- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Convergent Effect of Psychological Health and Physical Health on Health-related Quality of Life in Korean Echo Generation: Using Korea Health Panel Data 2013
에코세대의 정신건강 및 신체건강이 건강관련 삶의 질에 미치는 융복합적 영향: 2013년도 한국의료패널 자료를 이용하여
- Choi, So-Eun (Dept. of Nursing, Mokpo National University) ;
- Park, Min-Jeong (Dept. of Nursing, Kunsan National University)
- Received : 2017.04.19
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
The purpose of this study was to identify the effect of psychological health and physical health on health-related quality of life(HRQoL) in Korean Echo Generation by using Korea Health Panel Data 2013. The Korea Health Panel Data 2013 were collected from February to October 2013 and 2,261 respondents were analyzed. The data were analyzed by Independent t-test, ANOVA and multiple regression using SPSS WIN 24.0 program. he mean score of HRQoL was 0.98. The effect of unmet medical needs, psychological & physical stress, unmet basic needs, anxiety about the future, depression, suicidal ideation, smoking, sleeping time, hearing problem, eating problem, restriction of activity, and self-rated health status) were significant on HRQoL. Health care providers should consider the effect of psychological and physical health when they design program for the improvement of HRQoL for Korean echo generation in community.
Echo generation;Health;Quality of life;Convergence;Effect
Supported by : Kunsan National University
- DOI: J. M. Son, "Job stress trajectories of the eco-boomer generation in the convergence era and predicting factors" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No.2, pp. 405-409, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.405 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.405
- DOI: C. L. Ra, H. K. Lee, "Employment transitions and suicide ideation among echo generation" Health Policy and Management, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 369-375, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2013.23.4.369 https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2013.23.4.369
- Y. J. Lee, S. J. Park, "The Effects of strength note program on mental health of university students in convertgence age" Journal of Digital Convergence. Vol. 13, No. 7. pp. 223-228, 2015. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.223 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.223
- J. M. Son, H. S. Kim, E. H. Lee, "The trajectory of psychosocial function and predictors for the echo-boom generation: focusing on the social stress factors" Journal of Youth Welfare, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 27-53, 2015.
- I. O. Jeon. "Established business start-up support Impact on The youth of business performance" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 11, pp. 103-114, 2012.
- DOI: J. P. Hong, H. S. Yang, "A study on the entrepreneurial intention determinantsof university students" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11. pp. 141-157, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.141 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.141
- H. S. Jung, "Unemployment rate for youths for the second consecutive year 22%" [Internet]. Seoul: Moneytoday; 2017 [cited February 8, 2017]. Available from: http://www.mt.co.kr/view/mtview.php?type=1&no=2017020813562253944&outlink=1. (accessed April, 15, 2017)
- K. S. Noh, H. J. Kang, "A Study on the Present Conditions of Promotion Policy and Alternatives to Revitalize the Youth Start-up" Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 9, pp. 79-87, 2012.
- H. C. Park, "Youth unemployment rate." [Internet]. Seoul: dongA.com; 2017 [cited February 13, 2017]. Available from: http://news.donga.com/3/all/20170213/82834336/1#csidx6dd56e1eb651920aba2ed92e14b48. (accessed April, 15, 2017)
- J. M. Kim, "How to solve the youth problem." [Internet]. Seoul: The KNNEWS; 2017 [cited Nonember 8, 2016]. Available from: http://www.knnews.co.kr/news/articleView.php?idxno=1196608. (accessed April, 15, 2017)
- F. Monsteller, JE Ware, S. Levin, "Advances in health status assessment: conference proceeding" Med Care, Vol. 27, pp. 282-294, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-198903001-00022
- Y. B. Cho, S. H. Lee, J. H. Park, M. H. Park, "KMMQL-AF-based evaluation of the quality of life for survivors of childhood cancer by age," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 71-77, 2016.
- K. A. Hanisch, "Job loss and unemployment research from 1994 to 1998: a review and recommendations for research and intervention" The Journal of Vocational Behavior, Vol. 55, p. 188-220, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1006/jvbe.1999.1722
- H. G. Lee, H. J. Lee, "Psychological understanding and response to the unemployed: actual situation survey of unemployed in Korea." Korean Psychological Association Academic Publications, pp. 805-818, 1998.
- M. H. Han, "On the relationship between job seeking preparation capacity and stress from college life," Journal of Convergence for Information Technology , Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 81-86, 2017.
- Ji won Lee, Kyung-hee Kang, "Study about the relationship between self-esteem, depression and stress of students according to school system", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 69-74, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.069
- Hyun-Suk Lee, "Convergent Study of the Effect of University Students' Addiction to Smartphones on Self-Esteem and Self-Efficacy: Stress Level and Mental Health as Mediating Factors", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 8. No. 1, pp. 139-148, 2017.
- S. H. Hwang, J. K. Park, "The stress-buffering effect of natural environment on the job-seeking of the students-focused on savanna theory." Korea Academic Society of Tourism Management, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 85-101, 2009.
- M. J. Park, "Suicidal ideation in Korean echo generation and its associating factors: using Korea health panel data 2012." Journal of Korean Academic Society of Home Health Care Nursing, Vol. 23, No.1, pp. 34-44, 2016.
