- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
유아 교사의 이론과 실천에 관한 고찰: bottom-up 관점을 중심으로
Theories and Practices of Early Childhood Teachers: Bottom-up Perspectives
- 김미애 (대구가톨릭대학교 유아교육과)
- Kim, Miai (Dept. of Early Childhood Education, Daegu Catholic University)
- 투고 : 2017.04.27
- 심사 : 2017.06.20
- 발행 : 2017.06.28
본 연구는 문헌연구를 통해 이론과 실천의 관계에서 교수 행위를 바라보는 상반된 두 가지 관점 중 bottom-up 관점에서 유아 교사의 실천을 탐색한다. 연구 결과는 다음과 같다. 첫째, 전통적으로 유아교육에서는 top-down 관점을 중심으로 발달심리학 이론, 발달에 적합한 이론과 실제에 관한 담론, 그리고 발달이론에 근거하여 개발된 다양한 프로그램모델의 틀 안에서 유아교사의 실천과 교수행위를 정의하고 합리화해 왔다. 둘째, 이와 반대로 bottom-up 관점은 현장에서의 교사의 행위와 실천이 이론을 이끈다고 보며 반성적 사고를 통해 교사가 현장에서 실천방법을 구성해 가는데 초점을 둔다. 이 관점에서 실천은 이론의 근거가 되며, 교사는 암묵적 이론을 형성하면서 연구자의 역할을 한다고 보면서 개인경험, 학교풍토와 맥락, 그리고 우세한 교육담론이 교사의 이론을 구성하는 데 영향을 미치는 요소로 본다. 셋째, 실제로 예비교사와 현직교사를 대상으로 하는 연구결과로부터 예비교사는 경험으로부터 오는 교수에 대한 기대가 양성과정에서의 담론과의 교류, 실습 및 학교의 영향으로부터 교수에 대한 이론을 발달시킨다는 것을 보여준다. 또한 현직교사들은 그들이 지닌 암묵적 지식의 전개가 지속적인 전문성 발달과 관련이 있으며 행정적 압력 및 현장의 복잡한 현실적인 문제들을 개인적으로 발달시킨 전략을 사용하여 해결함을 보여준다. 연구 결과에 따라 bottom-up 관점에 근거한 향후 교사 실천에 관한연구 방향과 시사점을 제안하였다.
유아교사;이론과 실천;신념;교수 행위;bottom-up 관점
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Daegu Catholic University
- A. Chafel, & S. Reifel, "Theory and practice in early childhood teaching: Themes and advances." Advances in Early Education and Day Care, Vol. 8, No. 263-294, 1996.
- J. Nespor, "The role of beliefs in the practice of teaching." Curriculum Studies, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 317-328, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1080/0022027870190403
- L. Williams, "Does practice lead theory? Teachers' constructions about teaching: Bottom-up perspectives." Advances in Early Education and Day Care, Vol. 8, pp. 153-184, 1996.
- F. Shoonmaker & S. Ryan, "Does theory lead practice? Teachers' constructions about teaching: bottom-up perspectives." Advances in Early Education and Day Care, Vol. 8, pp. 117-151, 1996.
- G. Morrison, Early childhood education today. New Jersey: Merrill, 2009.
- K. Kwon, "A review of research of on early childhood teacher beliefs and practice." International Journal of Early Childhood Education, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 7-30, 2010.
