- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Characteristics of Emerging Leadership Researches and the Team Effectiveness of Shared Leadership
현대적 리더십 연구의 특징과 공유리더십의 팀 효과성에 관한 연구
- Kim, Jong-Kwan (School of Business, Pusan National University)
- 김종관 (부산대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2017.05.12
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
This study first presents the characteristics of emerging leadership researches by theoretically analyzing the studies related to leadership since the Millenium. The first finding is that most of leadership researches shared same if not similar aspects of transformational leadership. Secondly, much of leadership researches centered around horizonally expanded shared/distributed leadership. Thus, this researches analyzed the effectiveness of the shared/distributed leadership theory based on previous researches and found shared/distributed leadership has positive impact on member's recognized performance and innovative behavior. However, in competition-oriented culture, shared/distributed leadership did not control recognized performance of its members. This implies the demand for shared/distributed leadership is necessary today and research on the matter will expanded globally but, the results may differ according to the cultural value of the company.
Supported by : 부산대학교
- Sang-ho Lee, "New Leadership Concept in an Information", Journal of Organization and Management, Vo. 28, No. 4, pp. 121-140, 2004.
- Jeong Sik Kim, Dong-Ok Chah, "Effects of Leader's Participative Decision Making on Employees' Creative Behavior and Performance: Focusing on the Role of Psychological Empowerment and Jon Involvement", Korean Journal of Management, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 331-370, 2013. https://doi.org/10.11568/kjm.2013.21.3.331
- Dinn J.E., Lord, R.G., Gardner W.L., Mueser. J.D., Liden R.C., Jinyu Hu, "Leadership theory and research in the new millennium: Current theoretical trends and changing perspectives", The Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 25, pp. 36-62, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.leaqua.2013.11.005
- Anderson M.H, Sun P.Y, "Reviewing Leadership Styles: Overlaps and the Need for a New 'Full-Range' Theory", International Journal of Management Reviews, Vol. 00, pp. 1-21, 2015.
- Beom-Seong Kim, "Reframing The Global Leadership Competencies Models", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 215-228, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.1.215
- Seung-Il Choi, Dong-Il Kim, "A Study on The Effect Business Performance of Leadership on Global Corporate", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 10, pp. 191-199, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.10.191
- Shim Young-Hee, "The Components and Cultivating Strategies of Global Woman Leadership: Focusing on Women NGO Leadership", The Journal of Asian Women, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 45-80, 2010.
- Lee, Song-hee, "Women's leadership in Modern Korean History", Woman and History, Vol. 15, pp. 103-138, 2011.
- Pill-Yong Ahn, Hae-sool Yang, "A Study on the Influence of Transformational Leadership, Trust on Creative Behavior", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 7, pp. 147-157, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.7.147
- Yong-Se Shin, Sun-Bae Kim, "The Effects of CEO's Leadership on the Organizational Effectiveness", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 165-175, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.4.165
- Lee, Jin Kyu, Choi, Hyun Seok, Kim, Hack Soo, "The effect of the shop manager's empowering leadership on frontline employee's cooperative behaviors: The moderating effect of perceived headquarter's shop support", Journal of Organization and Management, Vol 39, No. 1, pp. 37-63, 2015.
- T.C. Balser, "A New Leadership Paradigm?", BioScience oxford journal, Vol. 64, No. 12, pp. 1065-1066, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1093/biosci/biu178
- Jin-Hyuk Ryu, Sun-Bae Kim, "Effects of Knowledge-based Service Organization CEO' Trans- formational Leadership and Learning Organization Building Factors on Innovative Behavior in the Age of Convergence", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 147-161, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.4.147
- Sun-Kyu Lee, Kyu-Hwan Son, Eun-gu Kang, Young-Hyung Kim, "A Study on the Influence of Empowering-Leadership to Creativity and Job attitude", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 85-99, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.8.85
- Sivasubramaniam, Avolio, & Jung, "A longitudinal model of the effects of team leadership and group potency on group performance.", Group&Organization Management, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 66-96, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/1059601102027001005
- Kozlowski, S.W., Watola, D.J., Jensen, J.M., Kim, B.H., & Botero, I.C, "Developing Adaptive Team Leadership. NY: Routledge/Taylor&Francis Group, pp. 113-155, 2009.
- Avolio, B.J, Walumbwa, F.O, & Weber T.J, "Leadership: Current Theories, Research, and Future Directions", The Annual Review of Psychology, Vol.60, pp. 421-449. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.60.110707.163621
- Sander, Tova Olson, "Collectivity and influence: The nature of shared leadership and its relationship with team learning orientation, vertical leadership and team effectiveness", ProQuest. 2006.
- Mark, Michelle A., John E. Mathieu, & Stephen J. Zaccaro, "A temporally based framework and tzxonomy of team process", Academy of Management Review, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 356-376, 2001. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.2001.4845785
- L. D. Innocenzo, M. R. Kukenberger, "A Meta-Analysis of Different Forms of Shared Leader ship-Team Performance Relations", Journal of Management, Vol. 42, No. 7, pp. 1964-1991, 2016.
- Pearce, C.L,& Sims, H.P, "The relative influence of vertical vs shared leadership on the longitudinal effectiveness of change management team. Group Dynamics: Theory, Research, and Practice, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 172-197, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1037/1089-2622.214.171.124
- M.D. Ensley, K.M. Hmieleski, C.L. Pearce, "The importance of vertical and shared leadership within new venture top management teams: Implications for the performance of startups", The Leadership Quarterly, Vol. 17, pp. 217-231, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.leaqua.2006.02.002
- Carson, Jay B., Paul E. Tesluk, a& Jennifer A. Marrone, "Shared leadership in teams: An investigation of antecedent conditions and performance", Academy of management Journal, Vol. 50, No. 5, pp. 1217-1234, 2007. https://doi.org/10.2307/20159921
- Wencang Zhou, "When Does Shared Leadership Matter in Entrepreneurial Teams: The Role of Personality Composition", International Entrepreneur ship and Management Journal, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 153-169, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11365-014-0334-3
- Lee Kwang Hee, Kim Jin Ho, Roh Myong Hwa, & Son Seung Yeon, "The Effect of Shared Leadership on Team Performance", Journal of Human Resource Management Research, Vol. 20, Vo. 3, pp. 145-166, 2013.
- M. J. Kim & Y. J. Jeong, "Antecedents and Effects of Shared Leadership on Team Learning Behavior and Team Performance", Korean Corporation Management Review, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 145-168, 2016.
- Ki Hae Ran, "A Study on the Effect of Transactional and Transformational Leadership on Organizational Effectiveness", Ph.D. dissertation, Soongsil University, 2011.
- Hooker, Charles, & M. Csikszentmihalyi, "Flow, Creativity, and Shared Leadership", Shared leadership: Reframing the hows and whys of leadership, pp. 217-234. 2003.
- Yu-jin Nam, Eun-gu Kang, Sun-kyu Lee, Young-chuel Cha, "A Study on the influence of Empowering Leadership to Creativity: Moderating Effect of Leader-Member Exchange", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 4, pp. 95-106, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.4.095
- Choonwoo Lee, "A study on the organizational culture-based growth engine of the large Korean companies: Cultural capabilities model and Shared values DNA structure Model", Korean Journal of Management, vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 39-93, 2014.
- Jehn, Karen A., & K. Bezrukova, "A field study of group diversity, workgroup context, and performance", Journal of Organizational Behavior, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 703-729, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.257
- Ji-joon Song, "SPSS/AMOS", 21cbook, 2015.