- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Research on the correlation between public design and user experience
공공디자인과 사용자 경험의 상관관계에 관한 연구
- Kwak, GiHea (Dept. of Digital Media Design, International Design school for Advanced Studies, Hongik University) ;
- Kim, BoYeun (Dept. of Digital Media Design, International Design school for Advanced Studies, Hongik University)
- Received : 2017.01.25
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
Diverse public institutions from Republic of Korea currently hold various policies regarding public design with close attentions. Thus, the primary goal of this study relies on analyzing relation between public design and user experience. In accordance with comprehensive understanding from literature researches, and the evaluation criteria of public design could be identified through diverse pilot researches and existing relative researches. Analysis regarding Shedroff's experiential elements and user-experience factors had been conducted based on an instance mentioned by Korea Association of Public Design. The field test was conducted among experienced users (100 individuals) through survey. The research could detect significant correlation between public design(accessibility, regionalism) and user experience(pleasurable, meaningful). The overall user satisfaction level has been remarked as 2.64 out of 5.0 despite vigorous policies. Even though the importance of esthetic aspects should not be disregarded, the priority of study should rely on identifying 'who' are the actual users and 'the way' they understand.
Public Design;Experience;User experience;Correlation;Case study
Supported by : Hongik University
- Yangsook Lee, Hyunsuk Kim, Ken Nah, "A Study on the Analysis of the current situation of public design policies and their evaluation direction", Archives of Design Research, Vol.27, No.3, pp.217-232, 2014.
- HaeJin Kim, "New Trend on the Types of Public Art Projects Since 2000 in Korea", Journal of Korea Contents Association, Vol.10, No.8, pp.198-28, 2010.
- Gunkyu Park, Wonseok Kim, Haesin Ro, "A Study on the Utilization of Public Interaction Design Convergence", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, No.8, pp.449-455, 2015.
- Hyosun Lee, "A Study on the Invigoration aound the local through the liaison between the public design and new governance", M.A.thesis, Graduate School of Public Policy-Hanyang University, 2012.
- Sangmin Lee, "A Study on Media Facade Impact of Component from the Viewpoint of Public Design", M.A.thesis, Graduate School of Industrial Design-Yeungnam University, 2011.
- Hyeasook Lee, "Analysis of Operational Competency of Public Culture&Arts Institution", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.11, pp.23-32, 2014.
- Yeongok Seo, "A Study on the Popularity of the Contemporary Public Art", Ph.D. Dissertation, Keimyung University, 2011.
- Public Design Association of Korea, "The definition of public design", p.25-26, 2009.
- Gyohee Youn, "A Study on Designing U-healthcare device for the elderly who lives alone", M.A.thesis, Graduate School of Public Policy-Hanyang University, 2011.
- Younghyun Choi, "An Experimental Study on the Correlation between the User Experience Design Factors and the Emotional Linguistic Evaluation- Focused on the Smart Device Application", M.A. thesis, International Design School for Advanced Studies-Hongik University, 2015.
- C.Johnson Homepage, http://casjohnson.com, September, 2014.
- JongHoon Lim, "A Study on the Public Design Evaluation Items for User Satisfaction Analysis", Journal of Korea Institute of Spatial Design, Vol.11, No.1, pp.103-112, 2016.
- JinHa Hur, "A Study on the Establishment of Design Evaluation System for User Satisfaction in the Public Realm", Ph.D.Dissertation, Dankook University, 2012.
- BumSik Kim, "A Study on Design Quality Indicators for Public Design", M.A.Thesis, Graduate School of Chungang University, 2009.
- DoKyung Kim, "A Study on Design Evaluation Indicators of City Parks", Ph.D.Dissertation, Chosun University, 2013.
- Seungja Lee, "Brand Identity Implementation through User Experience Design Processes", M.A.thesis, Hongik University Graduate School, 2007.
- Dezun Yuan, Seungkeun Song, Liu Chang, "Experimental Approach of Mural Public Design: Toward the Mural Design case in Jurye Girl's Middle School, Busan", The Korea Contents Association, Vol.15, No.10, pp.83-91, 2015.
- Dahae Kim, "A Study on the Effect of Visitors' Landscape Preference of Mural Town onMotivation and Satisfaction", M.A.thesis, Hanyang University Graduate School, 2016.
- Jongtae Park, Albenews, http://ablenews.co.kr, May 23, 2008.
- Hyangsoo Lee, Seonghoon Lee, "Study on the Environment of Collaboration on Private Enterprises: Focusing on the Implications for Public Organization", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.9, pp.01-08, 2016.
- Sunyoung Hwang, "The Function of Public Design for the Improvement of Urban Environmental Image", Korea Society of Basic Design & Art, Vol.9, No.1, pp.793-803, 2008.