- T. M. Song, D. L. Jin, J. Y. Song, J. Y. An, Y. H. Cho, "A comparative analysis of suicide characteristics by age group in Korea." Journal of The Korea Society of Health Informatics and Statistics, Vol. 38, No.1, pp. 122-142, 2013.
- DOI: Y. H. Kim, M. S. Yang, H. R. Park, "A study on a relationship between university students life stress and suicidal ideation: mediating effect of mental health" Journal of Digital Convergence. Vol. 13, No. 11, pp. 291-301, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.291 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.291
- DOI: M. Ingrid, L. Folke, A. N. Jan, "Threat of unemployment and cardiovascular risk factors; longitudinal study of quality of sleep and serum cholesterol concentration in men threatened with redundancy." The British Medical Journal, Vol. 301, pp. 61-466, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.301.6750.461 https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.301.6750.461
- D. Dooley, J. Fielding, L Levi, "Health and unemployment" The Annuual Review of Public Health, Vol. 17, pp. 449-65, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.pu.17.050196.002313
- D. M. Fryer, "Employment deprivation and personal agency during unemployment" Journal of Social Behavior, Vol. 1, pp. 3-23, 1986.
- Daejonilbo, "The swamp of debt of the unemployed, a young man on the brink" [Internet]. Daejon Daejonilbo; 2017 [cited February 15, 2017]. Available from: http://www.daejonilbo.com/news/newsitem.asp?pk_no=1251514. (accessed April, 15, 2017)
- S. L. Suh, M. H. Kim, "Influencing factors on the health-related quality of life of older adults living alone" Journal of Korea Gerontological Society, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 705-716, 2014.
- DOI: M. J. Park. E. Y. Suh, M. Y. Chung, "Health-related quality of life and its influencing factors according to gender in baby boomers" The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 314-324, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2015.27.3.314 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2015.27.3.314
- R. Rabin, F. de Charro, "EQ-5D. A measure of health status from the EuroQol group" Annals of Medicine, Vol. 33, pp. 337-343, 2001. https://doi.org/10.3109/07853890109002087
- E. J. Kang, H. S. Shin, H. J. Park, M. W. Jo, N. Y. Kim, "A valuation of health status using EQ-5D" The Korean Journal of Health Economics and Policy. Vol. 12. No. 2, pp. 19-43, 2006.
- DOI: H. G. Jang, "Influencing factors on health related quality of life in middle age" The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 339-347, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7475 kjan.2012.24.4.339
- J. H. Kim, S. S. Cheon, "Correlates of depression and perception gap of adolescents' health-related quality of life between parents and children" The Journal of Korean Society for School & Community Health Education, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 1-16, 2016.
- DOI: Y. M. Lee, Y. G. Phee, "The effects of occupational stress and musculoskeletal symptoms on health-related quality of life in female labor workers" Journal of Korean Society of Occupational and Environmental Hygiene, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 210-218, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15269/jksoeh.2016.26.2.210 https://doi.org/10.15269/jksoeh.2016.26.2.210
- DOI: G. S. Kim, H. S. Hong, "Construction of model for health-related quality of life of liver cirrhosis patients." Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, Vol. 16, No.4, pp.292-299, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2014.16.4.292 https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2014.16.4.292
- J. E. Kim, S. H. Lee, I. H. Song, "Gender differences in health-related quality of life among patients with panic disorder" Social Welfare Research, Vol. 35, pp. 71-92, 2013.
- Y. M. Lee, "Quality of life and its related factors among university students" Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 77-91, 2007.
- DOI: R. Rabin, F. de Charro, "EQ-5D: a measure of health status from the EuroQol group" Annals of Medicine, Vol. 33, pp. 337-343, 2001. https://doi.org/10.3109/07853890109002087 https://doi.org/10.3109/07853890109002087
- E. J. Kang, H. S. Shin, H. J. Park, M. W. Jo, N. Y. Kim, "A valuation of health status using EQ-5D" The Korean Journal of Health Economics and Policy, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 19-43, 2006.
- Y. J. Lee, G. J. Choi, "The effect of Korean adult's mental health on QOL(quality of life)-the fifth Korea national health and nutrition examination survey, 2010" Journal of Digital Convergence. Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 321-327, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.321
- DOI: J. H. Hong, G. J. Kim, "Difference in health-related quality of life between medical aid beneficiaries and health insurance beneficiaries using the community health survey" The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 477-487, 2016. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.05.477 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.05.477
- Korea Institue of Public Administration, "Korea social integration survey 2016" Korea Institue of Public Administration. Seoul, 2016 December. No. 417001.
- S. H. Jee, J. M. Nam, S. Y. Lee, T. H. Kwak, "The Relationship between Seven Health Habits (Alameda 7) and Health-related Quality of Life" Korean Journal of Family Medicine, Vol. 26 No. 6, pp. 25-33, 2005.
- J. Y. Park, J. K. Kim, "The effects of life stress on university student's suicide and depression: focusing on the mediating pathway of family and friend's support" Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 167-189, 2014.