- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Consumer Trend Platform Development for Combination Analysis of Structured and Unstructured Big Data
정형 비정형 빅데이터의 융합분석을 위한 소비 트랜드 플랫폼 개발
- Kim, Sunghyun (K-ICT Big Data Center, Korea Information Society Agency) ;
- Chang, Sokho (Big Data Center, BC Card) ;
- Lee, Sangwon (Department of Computer Software Engineering, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2017.04.08
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
Data is the most important asset in the financial sector. On average, 71 percent of financial institutions generate competitive advantage over data analysis. In particular, in the card industry, the card transaction data is widely used in the development of merchant information, economic fluctuations, and information services by analyzing patterns of consumer behavior and preference trends of all customers. However, creation of new value through fusion of data is insufficient. This study introduces the analysis and forecasting of consumption trends of credit card companies which convergently analyzed the social data and the sales data of the company's own. BC Card developed an algorithm for linking card and social data with trend profiling, and developed a visualization system for analysis contents. In order to verify the performance, BC card analyzed the trends related to 'Six Pocket' and conducted th pilot marketing campaign. As a result, they increased marketing multiplier by 40~100%. This study has implications for creating a methodology and case for analyzing the convergence of structured and unstructured data analysis that have been done separately in the past. This will provide useful implications for future trends not only in card industry but also in other industries.
Supported by : Wonkwang University
- D. Laney, "3D Data Management: Controlling Data Volume, Velocity and Variety", Gartner, 2001.
- NRI, "The Advent of Big Data Era", Nomura Research Institute, 2012.
- J. Manyika, M. Chui, B. Brown, J. Bughin, R. Dobbs, C. Roxburgh, and A. H. Byers, "Big Data: The Next Frontier for Innovation, Competition, and Productivity", McKinsey Global Institute, 2011.
- MSIP, "Big Data Industry Development Strategy", The Republic of Korea Government, 2013.
- N. Ashish, V. Dan, "Worldwide Big Data Technology and Services Forecast 2015-2019", IDC, 2015.
- NIA, 2016 Korean Big Data Market Review, National Information Society Agency, 2017.
- J. S. Hwang, S. H. Kim, and H. Lee, "Breaking the Myths of the IT Productivity Paradox", KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.466-482, 2015. https://doi.org/10.3837/tiis.2015.01.029
- K. I. Kim, "The Impact of several management tools and techniques adoption on strong small business enterprises'Performance", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp.7-12, 2016.
- K. I. Kim, "A Model of the influence of IMS operation on organizational performance", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp.1-5, 2016.
- S. H. Kim, S. Y. Jang, and G. O. Jang, "Information Technology Adoption and Success Research Review in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp.199-207, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.3.199
- S. H. Kim, and S. Y. Jang, "Determinants of Software-as-a-Service Adoption Intention Among Small and Medium-sized Korean Firms", Korean Management Science Review, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp.11-30, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7737/KMSR.2013.30.2.011
- Y. S. Jeong, "U-healthcare Service Management Scheme for Big Data of Patient Information", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.1-6, 2015.
- K. S. Shin, H.J. Park, S. H. Kim, Big Data Adoption Strategy in Finantial Industry, National Information Society Agency, 2016.
- D. Turner, M. Schroeck, and R. Shockley, Analytics: The Real-World Use of Big Data in Financial Services, IBM(R) Institute for Business Value, 2016.
- NIA, 2015 Korean Big Data Market Review, National Information Society Agency, 2016.
- S. H. Lee, and D. W. Lee, "FinTech-Conversions of Finance Industry based on ICT", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp.97-102, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.3.097
- R. Baik, and J. H. Ryu, "An Analysis of Convergence Relation on Economic Activity with Credit cards in Korea and China & A Development of the Algorithm on economic trend Estimation", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp.9-17, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.009
- K.G. Min, http://www.econovill.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=298758, Economic Review Article, 2016.
- E. J. Noh, http://www.focus.kr/view.php?key=2016113000161540599, Focus Nesws Article, 2016
- H. Chen, R. H. L. Chiang, and V. C. Storey, "Business Intelligence and Analytics: From Big Data to Big Impact," MIS Quartly. Vol. 36, No. 4, pp. 1165-1188, 2012.
- H. Baars, and H. G. Kemper, "Management Support with Structured and Unstructured Data- an Integrated Business Intelligence Framework," Information Systems Management, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 132-148, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/10580530801941058
- A. Syed, K. Gillela, and C. Venugopal, "The Future Revolution on Big Data," . International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 2, No. 6, pp. 2446-2451, 2013.
- A. Gandomi, and M. Haider, "Beyond the Hype: Big Data Concepts, Methods, and Analytics," International Journal of Information Managemen, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 137-144, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2014.10.007
- K. S. Shin, S. M. Chai, H. J. Park, N.O. Jo, S. A. Shin, and S. H. Kim, "Development of a Big Data Capability Assessment Model", Journal of Information Technology and Architecture, vol.13, no.2, pp. 271-280, 2016.
- S. W. Lee and S. H. Kim, "Finding Industries for Big Data Usage on the Basis of AHP", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp. 21-27. 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.7.21
- S. H. Kim, S. B. Park, and Y. G. Lee, "A Development of a Evaluation Framework for Public Sector ICT Adoption: Focused on Big Data, Cloud, Internet of Things, Journal of Information Technology and Architecture, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 419-428, 2015.
- Y. Jung, M. Suk, C. Kim, "A study on the success factors of Bigdata through an analysis of introduction effect of Bigdata", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol 12, No. 11, pp. 241-248, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.241
- K. S. Noh, "Educational Policy Proposals through Analysis of the Perception of Bigdata for University Students", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 11, pp.25-33, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.11.25
- Y. M. Kim, "Changes and Strategies of the Government Service Paradigm through Using Big Data: Focused on Disaster Safety Management in Seoul City", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp.59-65, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.59
- M. J. Choi, and K. S. Noh, "Exploratory Study on Crime Prevention based on Bigdata Convergence - Through Case Studies of Seongnam City -", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 11, pp.125-133 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.11.125
- K. S. Noh, "A Study on Utilization Strategy of Bigdata for Local Administration by Analyzing Cases", Journal of Digital Convergence 12(1), 2014.
- K. S. Noh, S. Park, "An Exploratory Study on Application Plan of Bigdata to Manufacturing Execution System", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 1, 2014.
- J. S. Kim, and W. S. Cho, "Data analysis of 4M data in small and medium enterprises", Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp.1117-1128, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2015.26.5.1117
- J. W. Gu, J. H. Lee, M. S. Chung, and J. Y. Lee, "Electric Vehicle Technology Trends Forecast Research Using the Paper and Patent Data", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp.165-172, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.2.165
- H. W. Park, and K. H. Choi, "Doing Social Big Data Analytics: A Reflection on Research Question, Data format, and Statistical Test-Convergent Aspects", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp.591-597, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.12.591
- S. D. Yoo, K. D. Choi, and S. Y. Shin, "Characterizing Business Strategy in a New Ecosystem of Big Data", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp.1-9, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.4.1
- S. H. Namn, and K. S. Noh, "A Study on the Effective Approaches to Big Data Planning", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp.227-235, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.1.227