- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A study on the Improvisation for Jazz vocal starter - Practice and analysis using root position in chord and chord-tones
재즈 보컬 입문자를 위한 즉흥연주에 관한 연구 - 코드의 근음과 코드 톤을 이용한 연습방법 및 연출 분석
- Kang, Eun-Mi (Chungwoon graduate school) ;
- Cho, Tae-Seon (Dept. of Applied Music, Chungwoon University)
- Received : 2017.05.01
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
In this thesis, Improvisation of Jazz Vocal that can be characterized as Jazz music, namely practice of Scat suggest that way of applied approach that root position of chord and chord tones. Scat plays a solo using reproduced tunes of meaningless scat syllable that is not use the lyrics and melodies, which are written in a score. For this, Using the root position of chord is a reference point that Jazz vocal constructs a musical melody. Singing person can develop that reference point from simple scat to develop increasingly complex scat and can express that musical expression and communion. It analyzed the music functionally with a standard Jazz music 'All of me' as the center from composition of chord tone that improvise song to bass line, bass scat, analysis of chord tones arpeggio and expression. In this thesis, the improvisation of a Jazz vocal that may seem somewhat abstruse and complex could be relatively easy to construct through a gradual approach.
- Kyung-sung yu "A study on How to Teach vocal provisation: for 10th graders" A master's thesis. Myogji University graduate school of education, 2009
- Jung-min Kim "A study on improvisation of 'Bill Evans': played 'Autumn Leaves' Chord scale as the center" A master' thesis. Sangmyung University Music department, 2001
- Beom-Jin Jo Tae-seon Cho A study on Arrangement through Avoid note and Tension note Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society Vol.13 No.11 pp 349-355 2015.
- Malo "Secret of Jazz singing" Consonants and Vowels, 2013
- Sam-ho Music Department "Popular music dictionary & Classic music dictionary" Sam-ho Music, 2002
- Hea-Kwon Lim Tae-seon Cho A study of Individuality of Seung-Hwan Lee's Music Represents Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society Vol.13 No.11 pp409-415 2015.
- Seung-Hyun Cho Long term solution for K-POP globalization-Concentrating to the change in education system- Journal of the Korea Academia-Ind ustrial cooperation Society Vol. 16, No. 7 pp. 4418-4423, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4418
- Macheuda Masa " Basic knowledge of Jazz chord (Arrangement method of light music, for arrangement of Jazz and ad-lib)" Doors, 2011
- Byung-yul Moon " Sing with Maschera (Vocalization method of singing by the principle of creation)"Ye-young Communication , 2011
- Do-Toung Yoon Tae-Seon Cho Analysis Of the Bass Performance Of Jimmy Blanton Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society Vol.15 No.1 pp56-61 2015.
- Tae-seon Cho Na-Rae Bae A study on curtural Activityamong the Baby-boom Generation Journal of The KoreaAcademia-Industrial cooperation Society Vol.17 No.12 pp470-475 2016.
- Min-Guen Kim Tae-seon Cho A study of Pat Metheny Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society Vol.17 No.11 pp80-85 2016 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.11.80
- Byung-Jin Yoon Tae-seon Cho Steve Wonder's Music has had on the K-POP Journal of The Korea Academia-In dustrial cooperation Society Vol.17 No.10 pp104-108 2016.
- Jiyeun Chang, "Convergence of Education and Information & Communication Technology : A Study on the Communication Characteristics of SNS Affecting Relationship Development between Professor and Student", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 213-219, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.213
- Dong-Hyuk Yang, Soo-Kyun Kim, "The Design of 2D Side-Scrolling Casual Games in a Multi-platform Environment", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 147-152, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.147