- L. Goldstein, "Beyond the DAP versus standards dilemma: Examining the unforgiving complexity of kindergarten teaching in the United States." Early Childhood Research Quarterly, Vol. 22, pp. 39-54, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecresq.2006.08.001
- R. Charlesworth, C. H. Hart, D. C. Burts, & S. Hernandez, "Kindergarten teachers beliefs and practices." Early Child Development and Care, Vol. 70, pp. 17-35, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1080/0300443910700103
- R. Charlesworth, C. H. Hart, D. C. Burts, R. H. Thomasson, J. Mosley, & P. O. Fleege, "Measuring the developmental appropriateness of kindergarten teachers' beliefs and practices." Early Childhood Research Quarterly, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 255-276, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0885-2006(05)80067-5
- X. Wen, J. G. Elicker, & M. B. McMullen, "Early Childhood Teachers' Curriculum Beliefs: Are They Consistent With Observed Classroom Practices?". Early Education & Development, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 945-969, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1080/10409289.2010.507495
- I. Jones & D. F. Gullo, "Differential Social and academic effects of developmentally appropriate practices and beliefs." Journal of Research in Childhood Education, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 26-35, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1080/02568549909594749
- T. K. Buchanan, D. C. Burts, J. Binder, J., & V. F. White, "Predictors of the developmentally appropriateness of the beliefs and practices of first, second, and third grade teachers." Early Childhood Research Quarterly, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 459-483, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0885-2006(99)80052-0
- N. File & D. F. Gullo, "A comparison of early childhood and elementary education students' beliefs about primary classroom teaching practices." Early Childhood Research Quarterly, Vol. 17, pp. 126-137, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0885-2006(02)00130-8
- M. B. McMullen, "Characteristics of teachers who talk the DAP talk and walk the DAP walk." Journal of Research in Childhood Education, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 216-230, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1080/02568549909594742
- G. H. Krockover, R. M. Pekarek, C. G. Riggs, & D. P. Shepardson, "How well do multiage intermediate classrooms foster successful learning for children?" Educational Forum, Vol. 64, pp. 67-74, 1999.
- K. Smith & L. Croom, "Multidimensional self-concepts of children and teacher beliefs about developmentally appropriate practices." Journal of Educational Research, Vol. 93, No. 5, pp. 312-321, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1080/00220670009598723
- F. M. Connelly & D. J. Clandinin, "Stories of experience and narrative inquiry." Educational Researcher, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 2-14, 1990.
- C. M. Clark & P. L. Peterson, Teachers' thought process. In M. C. Wittrock(Ed..), "The handbook of research on teaching" (3rd ed., pp. 255-296). New York: Macmilan Publishing Company, 1986.
- K. I. Seifert, "What develops in formal theories of development." ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 342489, 1991.
- G. S. Cannella, "Deconstructing early childhood education." New York: Peter Lang, 1997.
- B. Spodek, "Thought process underlying preschool teachers classroom decisions." Early Child Development and Care, Vol. 29, pp. 197-208, 1987. https://doi.org/10.1080/0300443870290207
- N. Bell, "Early childhood teachers theories in practice: What do teachers believe?" Paper presented at the fifth early childhood convention, Dunedin, New Zealand, 1991.
- W. Ayers, "The shifting ground of curriculumthought and everyday practice." Theory into Practice, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 259-263, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1080/00405849209543551
- E. Jones, Perspectives on teacher education: Some relations between theory and practice. In L. G. Katz(Ed.), Current topics in early childhood education, Vol. 6, pp. 123-141, Norwood, NJ: Albex, 1986.
- M. F. Klein, "A perspective on the gap between curriculum theory and practice." Theory into Practice, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 191-197, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1080/00405849209543542
- G. Halliwell, Practical curriculum theory: Describing, informing and improving early childhood practices. In B. Lambert(Ed.), Changing faces: The early childhood profession in Australia(pp. 121-123). Canberra: Australian Early Childhood Association, 1992.
- S. Grieshaber & G. S. Cannella, From identity to identity: Increasing possibilities in early childhood education. In S. Grieshaber & G. S. Cannella (Eds.), "Embracing identities in early childhood education" (pp. 3-22). New York & London: Teachers College, 2001.
- L. Goldstein, "Teaching the standards is developmentally appropriate practice: Strategies for incorporating the sociopolitical dimension of dap in early childhood teaching." Early Childhood Education Journal, Vol. 36, No. 3, pp. 253-260, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10643-008-0268-x
- E. Burman, "Deconstructing developmental psychology." London & New York: Routledge, 2008.
- M. F. Pajares, "Teachers' beliefs and educational research: Cleaning up a messy construct." Review of Educational Research, Vol. 62, No. 3, pp. 307-332, 1992. https://doi.org/10.3102/00346543062003307
- M. Kim, Rethinking teachers' beliefs and practices of early childhood teaching from critical perspectives. International Journal of Early Childhood Education, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 41-60, 2014.
