- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Mediating Effects of Self-efficacy between Metacognition and Learning flow in College Students in Healthcare Field
보건의료분야 대학생들의 메타인지와 학습몰입 간의 관계에서 자기효능감의 매개효과
- Han, Ju-Rang (Department of Nursing, Seojeong University) ;
- Kim, Jang-Mook (Department of Health Administration, College of Health Science, Dankook University)
- Received : 2017.04.17
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
The objective of this study was to verify the mediating effects of self-efficacy between metacognition and learning flow in college students in healthcare field. Participants were 300 college students. Self-administered questionnaire data were collected from November 21 to December 2, 2016. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson correlation coefficients and hierarchical regression analysis with the SPSS/WIN 23.0 program. Results are as follows. Metacognition had positive effects on learning flow(
Metacognition;Self-efficacy;Learning flow;College student;Healthcare field
- J. R. Han, "The Effects of Shared Leadership on Team Performance and Team Commitment of Team-Based Learning in Nursing Students: Mediating Effects of Team Trust." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp. 303-311, 2016.
- Y. H. Song, "Identifying predicting variables of the learning flow and the procrastination in university e-learning." Journal of Lifelong Learning Society, Vol. 8, No1, pp. 113-135, 2012 https://doi.org/10.26857/JLLS.2012.04.8.1.113
- I. B. Suk, E. C. Kang, "Development and validation of the learning flow scale." Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 121-154, 2007. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.23.1.121
- M. Csikszentmihalyi, "Beyond boredom and anxiety,San Francisco: Jossey-Bass", 1975, Cited by J. H.Kang, "A study of the relations among englishthinking structure, pre-english skill, self-efficacy in english, flow and learning effect." Journal of DigitalConvergence, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 165-176, 2010.
- M. Csikszentmihalyi, B. Schneider, "Becoming adult: How teenagers prepare for the world of work. NY: Basic Books", 2010.
- S. J. Lee, "The effect of flow on learning and self-efficacy on college adaptation and academic achievement in undergraduate students." Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 235-253, 2011.
- M. Csikszentmihalyi, "Flow: The psychology of optimal experience. NY: HarperCollins", 1991.
- S. N. Elliott, T. R. Kratochwill, J. L. Cook, J. F. Travers, "Educational psychology: effective teaching, effective learning. 3rd ed. NY: McGraw-Hill", 2000.
- J. E. Jacobs, S. G. Paris, "Children's metacognition about reading: lssues in definition, measurement, and instruction." Educational Psychologist, Vol. 22, Issue 3-4, pp. 255-278, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1080/00461520.1987.9653052
- J. S. Lee, "The relationship between metacognition and learning flow of high school students: the mediating effect of self-directed learning ability." The Journal of Korean Teacher Education, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 277-295. 2009. https://doi.org/10.24211/tjkte.2009.26.2.277
- J. H. Flavell, "Metacognition and cognitive monitoring: A new area of cognitive-developmental inquiry." American Psychologist, Vol. 34, No. 10, pp. 906-911, 1979. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.34.10.906
- M. H. Kang, Y. H. Song, S. H. Park, "Relationships among metacognition, flow, interactions and problem solving ability in web-based problem based learning." Journal of Research in Curriculum Instruction, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 293-315, 2008 https://doi.org/10.24231/rici.2008.12.2.293
- P. W. Stewart, S. S. Cooper, L. R. Moulding, "Metacognitive development in professional educators." The Researcher, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 32-40, 2007.
- H. W. Kim, "The effects of self-instructional training on children's metacognition, attributional style, and task performance level." Ph.D. dissertation, Sungkyunkwan University, 2000.
- A. Bandura, "Social foundations of thought andaction: A socail cognitive theory. Englewood Cliffs,NJ: Prentice-Hall Inc." 1986, Cited by S. Y. Lee, Y.Y. Kim, "The effects of self-efficacy andself-directed learning readiness to self-leardershipof nursing students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 309-318, 2016.
- M. H. Kim, J. R. Chun, S. A. Hong, "Factors of family function and self-efficasy influencing old patient's decision of advance directives attitude." Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 123-129, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.4.123
- E. J. Shin, "A study related to self-efficacy, satisfaction with practice and fundamentals of nursing practicum." The Korean journal of fundamentals of nursing, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 380-386, 2008.
