- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effects of Organization-Public Relationship of Corporate Donation via SNS on Corporate image and Reputation
소셜네트워크서비스(Social Network Service) 기반 기부활동 기업에 대한 조직-공중관계성이 기업이미지와 기업 평판에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Joung-Gun (Global Business Coaching Institute, Inc)
- 김정근 ((주)글로벌비즈니스코칭연구소)
- Received : 2017.04.04
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of users' organization-public relationship of the donation activities of corporate via social network service on corporate image and reputation focused on social network service users. The subjects were 228 SNS users selected. The data were analyzed by the correlation analysis, reliability analysis and structural equation modeling analysis using SPSS 21 and AMOS 21 program. The results were as follow. First, Organization-public relationships influenced positively on corporate image. Second, Organization-public relationships influenced positively on corporate reputation. Third, Corporate image influenced positively on corporate reputation. These results will contribute to develop a marketing strategy via social network service of corporate.
Social Network Service;Donation activity;Organization-public relationship;Corporate image;Corporate reputation
- Eun Hee Cho. "The effects of the internet media corporations' social contribution activities on the organization-public relations, corporation identity, and public's attitudes, loyalty, and future use intention of the websites". Master's thesis, Seoul Women's University, 2009.
- Woon Gyi Choi. "A study on hotel's corporate social responsibility themes and types on authenticity, organization-public relationships, hotel image and customer behavior intention". Doctoral Dissertation, Kyonggi University, 2015.
- Cutlip, S. M., Center, A. H and Broom, G. M. "Effective public relations". New Jersey: Prentice Hall, 2000.
- Hyung Suk Kim and Hyun Ou Lee. "A study on the OPR measurement scale reflecting korean culture". The Korean Journal of Advertising and Public Relations, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp. 99-139, 2008.
Il Gi Shin, Yun Seul Choi and Hyun Sin Shin. "Regional broadcasting program factors influence public relations for the traditional market unity: Focused on
". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 7, pp. 1-8, 2015.
- Fombrun, S. 7 Van Riel, C. "The reputational landscape". Corporate Reputation Review, Vol. 1, pp. 5-13, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.crr.1540008
- Ledingham, J. A. and Bruning, S. D. "Relationship management and public relations: Dimensions of an organization-public relationship. Public Relations Review, Vo;. 24, No. 1, pp. 56-65, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0363-8111(98)90090-X
- Ja Eun Koo. "The effects of the organization-public relationship on the image formation of the public institutions". Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 11, No 4, pp. 138-173, 2011.
- Blackston, M. "Observations: Building brand quity by managing the brands relationships". Journal of Advertising Research, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 79-83, 1991.
- Jun Eil, RLee, So Young Woo and Hyun Mi Bae. "The effect of corporate public relationships and corporate image on customer loyalty". The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 53-81, 2007.
- MK. "Social donation through SNS". http://news.mk.co.kr/newsRead.php?year=2014&no=1275260, 2016.10.03.
- Seoul Metropolitan Government. "Donation campaign". http://www.seoul.go.kr/donate/, 2013.
- Chan Ah Kim. "A study of symbolic meaning of NPOs PR message and sharing meaning of the public: Focusing on the fundraising and donation". Doctoral Dissertation, Ewha Womans University, 2005.
- Hae Na Kim. "A study on social donation as a communication instrument of CSR". master's thesis, Hanyang University, 2015.
- Soo Yeon Kim, In Ki Kim and Yu Byeol Kim. "Exploring the effects of program types(corporate donation vs. interactive CSR program) and media channels(news article vs. social media) on publics' evaluations in CSR communication". The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 167-190, 2013.
- Goatman, A. K. and Lewis, B. R. "Charity e-volution? An evaluation of the attitudes of UK charities towards website adoption and use." International Journal of Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Marketing, Vol. 12, pp. 33-46, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1002/nvsm.272
- Soo Kyung Kim. "A study on the effects of hotel's corporate social responsibility as influence on organization public relationship, corporate reputation and brand equity: Moderating effects of fit". Doctoral Dissertation, Kyonggi University, 2017.
- Seung Hee Lee, Jae Hong Do, Sang Baek Han and Joon Mo Kang. "Effects of corporate social activities on purchase intention and corporate image: The mediating role of consumer's emotion". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 89-100, 2011.
- Schwartz, D. "Introduction to marketing management: Principles, practices and process". NY: Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Inc, 1995.
- Coombs, W. T. "Crisis management: Advantages of a relational perspective. In J. A. Ledingham & S. D. Bruning (Eds.), Public relations as relationship management: A relational approach to the study and practice of public relations. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrnece Erlbaum Associates, Inc, 2001.
- Woo Sung Chang and Eun Kyoung Han. "A study on the coorientational approaches of the relationship between the corporate identity, image and reputation: Focused on the stakeholders of Samsung, LG, SK". Advertising Research, No. 75, pp. 213-245, 2007.
- Fombrun, C. J. "Reputation: Realizing value from the corporate image". Harvard Business School Press, 1996.
- Grunig, L. A., Grunig, J. E. and Dozier, D. M. "Excellent public relations and effective organizations: A study of communication management in three countries". Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum, 2002.
- Suh Ha Shin, Min Jung Sung and Ja Rim Kim. "The relationship between pereived symmetric communication, organization-employee relationship, corporate reputation, and communication behaviors". Journal of Public Relations, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 1-21, 2016.
- Balmer, J. M. T. "Corporate identity and the advent of corporate marketing." Journal of Marketing Management, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp. 963-996, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1362/026725798784867536
- Gray, E. R. and Balmer, J. M. T. "Managing corporate image and corporate reputation". Long Range Planning, Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 695-702, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0024-6301(98)00074-0
- Bruning, S. D. and Ralston, M. "Using a relational approach to retaining students and building mutually beneficial student-university relationships". Southern Communication Journal, Vol. 66, pp. 337-345, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1080/10417940109373212
- Hutton, J. G. "The definition, dimensions, and domain of public relations". Public Relations Review, Vol. 25, No. 2, p. 211, 1999.
- Chung Hyun Kim and Mi Young Oh. "Relationships between organization-public relationships and image: Interaction between behavioral relationships and symbolic relationships". Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol. 74, No. 2, pp. 78-106, 2003.
- Balmer, J. M. T. and Greyser, S. A. "Managing the multiple identities of the corporation". California Management Reveiw, Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 72-86, 2002. https://doi.org/10.2307/41166133
- Ji Yeun Chang. "Convergence of education and information & communication technology: A study on the communication characteristics of SNS affecting relationship development between professor and student". Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 213-219, 2015.
- Jun Young Go and Keun Ho Lee. "SNS disclosure of personal information in M2M environment threats and countermeasures". Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 29-34, 2014.
- Seung Soo Shin, Mi Yea Shin, Yoon Su Jeong and Ji Hea Lee. "An investigation of social commerce service quality on consumer's satisfaction". Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 27-32, 2015.
- Shin Hyeong Choi. "A study on smart campus information services". Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 79-83, 2016.
- Soo Yeon Kim. "The relationship among online dialogic communication, organization-public relationship building, and online fundraising campaign effects: Analyzing moderating effects of donor types". master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, 2011.