- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A comparative study on creativity according to major of college students: focusing on pre-service early childhood teachers, pre-designers and pre-engineers
대학생의 전공에 따른 창의성 비교 연구 : 예비유아교사, 예비디자이너, 예비공학자를 중심으로
- Kim, Hyoung Jai (Dept. of Early Childhood Education, U1 University) ;
- Lee, Jun Yeon (Dept. of Media Engineering, Tongmyong University) ;
- Eom, Se Jin (Dept. of Child Development & Education, Busan Digital University)
- Received : 2017.03.24
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
The purpose of this study was to analyze the differences of creativity according to major of college students focusing on pre-service early childhood teachers, pre-designers and pre-engineers. The subjects were 132 four grade of university students attending K and T university in Busan, Korea. Data were analyzed with one-way MANOVA to find out the differences of creativity according to their major. Results of this study as follows: first, overall creativity was significantly higher in preliminary designers than pre-service early childhood teachers and pre-engineers. Second, the fluency of pre-service early childhood teachers and pre-designers was significantly higher than that of pre-service engineers. The abstraction was significantly higher in pre-service early childhood teachers than pre-engineers. The elaboration of pre-designers was significantly higher than that of pre-service teachers and pre-engineers. Openness was significantly higher in pre-designers than pre-engineers, and pre-engineers were significantly higher than pre-service early childhood teachers. Therefore, this study suggests that the major in creativity curriculum and program development for college students should be considered, and the results of this study will be used as basic data of the creativity education program.
Creativity;Major;Pre-service early childhood teachers;Pre-designers;Pre-engineers
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- S. S. Shin, H. I. Kim, J. J. Youn. "Vulnerability analysis of the creativity and personality education based on digital convergence curation system". Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol 6, No. 4, pp. 225-234. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.225
- L. S. Kim, "Convergence of information and corporate strategy". Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 17-26. 2015.
- K. H. Lee, O. S. Shin, D. K. Kim, J. M. Tae. "The comparison of university students' core competency and creative personality to promote the confluence education base on the core competency", The Journal of Educational Research, Vol 13. No. 2, pp. 1-24, 2015.
- M. H. Han. "Study on the relationship between job seeking preparation capacity and stress from college life". Journal of convergence for information technology, Vol 7, No. 1, pp. 81-86.
- M. A. Shin, K. S. Ahn, "A study on satisfaction in major and job esteem based on volunteering experience of college students in the department of dental hygiene and nursing", Korean Academy of Dental Hygiene Education, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp. 1090-1100, 2012. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.6.1090
- S. E. Heo, "Convergence Study on Major Satisfaction and Academic Achievement Depending on the Characteristics of Community Service Experience in University students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 4, pp. 85-96, 2016.
- I. J. Lee, K. H. Yun. "Understanding of 21st Century CEO through Nirvana". Korean Society for Management Education Conference proceedings. 2007.
- K. H. Lee, K. H. Lew, E. K. Kim. "The university students' perception on creativity education". The Korean Journal of Educational psychology, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 327-346, 2010.
- M. S. Kim, J. W. Ko. "The influence of students' learning engagement on the perceived creativity competency". The Journal of the Korean Society for the Gifted and Talented, Vol 13, No. 1, pp. 83-106, 2014.
- K. H. Lee, Y. J. Choi. "Creative leadership". Gerard J. Puccio, Mary C. Murdock, Marie Mance. Seoul: Hakjisa, 2014.
- Montgomery, D., Bull, K. S., Baloche, L. "College level creativity course content". Journal of Creative Behavior, Vol 26, pp. 228-234. 1992. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.2162-6057.1992.tb01181.x
- Nickerson, R. S. "Enhancing creativity". In Sternberg, R.-J.: Handbook of Creativity. Cambridge University Press. 1999.
- E. H. Sung, M. K. Shin. "Relationships Between Factors of Creativity in the Field of Architectural Design". Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol 24, No. 8. pp. 41-48, 2008.
- K.H. Lee, E. K. Kim, K. H. Lew. "Creative thinking ability of university students". Korean Society for Creativity Education, Vol 12, No. 1, pp. 29-47. 2012.
- K. W. Jeon. "The effects of creativity training program on creative development in University students". The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 223-253, 1997.
- E. I, Jeong. "Effects of individual and cooperative learning based creativity development programs on college students' creativity". The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 281-297. 2003.
- B. G. Park. "Effect analysis of the college students' creativity education using a liberal-arts course". The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 69-81, 2004.
- S. M. Han, S. Kim, S. H., Park, K. H. Lee E. H. Seong. "Creativity-People, Environment, Strategy ". Seoul: Hakjisa, 2004.
- Wang, S., Peck, K.L., Chern, J. "Difference in time influencing creativity performance between design and management majors". International Journal of Technology and Design Education, Vol 20, Issue 1, pp. 77-93, February 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10798-008-9059-3
- Thomas, K. "Creativity differences between fine arts and science majors". Emory Undergraduate Research Journal, Vol 1, Fall 2005.
- Rubinstein, G. "Authoritarianism and its relation to creativity: A comparative study among students of design, behavioral science and law". Personal and Individual Differences. Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 695-705, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0191-8869(02)00055-7
- E. H. Seong. "Creativity and programs by major". The Journal of Creativity Education, Vol, 6, No. 2, 2003.
- E. H. Seong, M. G. Shin, Y. Y. Han. "Personality and creativity of students in the major of early childhood education and architecture". The Journal of Creativity Education, Vol 13, No. 2, pp. 119-139, 2013.
- I. S. Song, H. S. Kim. "An Exploratory Study of the Establishment of Concept on Creativity". The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol 13, No. 3, pp. 93-117, 1999.
- Y. C. Kim. "Korean Version TTCT-B, Standardized Creativity Test Survey Guideline, 2nd revised edition". Torrance Creativity Korea FPSP/Hyeongok R&D, 2004.
- J. B. Chung, C. S. Park, Y. S. Baek. "Applying TTCT for measuring the creativity of college students and its relationship between the elements of academic achievements". The Korean Journal of Engineering Education Research, Vol 8, No. 4, pp. 40-51, 2005.
- K. S. Lee, D. J. Hwang. "A Study on the Relationship between General Creativity and Mathematical Creativity : Based on the TTCT; Figural A and the MCPSAT; A". J. Korea Soc, Math, Ed. Ser. A: The Mathematical Education, Vol 42, No. 1, pp. 1-9, 2003.
- K. H. Lee, S. H. Park. "The Comparison of University Students' Creativity and Creative Leadership to Promote the Creativity Education in University" The Journal of the Korean Society for the Gifted and Talented, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 59-83, 2014.
- K. H. Lwe. "Group Creativity and Creative Environment by Gender of University Students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 12, pp. 8416-8423, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.12.8416