- Volume 29 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Building Energy Saving using Outdoor Air Cooling by Load Prediction
부하예측 외기냉방에 의한 건물에너지 절약에 관한 연구
- Kim, Tae-Ho (Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Yoo, Seong-Yeon (School of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Myung-Ho (Graduate School of Mechanical Engineering, Chungnam National University)
- Received : 2016.10.27
- Accepted : 2016.11.28
- Published : 2017.02.10
The purpose of this study is to develop a control algorithm for outdoor air cooling based on the prediction of cooling load, and to evaluate the building energy saving using outdoor air cooling. Outdoor air conditions such as temperature, humidity, and solar insolation are predicted using forecasted information provided by the meteorological agency, and the building cooling load is predicted from the obtained outdoor air conditions and building characteristics. The air flow rate induced by outdoor air is determined by considering the predicted cooling loads. To evaluate the energy saving, the benchmark building is modeled and simulated using the TRNSYS program. Energy saving by outdoor air cooling using load prediction is found to be around 10% of the total cooling coil load in all locations of Korea. As the allowable minimum indoor temperature is decreased, the total energy saving is increased and approaches close to that of the conventional enthalpy control.
Supported by : 충남대학교
- Kim, S. S., 2012, Comparative analysis of domestic and foreign indoor air quality certification systems, Journal of Korean Institute of Architectural Sustainable Environment and Building Systems, Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 191-196.
- Kim, M. Y., 2011, Energy saving characteristics of enthalpy controlled outdoor air cooling using dynamic simulation, MS thesis, Seoul National University of Science and Technology, Seoul, Korea.
- Suh, J. H., 2013, Energy saving design and effectiveness verification using outdoor air cooling, Magazine of the Society of Air-Conditioning nad Refrigeration Engineers of Korea, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 94-100.
- Kang, Y. D., 2009, An analysis on the economizer cycle of the building HVAC system in terms of incoming outdoor air ratio, MS thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee, S. M., Hong, J. O., Cho, G. Y., Yeo, M. S. and Kim, K. W., 2009, The analysis of free cooling ststus through HVAC operational data survey, Proceeding of Korean Institute of Architectural Sustainable Environment and Building Systems, pp. 279-282.
- Lee, H. W. and Leigh, S. B., 1997, A study on the energy efficient operation of economizer cycle control, Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 545-551.
- Kim, M. Y., Kim, Y. I., and Chung, K. S., 2010, Energy saving characteristics of enthalpy control outdoor air cooling using dynamic simulation, Proceeding of the Society of Air-Conditioning and Refrigerating Engineering of Korea, pp. 1058-1063.
- Yee, J. J. and Kim, S. K., 2009, A study on energyefficient outdoor air supply operation control method of apartment heat recovery ventilation system, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea Planning and Design, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 295-302.
- Seong, N. C., Hong, S. M., Choi, S. K., Yoon, D. W., and Oh, S. H., 2012, Evaluation of applicability of outdoor air cooling using the heat recovery ventilation system in the high-rise residential building, Proceeding of the Society of Korean Institute of Architectural Sustainable Environment and Building Systems, pp. 79-82.
- Kim, M. Y., Kim, Y. I., and Chung, K. S., 2011, Reduction of cooling load using outdoor air cooling, Journal of the Korea Society of Geothermal Energy Engineers, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 51-58.
- Cho, J. K., Jeong, C. S., and Kim, B. S., 2010, Viability of HVAC system for energy conservation in high density internal-load dominated buildings, Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 8, pp. 530-537.
- Cheon, S. H., Kwak, Y. H., and Huh, J. H., 2012, Feasibility study on energy saving of cooling system using outdoor air control strategies, Proceeding of the Society of Air-Conditioning and Refrigerating Engineers of Korea, pp. 438-441.
- Choi, B. E., Kim, H. J., and Cho, Y. H., 2015, A study on performance evaluation of economizer type through simulation in office, Journal of Korean Institute of Architectural Sustainable Environment and Building Systems, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 229-234.
- Son, J. E., Hyun, I. T., Lee, J. H., and Lee, K. H., 2015, Comparison of Cooling-Energy Performance Depending on the Economizer-Control Methods in an Office Building, Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 8, pp. 432-439. https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2015.27.8.432
- Shin, J. H. and Cho, Y. H., 2016, A study on operation and improvement of economizer in office building, Proceeding of the Architectural Institute of Korea, pp. 229-230.
- Kim, J. K., 2003, Research on intelligent building systems, MS thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea.
- ASHRAE Standard 55 Thermal Environmental Conditions for Human Occupancy, 2004.