- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Role of Service Design in Creating Resident-driven Safe Community
주민주도형 안전 공동체 조성에 있어 서비스디자인의 역할 탐색
- Jeon, Young-Ok (International Design School for Advanced Studies, Hongik University)
- 전영옥 (홍익대학교 국제디자인전문대학원)
- Received : 2017.04.26
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
With an increase in urban crimes in various forms, this study is intended to analyze the effectiveness of the service design that presented a new model resolving crime risks through differentiated thinking paradigm and problem approaches. The empirical case addressed in this study is 'the project to create resident-driven safe community in Duryu-dong, Dalseo-gu, Deagu though service design'. This project is evaluated as having prepared a prevention-oriented local safety system through a preemptive and resident-centered process. The project was promoted as a 'natural monitoring capacity building program' for residents to prevent local crimes, a 'social role expansion program' for local safety, and 'crime prevention environment design', which provides comprehensive solutions for residents' safety. Here, designers act as exerts in designing a task-based platform that can be driven by residents rather than a visual environment improver, and reorganizing the local ecosystem by expanding the opportunities for residents to interact. This case identifies the role of service design as binding the solidarity of local residents beyond the improvement of the crime environment and giving them the potential capacity to maintain a safe living space in relation to a safety issues of community.
Service Design;Safe Community;Resident-driven;User-centered;Urban Crimes
- Urban Planning Information Service, "Urban Planning Statistics 2014", 2014.
- J. H. Lee, "Strategies to Improve Polices on Resident-Centered Community Making for the Life Safety" Crisis and Emergency Management: Theory and Praxis, 11(2), pp.299-321, 2015.
- K. W. Kim, "A Study on Prosecuting the Ubiquitous Public Security Community" Local Administration, Serial Number 716, pp.24-27, 2013.
- J. Y. Yoon, E. J. Lee, D. S. Choi, "A Fundamental Study on Application Methods of the Service Design for Civil Safety" Busan Development Institute, 2013.
- Mandano Partnership, AHRC and Design Council Research Programme Scoping, 2012.
- "Research Report of Service Design Research Network 2013-2014" SDRN, 2014.
- Young-Ok Jeon, "The Development of Service Design Framework for the Innovation of Korea's Social Problems" Ph.D. dissertation, p.111, International Design School for Advanced Studies, Hongik University. 2016.
- K. Nah, Y. O. Jeon, "An Analysis of Solution Types for Social Problems in Service Design in Accordance with Industry Characteristics and National Policy Trends" Journal of Basic Design & Art, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp.537-551, 2015.
- Teaminterface, "Safe Community Development Project for Hongeun-dong" http://www.teaminterface.com/portfolio-itemcpted_pumpkinvillage (April 8, 2017)
- K. M. Rhu, S. K. Kim, "The region is the Future" http://skypictures.co.kr/220173256425 (March 16, 2017)
- Daegu Gyeongbuk Institute, "All That Daegu 2014(III)", http://www.dgi.re.kr/AllThatDG/Detail?seq=7444&page=1&pagesize=5 (March 17, 2017)
- Daegu Metropolitan City, "A Guideline to Build Resident-Centered Safe Community from Crime in Daegu", Daegu, 2015.
- Daegukyungbuk Design Center, "Safe Community Development of Inhabitants Initiative", 2016.
- W. H. Shin, W. J. Shin, "A Comparative Study on Before and After Building Duryu Resident-Centered Safe Community from Crime" Journal of Korea Planning Association, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp.19-30, 2016. https://doi.org/10.17208/jkpa.2016.04.51.2.19
- E. H. Kim, "A Study on the Example Monitoring and Guideline for the Inhabitants Initiative Reliable Village." Anyang: Architecture & Urban Research Institute, 2014.
- J. M. Kim, J. K. Moo, "Design and Implementation of Safe-Guard for Elementary School Students" Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp.29-33, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2013.4.2.029
- S. E. Kwon, Y. M. Jang, 'Theoretical Study to Utility of Concept Mapping for Expected Outcome Draw of Multi-organizations Network : Focusing on Integrated Case Management Activities of Community Social Welfare Organizations" Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.7-11, 2015.
- H. J. Lee, J. S. Han, Y. K. Jeong, I. W. Lee, S. H. Lee, "A Technology of Context-aware based Building Management for Energy Efficiency" Journal of Convergence for Information Technology, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp.69-75, 2012.