl, J. E., & Morris, C., "Measurement and Analysis Isses with Explanation of Variance in Daily Experience Using th Flow Model", Journal of Leisure Research, Vol.26, No.4, pp.337-356, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1080/00222216.1994.11969966
- Clarke, S. G. & Haworth, J. T., "Flow Experience in the Daily Lives of Sixth-Form Collect Students", British Journal of Psychology, No.85, pp.511-513, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8295.1994.tb02538.x
- Hoffman, D. L. & Novak, T. P., "Marketing in Hypermedia Computer-Mediated Environments: Conceptual Foundations", Journal of Marketing, No.60, pp.50-68, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/1251841
- Y. J. Joo & H. R. Choi, "Difference analysis between the groups on course options on locus of control, online task value, time management, learning flow, and satisfaction in the cyber university", Journal of Educational Information and Media, Vol.17, No.4, pp.477-497, 2011.
- D. W. Ko, Y. S. Park & H. Lee, "Influences of the Social Media Use Motivation on the Flow and Leisure Satisfaction - Focusing on the use of Facebook with college students", Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol.28, No.4, pp.137-156, 2013.
- Dewey, J., "Democracy and Education", New York: The Macmillan Co., 1916.
- M. K. Kim, "The Study of User Experience centered Interface Design on Brand Equity and Purchase Intention of Customers: focused on Digital Product", Master's thesis, Hongik University, 2008.
- Y. H. Park, "Dis, Gaedrip, Jjalbang... Window of newly-coined words", Kyunghyang Shinmun, 2012. 9. 7.
- H. I. Kim, "An Analytical Study to prospect Arts & Cultural Trends 2014", Seoul: Korea Culture & Tourism Institute, 2013.
- J. Song, "Content strategy of clip video", Jeonnam: Korea Creative Content Agency, 2014.
- J. E. Song & W. H. Jang, "Developing the Korean Wave through Encouraging the Participation of YouTube users :The Case Study of the Korean Wave Youth Fans in Hong Kong", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol.13, No.4, pp.155-169, 2013.
- Y. S. Kim, "Study on Relevance between Usability Principles of UX Design and Accessibility and Satisfaction in Social Commerce Websites", Journal of Korea Design Forum, No.45, pp.237-248, 2014.
- J. W. Kim, "Human Computer Interaction", Seoul: Ahn Graphics Publishers, 2005.
- S. W. Kim, "A Study of Correlations for 2D-and 3D-Based Contents Flow", Journal of Korea Design Knowledge, No.29, pp.31-40, 2014.
- S. G. Yoon, "A Study on the Application and Conception of Experience Design", Master's thesis, Korea University of Technology and Education, 2003.
- Garrett, J. J., "The elements of user experience: user-centered design for the web, S. W. Bang(Translator)", Seoul: Hansomedia Publishing Service Co., 2003.
- Roto, V., "Web Browsing on Mobile Phones - Characteristics of User Experience", Ph.D. dissertation, Espoo, Finland: Helsinki University of Technology, 2006.
- Hodge, C., "Experience Design", http://www.challishodge.com/challis-hodge-ux-models, 2001.
- Kankainen, A., "Thinking Model and Tools for Understanding User Experience Related to Information Appliance Product Concepts", Ph.D. dissertation, Espoo, Finland: Helsinki University of Technology, 2002.
- Mahlke, S., "Understanding user's experience of interaction", Proceedings of the 2005 annual conference on European association of cognitive ergonomics, pp.251-254, 2005.
- Hassenzahl, M., "The effect of perceived hedonic quality on product appealingness", International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction, Vol.13, No.4, pp.481-499, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1207/S15327590IJHC1304_07
- Van der Heijden, H., "Factors influencing the usage of websites: the case of a generic portal in the Netherlands", Information & Management, Vol.40, No.6, pp.541-549, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(02)00079-4
- Unger, R. & Chandler, C., "A Project Guide to UX Design, J. H. Lee & H. H. Lee(Translators)", Seoul: Wikibook, 2010.
- Xue Ning & K. S. Kim, "An Empirical Study of User Experience(UX) Factors Affecting Continued Usage Intention of Smartphone", The Review of Eurasian Studies, Vol.9, No.4, pp.91-118, 2012. https://doi.org/10.31203/aepa.2012.9.4.005
- M. H. Lee, "A study of the influence of user experience factors of newspaper and smartphone news mediated by flow of reading on understanding of news information", Ph.D. dissertation, Hongik University, 2017.
- Cskiszentmihalyi, M., "Flow: The psychology of optimal experience, I. S. Choi(Translator)", Seoul: Hanulim, 2004.
- Sweetser, P. & Wyeth, P., "Gameflow: A model for evaluating player enjoyment in games", ACM Computers in Entertainment, Vol.3, No.3, pp.10-36, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1145/1057270.1057272
- Novak, T. P. & Hoffman, D. L., "Measuring the customer experience in online environments: A structural modeling approach", Marketing Science, Vol.19, No.1, pp.22-42, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1287/mksc.22.214.171.12484
- M. J. Kim & H. Y. Kim, "Development of Mobile Game for extending user's Flow", The Korean Journal of animation, Vol.4, No.2, pp.7-27, 2008.
- Hoffman, D. L., Kalsbeek W. D. & Novak, T. P., "Internet and web use in the United States: Baselines for commercial development - Special section on 'internet in the home'", Communications of the ACM, No.39, pp.36-46, 1996.
- J. H. Ahn, H. G. Kim, S. H. Lee & C. W. Park, "A Study on User's Satisfaction Factors in On-line Game", Journal of information and operations management, Vol.13, No.1, pp.66-91, 2003.
- B. S. Seong, "The Influence of the Amusing Factors on Commitment and Satisfaction", Journal of the Korean society for computer game, Vol.25, No.3, pp.139-147, 2012.
- Collier, J. E. & Bienstock, C. C., "Measuring service quality in e-retailing", Journal of service research, Vol.8, No.3, pp.260-275, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670505278867
- De Wulf, K., Schillewaert, N., Muylle, S., & Rangarajan, D., "The role of pleasure in web site success", Information & Management, Vol.43, No.4, pp.434-446, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2005.10.005
- H. K. Chin, "Converged Study of Influencing Consumer Factors on Hologram Media Experience", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.8, No.1, pp.149-154, 2017.
- B. W. Kim, "A Study on convergence of Mobile Learning UX Platform Service for English Learning", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol.7, No.5, pp.155-160, 2016.
- S. S. Shin, M. Y. Shin, Y. S. Jeong, & J. H. Lee, "An Investigation of Social Commerce Service Quality on Consumer's Satisfaction," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol.5, No.2, pp.27-32, 2015.
- B. O. Kank, & S. H. Lee, "Requirements Analysis in ID-based Future Internet," Journal of ITConvergence Society for SMB, Vol.6, No.3, pp.43-48, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.3.043