- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Convergence Influence of Clinical Nurses' Resilience to the Job Stress, Turnover intention and Vitality
임상간호사의 직무스트레스, 이직의도 및 생동성이 리질리언스(Resilience)에 미치는 융복합적 요인
- Jung, Mi-Ra (Department of Nursing, Hanyeong College) ;
- Jeong, Eun (Department of Nursing, Gwangyang health College)
- Received : 2017.04.19
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
The purpose of this study was to examine relationships among resilience and job Stress, turnover intention and vitality in general hospital nurses and to provide the basic data for the development of resilience intervention programs. The data were collected from 140 nurses working in the four general hospital located S and Y city using self-reported questionnaires and February 1 2017 to February 17 2017. The data were analyzed by descriptive statistics, T-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficient, and multiple regression with SPSS 20.0 program. Resilience was found to be in a significant positive correlation with job stress, turnover intention and vitality. The result of the multiple regression indicates that work pattern and vitality predict 31%(F=10.01, p<.001) of resilience. Therefore it is necessary to develop convergence program to strengthen the resilience of clinical nurses'.
- E. H. Lee, S. J. Chang, H. O. Kim, J. H. Roh, E. J. Park, J. U. Won, "Relationship between job stress and turnover of registered nurses in a university hospital", Korean Journal Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 93-104, 2007.
- K. M. Connor, J. R. Davidson. "Development of a new resilience scale: The Connor Davidson resilience scale(CD RISC)", Depression and anxiety, Vol. 18, No. 2, 38, pp. 76-82, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/da.10113
- M. M. Park, "Development of resilience scale for nurses", Ph.D. thesis, Aju National University, 2015.
- M. M. Park, J. W. Park, "Development of resilience scale for nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 32-41, 2016. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2016.23.1.32
- B. N. Kim, H. S. Oh, Y. S. Park, "A study of nurses' resilience occupational stress and satisfaction", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 14-23, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2011.20.1.014
- K. S. Park, "The relationship among job stress, resilience and turnover intention of new nurses", Master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan National University, 2013.
- J. H. Kim, Resilience. Wisdomhouse, Gyeonggi, 2011.
- K. Chrismas, "How work environment impacts retention", Nursing Economics, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 316-318, 2007.
- A. S. Lee, C. K. Yoon, J. K. Park, "Effects of social support and ego-resilience on nursing performance of hospital nurses", Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 283-289, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2012.21.3.283
- M. J. Kim, Y. S. Park, Y. H. Kwon, "The effects of clinical nurses' resilience and social problemsolving ability on burnout", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 1284-1291, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.2.1284 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.2.1284
- Y. J. Kim, "The influence of a general hospital nurse's emotional labor, emotional intelligence on job stress", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No.9, pp. 245-253, 2014. DOI: http: //dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.9.245 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.9.245
- C. H. Cho, M. S. Kim, "An effect of nurses' job stress on job burnout and job effectiveness: focusing on large-sized hospital in Daegu, Gyeongbuk area", Health service management review, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 1-13, 2011.
- S. M. Lee, "The relationship between business stress and fatigue among nurses." Master's thesis, Hallym National University, 2007.
- B. M. Bang, L. S. Young, K. J. J. O. Cheong, "Empirical study on the turn-over intention of university hospital nurses", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No.2, pp. 205-213, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.205 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.2.205
- E. E. Lawler, "Satisfaction and behavior." New York: McGraw-Hill. pp. 78-87, 1983.
- Y. G. Lee, G. A. Seomun "Impact unit-level nurse practice environment on nurse turnover intention", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 355-362, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC. 2016.14.6.355 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.6.355
- P. Mabbett, "Vitality: mind-body approach to wellness." unpublished raw data. 2002.
- J. S. Lee, "Conceptual structure of the vitality for nurse", Master's thesis, Korea National University, 2005.
- J. S. Lee, W. O. Oh, "Factors influencing vitality among nurses", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 37, No. 5, pp. 676-683, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.5.676
- M. R. Jung, "Influence of vitality on effects of self-leadership, professional self-concept, clinical competence and burnout among clinical nurses", Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 16, No. 12, pp. 559-573, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2016.16.12.559 https://doi.org/10.22251/jlcci.2016.16.12.559
- E. H. Koo, "Resilience, interpersonal relationship and organizational socialization of new nurses", Master's thesis, Aju National University, 2017.
- R. Y. Seo, "Interpersonal relationship(Guardian-patient) stress of emergency roomnurse and resilience", Master's thesis, Aju National University, 2016.
- J. S. Kang, "The influence of clinical nurses` resilience on job stress and burnout", Master's thesis, Inha National University, 2015.
- S. H. Kim, "The influencing factors on the resilience in clinical nurses", Master's thesis, Kunsan National University, 2016.
- S. J. Chang, S. B. Koh, D. M. Kang, S. A. Kim, M. G. Kang, C. G. Lee, J. J. Chung, J. J. Cho, M. S, C. H. Chae, J. W. Kim, J. I. Kim, H. S. Kim, S. C. Roh, J. B. Park, J. M. Woo, S. Y. Kim, J. Y. Kim, M. Ha, J. S. Park, K. Y. Rhee, H. R. Kim, J. O. Kong, I. A. Kim, J. S. Kim, J. H. Park, S. J. Huyun, D. K. Son, "Developing an occupational stress scale for korean employees", Korean Journal Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 297-317, 2005.
- H. S. Park, "Relationship between perceived nursing care role orientation, job characteristics and turnover among nurses", Master's thesis, Yonsei National University, 2005.
- L. V. Polk, "Toward a middle-range theory of resilience", Advances in Nursing Science, Vol. 19, No. 3, pp. 1-13, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1097/00012272-199703000-00002
- M. Mealer, J. Jones, M. Moss, "A qualitative study of resilience and posttraumatic stress disorder in united state ICU nurses", Intensive Care Medicine. Vol. 38, No. 9, pp. 1445-1451, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00134-012-2600-6
- J. O. Park, M. J. Lee, K. J. Kim, B. H. Jang, M. S. Yoo, "A study of new nurses' resilience, job stress and burnout", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Home Care Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 124-132, 2013.
- J. Y. Kim, "Relationship among emotional labor, burnout, social support and turnover intention of nurse practitioners in terms of interdisciplinary perspectives", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No.10, pp. 331-342, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.331 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.331
- H. J. Kim, D. H. Park, "The effects of workplace bullying on turnover intention in hospital nurses", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No.1, pp. 241-252, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.241 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.241