- D. A. Schon, "The reflective practitioner: How professionals think in action." New York: Basic Books, 1983.
- E. Kim, "An analysis of meanings of preservice early childhood teacher's reflective inquiry journaling in the teaching practice." Early Childhood Research and Review, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 321-348, 2015.
- H. Ahn, "An analysis of meaning of early childhood teachers' experiences on self-reflective emotion journaling." Early Childhood Research and Review, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 287-314, 2010.
- H. Kwon & S. Lim, "Early childhood preschool teachers' cognition and coping ways on inclusive education through dilemma centered case methods." Early Childhood Research and Review, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 5-36, 2010.
- Y. Lee, "A narrative inquiry: How one reggio teacher and one eco-entered early childhood education teacher talk about their experiences." Journal of Early Childhood Education, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 85-110, 2014.
- S. Yoo, "Implementation of pre-service teachers' professional identities through metaphor in early childhood teacher education." Journal of Future Early Childhood Education, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 241-276, 2013.
- B. Lee, "Confusion in multicultural education and its understanding process: A field study on "Wongok-dong" in Ansan." Early Childhood Research and Review, Vol. 15, No. 5, pp. 103-127, 2011.
- J. Lee & B. Lim, "A study on ideal image of teacher for preservice early childhood teachers: Based on the autobiographical method using a multilateral approach." Journal of Learner-centered Curriculum and Instruction, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 95-122, 2017.
- A. Saban, B. N. Kocbeker, & A. Saban, "Prospective teachers'' conceptions of teaching and learning revealed through metaphor analysis." Learning and Instruction, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 123-139, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.learninstruc.2007.01.003
- S. Yoo, "A Study on the Use of Autobiographical Stories Based on Visual Narrative Materials for Developing Self-Image and Philosophical thoughts in Early Childhood Teacher Education." Journal of Future Early Childhood Education, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 171-198, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22155/JFECE.188.8.131.52
- M. A. Lundeberg. & J. E. Lawver, "Thinking like a teacher: Encouraging cognitive growth in case analysis." Journal of Teacher Education, Vol. 45, No. 4, pp. 289-297, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022487194045004007
- M. Kim & H. Cho, "The meaning of preservice teachers' experiences in ethical dilemma solving through college course for teaching professional ethics based on PBL." Early Childhood Research and Review, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 585-615, 2014.
- E. Baik, & H. Lee, "Types of preservice early childhood teachers' teaching beliefs about instructional goal, teaching activities and assessment, teacher's role." The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 225-248, 2012.
- K. Carter & L. Gonzakez, "Beginning teachers' knowledge of classroom events." Journal of Teacher Education, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 223-233, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1177/002248719304400309
- B. Spodek, Implicit theories of early childhood teachers: Foundations for professional behavior. In B. Spodek, O. N. Saracho & D. L. Peters(Eds.), "Professionalism and the early childhood practitioner" (pp. 161-172). New York: Teacher College Press, 1988.
- C. Wien, "Negotiating standards in the primary classroom: The teachers' dilemma." New York: Teachers College Press, 2004.
- D. F. Brown. & T. D. Rose, "Self-reported classroom impact of teachers' theories aboit learning and obstacles to implementation." Action in Teacher Education, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 20-29, 1995.
- S. Nicholson, There is so much you can learn: Child care teachers' perceptions of their professional development experiences. Ph. D. dissertation, The University of Texas at Austin, 2008.
- A. M. Phelan & H. J. McLaughlin, "Educational discourse, the nature of the child, and the practice of new teachers." Journal of Teacher Education, Vol. 46, No. 3, pp. 165-174, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022487195046003002
- Y. Mo & K. Kim, "A study on the preschool teacher's perception of teaching professionalism and conviction." The Journal of Korea Open Association for Early Childhood Education, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 241-260, 2013.
- H. Keum, "The basic theoretical research for a practice of university faculty member's teaching reflection," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 57-63, 2016.
- M. Kim & H. Lee, "Three approaches to understanding early childhood teachers' work." Early Childhood Research and Review, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 273-296, 2015.