- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on Design Development Direction for Designing Aging Friendly City through The Case Analysis
사례분석을 통한 고령친화도시 디자인 개발방향연구
- Nah, Ken (Design Management, IDAS, Hongik University) ;
- Sung, Sora (Dept. of Design Studies, IDAS, Hongik University) ;
- Jeon, Youngje (Dept. of Design Management, IDAS, Hongik University) ;
- Lee, Eunkyung (Research, IDAS, Hongik University)
- 나건 (홍익대학교 국제디자인전문대학원) ;
- 성소라 (홍익대학교 국제디자인전문대학원 디자인학전공) ;
- 전영재 (홍익대학교 국제디자인전문대학원 디자인경영전공) ;
- 이은경 (홍익대학교 국제디자인전문대학원)
- Received : 2017.04.07
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
The purpose of this study is to suggest a foundational design direction for seniors, according to paradigm shift in aging society. This paper researched on current state of the aging society through literature study and defined the theoretical concept that set the foundation of the study. Secondly, for building an age-friendly city, relevant studies on seven cities were selected and their regional design guidelines were analyzed. As a result, essential design elements for building the aging-friendly city were defined as safety, recognition, and accessibility. A detailed design guideline that applies the three elements with understanding on seniors is required to construct the environment for a senior-friendly city. Ultimately, the result of this study is expected to be in practical use as a fundamental resource for age-friendly city design.
Age-friendly;Universal Design;Service Design;Public Design;Design Guideline
Supported by : 국토교통부
- Frank Schirmacher, "Aged Society", Namubook, 2005.
- Hyun-Tae Chun, Seung-chul Park, "A study on personal belongings design management strategy of the revitalize for 21st century of th age generation welfare industry", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 5, p,20, 2012.
- Eun-ha Jung, "A case study on aged-friendly city policy and its implications", World&City vol.12 Seoul Welfare Foundation, p. 24, 2016.
- Seung-Hee Yoy, Chang-Hee Kwon, "The Study on the Spatial Change in an Aging Society", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.15, No. 1, p12, 2017.
- In-Kyu Choi, "Analysis of Causal Structure of Aged-Friendly-Care Industry Activation Policy", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 15, No. 2 p.521, 2017. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2017.15.4.521
- Yoon-Su Jeong, "U-healthcare Service Management Scheme for Big Data of Patient Information," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 1, p3, 2015
- Mi-Hye Kim, Je-Ran Chun, Seong-Ae Hong, "Factors of Family Function and Self-efficasy Influencing Old Patient's Decision of Advance Directives Attitude," Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, p. 123, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.4.123
- Tae-Yeol Seo, Eun-Jin Lim, "The Direction and Corresponding Strategies for The Low-Birth Rate and Old-Aging Era in Korean Social Studies", Social Studies Education, Vol. 52, No. 4, pp.22-35, 2013.
- Gyoung-Soo Lim, "Promotion of Town Development Considering Aged Affinity", Journal of the Korean Urban Management Association Vol. 29, No. 4, pp.217-242 2016.
- WHO, "Global Age-Friendly Cities : A Guide", 2007.
- Jong-Wook Lee, "Converged Factors Influencing Depression of Community Dwelling Elderly", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 5, pp. 237-246, 2016.
- Kwon-Chan Roh, "A Study on Guideline of Public Design for Age-Friendly City", Ph.D Thesis. 2014.
- Dong-Hyun Lee, "Making Aged-friendly Urban Space", Busan Development Institute, 2013
- Jung-Suk Seo, "A Study on the Urban Planning Policy of Aging", Master of Engineering Thesis, 2012.
- Jin-Kyoung Park, "Convergence factors among their physical state, function and activities influencing on the cognition of elderly residents in a community", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, p. 154, 2015.
- Seoul Welfare Foundation, "Seoul, 2014 AFC 2th Case Study", 2014.
- Gyeonggido Family & Women Research Institute, "Gyeonggi-do Age-friendly city development direction and task", 2011.
- Busan Social Welfare Development Institute, "A Study on Guideline Development for Age-friendly City in Busan", 2015.
- Ho-Jung Cho, "A Study on Correlation between Street Furniture and Universal Design Elements", p.24, 2008.
- Ho-Da Kim, "Value Creation for Life-Friendly Designs in an Ageing Society", Journal of Korea Society of Design Forum". p.141, 2016.