- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Research Trend Analysis in Fashion Design Studies in Korea using Topic Modeling
토픽모델링을 이용한 국내 패션디자인 연구동향 분석
- Jang, Namkyung (Dept. of Textile and Fashion Design, Hansei University) ;
- Kim, Min-Jeong (Dept. of Consumer Economics, Sookmyung Women's University)
- Received : 2017.04.25
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
This study explored research trends by investigating articles published in the Journal of Korean Society of Fashion Design from 2001 through 2015. English key words and abstracts were analyzed using text mining and topic modeling techniques. The findings are as followings. By the text mining technique, 183 core terms, appeared more than 30 times, were derived from 7137 words used in total 338 articles' key words and abstracts. 'Fashion' and 'design' showed the highest frequency rate. After that, the well-received topic modeling technique, LDA, was applied to the collected data sets. Several distinct sub-research domains strongly tied with the previous fashion design field, except for topics such as fashion brand marketing and digital technology, were extracted. It was observed that there are the growing and declining trends in the research topics. Based on findings, implication, limitation, and future research questions were presented.
- M. Cho, E. Ryou, "A research trend in a field of a fashion design - Focused on the papers which were published in the Journal of Costume from 2003 to 2007 -" J. Human Ecology Res., 11, pp. 1-25, 2007.
- U. Chowdhary, E. Meacham, "Changing focus of clothing and textiles within home economics: An analysis of two professional journals." Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 2, pp. 15-18, 1983-1984. https://doi.org/10.1177/0887302X8300200103
- H. Seong, O. Lee, H. Yu, "Analysis of articles and citations in the Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles." Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 692-703, 1994.
- M. S. Lee, "A content analysis if articles in Journal of the Korean Society of Costume; 1977-2001." Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, Vol. 52, No. 4, pp. 97-109, 2002.
- J. E. Ha-Brookshire, J. Hawley, "Trends of Research published by Clothing and Textiles Research Journal (1993-2012) and Outlook for Future Research." Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, Vol. 32, Issue 4, pp. 251-265, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1177/0887302X14541543
- J. Park, M. Song, "A study on the research trends in library & information science in Korea using topic modeling." Journal of the Korean Society for information Management, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 7-32, 2013.. https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2013.30.1.007
- K. Hornik, B. Grun, "Topicmodels: An R package for fitting topic models." Journal of Statistical Software, Vol. 40, Issue 13, pp. 1-30, 2011.
- C. H. Kim, "A survey on Korean clothing and textiles in nineties(1990-1998)." Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, Vol. 46, pp. 133-142, 1999.
- S. Park, J. Ha, J. Lee, C. H. Kim, "Network analysis and trends of articles in the Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles and International Journals (1977-2013)." Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Vol. 38, No. 6, pp. 834-844, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2014.38.6.834
- S. Eun, J. O. Park, "Analysis if articles on aesthetic aspects of costumes and design in the Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles: 1990-2004." Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, Vol. 30, No. 3, pp. 369-377, 2006.
- G. Reeves-DeArmond, J. P. Ogle, K. R. Tremblay, "Research and theory trends in historic dress and textiles research: An Analysis of Clothing and Textiles Research Journal and Dress." Clothing & Textiles Research Journal, Vol. 29, Issue 3, pp. 216-231, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1177/0887302X11417617
- J. W. Uys, C. S. L. Schutte, W. D. Van Zyl, "Trends in an international industrial engineering research journal: A textual information analysis perspective." Proceedings of the 41sy international conference on Computers & Industrial Engineering, pp. 884-893, 2011.
- S. K. Kim, S. Y. Jang, "A study on the Research trends in domestic industrial and management engineering using topic modeling." Journal of the Korea Management Engineers Society, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 71-95, 2016.
- S. Na, J. Kim, M. Jung, J. Ahn, "Trend analysis using topic modeling for simulation studies." Journal of the Korea society for simulation, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 107-116, 2016. https://doi.org/10.9709/JKSS.2016.25.3.107
- Y. J. Cha, J. H. Lee, J. E. Choi, H. W. Kim, "A topic modeling approach to marketing strategies for smartphone companies." Knowledge Management Research, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 69-87, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15813/kmr.2015.16.4.005
- B. Kang, M. Song, W. Jho, "A study on opinion mining of newspaper texts based on topic modeling." Journal of the Korean society for library and information science, Vol. 47, No. 4, pp. 315-334, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4275/KSLIS.2013.47.4.315
- J. Yang, E. J. Kang, "Nail Art Convergence Design Apply the Principles of Formative Art -Focusing on Balance and Emphasis-", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 3, pp. 275-282, 2017. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2017.8.3.275
- H. J. Song, E. T. Jeong, "A Study on the utilizing parody and pastiche in Contemporary Art Works", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 201-212, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.201
- S. S. Shin, M. Shin, Y. S. Jeong, J. Lee, "An Investigation of Social Commerce Service Quality on Consumer's Satisfaction," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 27-32, 2015.
- Y. S. Jeong, "Business Process Model for Efficient SMB using Big Data," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 11-16, 2015