- Volume 15 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Empirical Study on the Influence on Public Data Usage in Private Business Sectors
민간의 공공데이터 활용을 위한 이용의도에 미치는 영향에 관한 실증적 연구
- Cha, Young-Il (Dept. of IT Policy Management, Graduate School, Soongsil University) ;
- Choi, Sung-Kyou (Dept. of IT Policy Management, Graduate School, Soongsil University) ;
- Han, Kyeong-Seok (Dept. of Business Administration, Soongsil University)
- Received : 2017.03.17
- Accepted : 2017.06.20
- Published : 2017.06.28
The opening of public data has been perceived as a critical factor in deciding a country's rise or fall. Since the global economic crisis, countries around the globe have expanded the supply of public data as a new growth engine to create significant economic effects. As a result, there has been a rising demand for a study on the influence of public data in the private sectors. This study attempted to achieve the following objectives. First, the effects of independent variables-system quality, information quality, information security, social influence, innovation and assistance by the public organization- on the intention to use the public data was examined. Second, the effects of the mediating variables - Perceived Ease of Use (PEU) and Perceived Usefulness (PU) - on the independent variables and intention to use (dependent variable) were investigated. Third, after selecting utilization type, frequency of public data usage and frequency of occupational & e-government service usage as moderating variables, their effects on the relationship between the independent variables and dependent variable (intention to use them in the private sector) were studied. It is expected that the study results would be useful in developing strategies aimed to utilize public data in the private sectors.
Public Data;Public Information;economic effects;Open Data;Perceived Ease of use(PEU);Social Influence;Innovation
- Kim, M, Y. "The Core Module, "Viz-Data" of the User Interface Platform using the Public Data." The Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp.75-82, 2016. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.75
- Kim, M, Y. Seo, D, S. "An Analysis of the Public Data for Making the Ambient Intelligent Service", The Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 12, pp. 313-321, 2014.
- Kim, D, G, Joo, W ,K,. Kim, E, J, and Lee, Y, H. "A Case Study on Classification System Design for Public Sector Information Typology". The Journal of Digital Convergence. Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 51-68, 2014.
- Min, H. H. and Hwang, G, H. "The effect of Privacy Factors on the Provision Intention of Information from the SNS Users", The Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp. 1-12, 2016.
- Park, G, E, and Kim, C, J, "Quality Characteristic of Public Open Data", The Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 10, pp. 135-146, 2015.
- Kim, S, W, "Administration Process Extension and Public Data Convergence Management". The Journal of Digital Convergence. Vol. 13, No. 5, pp.41-49, 2015.
- Jung, G, H. Moon, J ,W., Lee, S, J. Rue, J, Y., Han, E, Y., Wang, J, S. and Seo, H, J. "A Study on Evaluation Model for Public Data Opening and Utilization Performance Measurement" KISDI, 2013.
- Vickery and Graham "Review of recent studies on PSI re-use and related market developments, Information Economics". Paris, 2011
- Kim, Y .M. "A Study on plan for promoting innovation and utilization of information sharing". The Journal of Digital Convergence. Vol. 12, No. 4, pp.43-49, 2014.
- Kang, D, S, "A Study on the Determinants of User Satisfaction of E-Government Services". PHD. dissertation, Sungkyunkwan University. 2000.
- Kim, J, W, "A Study on the Current Legal Issues of the Re-Use of the Public Sector Data in Korea". Lawyers Association Journal. Vol.63 No.4 pp.5-45, 2014.
- Seo, H, J, "Policy Alternatives for User-oriented Public Data Utilization", Journal of Korean Associastion for Regional Information Society, Vol. 17, No, 3, 2014.
- Song, H, J. "Seeking Strategies for Local Governments to Prepare for Public Data Act". Journal of Korean Associastion for Regional Information Society, Vol, 17, No, 2, 2014.
- Kim, H, C, "A Study on Public Data Quality Factors Affecting the Confidence of the Public Data Open Policy", PHD. dissertation, Soongsil University, 2015
- Gwon, Y, M. "A Study on the Effects of Quality of e-Government Services on the Trust of Government in the Era of Government 3.0", PHD, dissertation, Soongsil University, 2014.
- DOI: http://www.data.go.kr