- D. H. Schunk, "Effect of effort attributional feedback on children's perceived self-efficacy and achievement." Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 74, No. 4, pp. 548-556, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0622.214.171.1248
- Y. S. Park, J. H. Kim, "Daily hassles, self-efficacy, and stress responses of adult learners of distance education in digital convergences Era-based RN-BSN students." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp. 397-407, 2015.
- E. J. Yoo, S. K. Kim, S. H. Juong, "A study on stress of college life and self-efficacy on depression among students from beauty-related colleges." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 9, pp. 279-287, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.279
- W. Lee, S. H. Kang, "The effect of Jigsaw Program to enhance academic performance self-efficacy." Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 57-78, 2009.
- Y. M. Park, H. J. Ju, "Personality types of nurses and the relation between self-efficacy and clinical performance ability." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp. 333-345, 2016.
- E. H. Kim, "A Convergence study about influences of self-efficacy and mindfulness on job satisfaction on general hospital nurses." Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 5, pp. 107-116, 2016.
- J. H. Kim, "An investigation of path model among fifth grade pupils' meta-cognition, self-efficacy, practical intelligence and learning achievement." The Journal of Learner-Centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 73-94, 2007.
- M. V. Covingston, C. L. Omelich, "An empirical examination of Weiner's critique of attribution research." Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 76, pp. 1214-1225, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06126.96.36.1994
- D. H. Schunk, "Self-efficacy perspective on achievement behavior." Educational Psychologist, Vol. 19, pp. 48-58, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1080/00461528409529281
- P. R. Pintrich, E. V. De Groot, "Motivational and self-regulated learning components of classroom academic performance." Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 82, No. 1, pp. 33-40, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06188.8.131.52
- R. J. Sawyer, S. Graham, K. R. Harris, "Direct teaching, strategy instruction, and strategy instruction with explicit self-regulation: Effects on the composition skills and self-efficacy of students with learning disabilities." Educational Psychology, Vol. 84, No. 3, pp. 340-352, 1992. http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-06184.108.40.2060. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06220.127.116.110
- W. M. Yi, "Effect of metacognition and flow level in learning through educational computer game on problem solving ability." Master's Thesis, Education Korea National University of Education Chung-Buk, 2004.
- H. S. Oh, "Health promoting behaviors and quality of life of korean women with arthritis." Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 617-630, 1993.
- A. Y. Kim, H. Y. Tack, C. H. Lee, "The development and validation of a learning flow scale for adults." The Korean Society Of Educational Psychology, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp. 29-59, 2010.
- R. M. Baron, D. A. Kenny, "The moderator-med1ator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations." Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 51, No. 6, pp. 1173-1182, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3518.104.22.1683
- Y. J. Oh, H. Y. Kang, "Metacognition, learning flow and problem solving ability in nursing simulation learning." The Korean journal of fundamentals of nursing. Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 239-247, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2013.20.3.239
- L. L. Hsu, S. I. Hsieh, (2013). "Factors affecting metacognition of undergraduate nursing students in a blended learning." International Journal of Nursing Practice, Vol. 20, Issue. 3, pp. 233-241, 2013. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/ijn.12131. https://doi.org/10.1111/ijn.12131
- S. Y. Kim, H. J. Byun, M. H. Ko, "The effects of achievement goals on undergraduates." Journal of Institute for Social Sciences. Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 63-80, 2015.
- K. J. Ahn, K. H. Kang, "The Relationship among High School Students' Gender, Academic Track, Metacognition and Scientific Attitude." Journal of Science Education, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 257-269. https://doi.org/10.21796/jse.2014.38.2.257
- H. S. Chung, K. A. Yu, " Relationship among university students' metacognition, GPA and online notetaking Strategy use." The Journal of the Humanities, Vol. 46, pp. 317-343, 2010.
- S. Lee, "Analysis of students' metacognitive skills and academic self-efficacy in physics." Unpublished Master's Thesis, Ewha Woman University, 2015.
- H. R. Lee, "The effects of utilizing metacognitive strategy on middle school students' academic self efficacy." Master's Thesis, Yonsei University, 2014.
- E. Blackey, S. Spence, "Developing metacognition." Eric Reproduction Services No. ED327218, 1990. http://files.eric.ed.gov/fulltext/ED327218.pdf.
- Y. L. Chung, S, O. Kim, "Analysis of Metacognition, Self-efficacy, and Perceptions of the Constructivist Learning Environment in Science for Middle and High school Students." Education research studies, Vol. 162, No. 1, pp. 125-144, 2012.