- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effect of Mobile Devices on the Use Intention and Use of Mobile Banking Service in Myanmar
미얀마에서의 모바일기기 특성이 모바일 뱅킹 서비스 사용의도와 실제 사용에 미치는 영향 연구
- Myo, Salai Thar Kei (Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Myanmar) ;
- Hwang, Gee-Hyun (Graduate School of Information Science, Soongsil University)
- 황기현 (숭실대학교 정보과학대학원)
- Received : 2017.04.18
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
Most banks in Myanmar have begun to provide their services via mobile phones. However, few studies investigated the factors that may help to set mobile services from a customer perspective. So, this study aims to propose and test a conceptual research model to predict the user's intention to use and actual use level of mobile banking service by combining UTAUT and DeLone-Mclean IS model. Data were collected from 206 citizens who had experienced mobile banking in various regions of Myanmar. The study found that performance expectancy, effort expectancy, information quality and service quality influence the user 's intention to adopt mobile banking services which directly affects the user's actual use of them. However, social influence, facilitating condition and system quality don't influence the user's intention. The study results contribute to meeting customer's needs and reducing customer risk in Myanmar's mobile banking industry, suggesting to seamlessly provide the necessary resources like technology improvements, organizational infrastructure and service centers. Another future study are required to include service's security and trust factors so that the service providers could gain their customers' reliability and trust.
Mobile Banking services;Mobile communications;UTAUT-IS;User adoption;Myanmar
- Tiwari, R. and Buse, S., "The Mobile Commerce Prospects: A Strategic Analysis of Opportunities in the Banking Sector", Hamburg, Germany: Hamburg University Press, 2007
- C. H. Jung, S. H. Namn, "Cloud Computing Acceptance at Individual Level Based on Extended UTAUT", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.1, pp. 287-294, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2014.12.1.287
- Norzaidi, M. D., & Salwani, I. M., "Evaluating the intranet acceptance with the extended task-technology fit model: Empirical evidence in Malaysian maritime industry", International Journal of Arts and Sciences, Vol 3, No. 2, pp. 294-306, 2010.
- Lin, H. F., "An empirical investigation of mobile banking adoption: The effect of innovation attributes and knowledge-based trust", International journal of information management, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 252-260, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2010.07.006
- Laukkanen, T., "Internet vs mobile banking: Comparing customer value perceptions. Business Process Management Journal, Vol 13, No. 6, pp. 788-797, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1108/14637150710834550
- Seo, K. K., "Analysis of use intention of mobile cloud service using a convergence technology acceptance model, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp. 105-110, 2016.
- Gerrard, P., & Cunningham, J. B., "The diffusion of Internet banking among Singapore consumers", International Journal of Bank Marketing, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 16-28, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1108/02652320310457776
- Porteous, D., "The Enabling Environment for Mobile Banking in Africa", Report Commissioned by Department for International Development - DFID, 2006.
- Donner, J. and Tellez, C. A., "Mobile Banking and Economic Development: Linking Adoption, Impact and Use", Asian Journal of Communication, Vol 18, No. 4, pp. 318-322, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/01292980802344190
- Laukkanen, T., "Internet vs mobile banking: comparing customer value perceptions", Business Process Management Journal, Vol 13, No. 6, pp. 788-797, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1108/14637150710834550
- Yuen, Y. Y., Yeow, P. H., Lim, N., & Saylani, N., "Internet banking adoption: Comparing developed and developing countries", Journal of Computer Information Systems, Vol 51, No. 1, pp. 52-61, 2010.
- DeLone, W.H. and McLean, E.R., "The DeLone and McLean Model of Information Systems Success: A Ten-Year Update", Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol 19, No. 4, pp. 9-30, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.2003.11045748
- Venkatesh V., Morris M. G., Davis G. B., & Davis F. D., "User acceptance of i n f o r m a t i o n technology: Toward a unified view", MIS Quarterly, Vol 27, No. 3, pp. 425-478, 2003. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036540
- Junglas, I., &Watson, R. T., "The u-constructs: four information drives", Communications of the Association for Information systems, Vol 17, No. 1, pp. 26, 2006.
- S. H. Kim.J. S. Han, "Smart Cold-Chain Monitoring Automation System Architecture based on Internet of Things", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp.351-356, 2014.
- S. H. Kim⋅J. S. Han, "Smart Cold-Chain Monitoring Automation System Architecture based on Internetof Things", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp.351-356, 2014.
- Molina-Castillo, F. J., López-Nicolás, C., & Bouwman, H,. "Explaining mobile commerce services adoption by different type of customers", Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics and Informatics, Vol 6, No. 6, pp. 73-79, 2009.
- Hong, S. J., Thong, J. Y., Moon, J. Y., &Tam, K. Y., "Understanding the behavior of mobile data services consumers", Information Systems Frontiers, Vol 10, No. 4, pp. 431-445, 2009.
- Park, J., Yang, S., & Lehto, X., "Adoption of mobile technologies for Chinese consumers", Journal of Electronic Commerce Research, Vol 8, No. 3, pp. 196-206, 2007.
- Lee, K. Ch. And Chung, N., "Understanding factors affecting trust in and satisfaction with mobile banking in Korea: A modified DeLone and McLean's model perspective", Interacting with Computers, Vol 21, No. 5-6, pp. 385-392, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intcom.2009.06.004
- Oliveira T., Faria, M., Thomas, M.A. and A. Popovic (2014) "Extending the understanding of mobile adoption: when UTAUT meets TTF and ITM" International Journal of Information Management, Vol 34, No. 5, pp. 689-703, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijinfomgt.2014.06.004
- Venkatesh, V., & Zhang, X., "Unified theory of acceptance and use of technology: US vs. China", Journal of Global Information Technology Management, Vol 13, No. 1, pp. 5-27, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1080/1097198X.2010.10856507
- Yoon, C. H. & Choi, G. D,. "The Effects of National Culture on Ethical Decision-Making in the Internet Context : An Exploratory Analysis", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp.23-36, 2014.
- S. H. Lee⋅D. W. Lee, "A Study on Internet of Things in IT Convergence Period", Journal of digital convergence. Vol. 12, No. 7, pp.267-272, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.7.267
- Hair, J., Blake, W., Babin, B., & Tatham, R., "Multivariate Data Analysis", New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 2006.
- Faria, M. G., "Mobile banking adoption: A novel model in the Portuguese context", Universidade Nova de Lisboa., 2012.
- Zhou, T., Lu, Y., & Wang, B., "Integrating TTF and UTAUT to explain mobile banking user adoption", Computers in Human Behavior, Vol 26, No. 4, pp. 760-767, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2010.01.013
- Venkatesh, V., Thong, J. Y., & Xu, X., "Consumer acceptance and use of information technology: Extending the unified theory of acceptance and use of technology", MIS Quarterly, Vol 36, No. 1, pp. 157-178, 2012.
- Im, I., Hong, S., & Kang, M. S., "An international comparison of technology adoption", Information & Management, Vol 48, No. 1, pp. 1-8, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2010.09.001
- B. C. Kim, "A Internet of Things(IoT) based exploration robot design for remote control and monitoring", Journal of digital convergence, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp.185-190, 2015.
- Mun, H. J., Yooncheol Hwang, Y. C., & Kim, H. Y. "Countermeasure for Prevention and Detection against Attacks to SMB Information System - A Survey," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 1-6, 2015.
- Kim, K. B., & Yun, J. Y., "Comparison and Analysis on Mobile Payment in terms of Security : Survey," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 15-20, 2015.
- Kim, L. S., "Convergence of Information Technology and Corporate Strategy", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 17-26, 2015.
- Lee, H. J., Na, O. C., Sung, S. Y., & Chang, H. B,. "A Design on Security Governance Framework for Industry Convergence Environment ", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 33-40, 2015.