- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
An Empirical Study on Evaluation of Agricultural Machinery Expo Using IPA Analysis
IPA 분석을 통한 농기계박람회 평가에 관한 실증연구
- Kwon, Se-In (Department of Business Administration, Dankook University) ;
- Yang, Jong-Gon (Department of Business Administration, Dankook University)
- Received : 2017.03.28
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
This empirical study evaluated the 2016 Cheonan KIEMSTA(Korea International Exhibition of Machinery, Equipment, Science and Technology for Agriculture) based on an exhibitor's view. A total of 15 items of importance and performance were selected and 4 quadrants were analyzed for further analysis. The results revealed the following significant factors:concentration region with generating sales, exploring market opportunities in a new region, and meeting key decision makers; the Overkill region with collecting information regarding thecompetitor's product, demonstrating thecompany's capability, increasing staff's trade show experience, and training the sales teams; Low priority region with discovering new products, exploring export opportunities in a foreign market, and gaining an edge over competitors who are not exhibiting; and Keep up the work region bymaintaining relationships with existing customers, collecting market information, benchmarking competitor's position, introducing new product, and motivating sales people.
Empirical Study;Firm;Trade Show;Exhibition;Importance-Performance Analysis(IPA);Korea International Exhibition of Machinery Equipment;Science and Technology for Agriculture(KIEMSTA)
- C. S. Kim, "An Analysis of Event Tourist Characteristics in KOREA Floritopia Site 2002 Anmyon-do", Journal of Tourism Management Research, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 89-108, 2002.
- J. J. Park, C. S. Kim, "The Importance Performance Analysis(IPA) of an Exhibition Visitor, from a Viewpoint of Social Exchange Theory", International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 101-119, 2008.
- Morrow, S. L., The Art of the Show, IAEM Foundation, Dallas, Texas, 2002.
- J. C. Sim, J. P. Lim, "Impacts of the Visiting Purposes to Overseas International Exhibition on the Visitor's Satisfaction", International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 223-241, 2008.
- J. T. Kim, "Analysis of Objectives and Potential for Anmyeondo Tourism Development with the Opening of Seohaean Expressway", Journal of Tourism Management Research, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 49-71, 2005.
- Hansen, K., "The Dual Motives of Participants at International Trade Shows: An Empirical Investigation of Exhibitors and Visitors with Selling Motives", International Marketing Review, vol. 13, no. 2, pp. 39-53, 1996. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1108/02651339610115764 https://doi.org/10.1108/02651339610115764
- Black, R., The Trade Show Industry: Management and Marketing Career Opportunities, Trade Show Bureau, 1986.
- Cavanaugh, S., "Setting Objectives and Evaluating the Effectiveness of Trade Show Exhibits", The Journal of Marketing, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 100-103, 1976. DOI: http://doi.org/10.2307/1251076 https://doi.org/10.2307/1251076
- Bonoma, T. V., "Get More Out of Your Trade Shows", Harvard Business Review, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 75-83, 1983. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1225/83101 https://doi.org/10.1225/83101
- J. G. Yang, J. G. Kim, "An Empirical Study on Visitor's Sastisfaction and Revisiting Intention of EXPO Using Path Analysis: Focused on Cheonan Well-being Food Expo", Journal of Korea Academic-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 1820-1828, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1820 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.5.1820
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V. A., Berry, L. L., "Servqual: A Multiple-item Scale for Measuring Consumer Perc", Journal of Retailing, vol. 64, no. 1, p. 12, 1988.
- Y. H. Roh, K. N. Kim, "The Study on the Impacts of which the Evaluation of Perceived Service Quality Affected Behavior Intention and Satisfaction in Trade Shows", Journal of Tourism Management Research, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 107-126, 2004.
- K. D. Park, I. S. Lee, "The Effects of Quality Evaluation and Loyalty of Food and Tourism Expo Exhibitor's: Using factors of Involvement as Mediators", International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 331-349, 2011.
- S. M. Yoon, Y. H. Roh, "A Study on the Effects of Visitors' Motivations and Satisfaction to Exhibitions and Trade show on behavioral Intentions: A Case Study of Busan International Motor Show 2003", Journal of Tourism and Leisure, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 43-61, 2005.
- K. H. Min, "A Study on the Effects of Food Tourism Expo Audiences Motivation Factor on Satisfaction and Behavioral Intention", Korean Journal of Tourism Research, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 375-391, 2013.
- I. S. Lee, S. W. Lee, "The Effects of Attraction Attributes and Image of Food and Tourism Expo Participants on Satisfaction", International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 345-361, 2011.
- S. S. Jeoung, J. Y. Lee, "A Study the Relationship among Satisfaction with Exhibition, Tourism Image and Tourism Attitude: The Case of 2011 Oriental Medicine Bio Exhibition in Jechoon", International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 179-196, 2012.
- Martilla, J. A., James, J. C., "Importance- Performance Analysis", The Journal of Marketing, vol. 44, no. 1, pp. 77-79. 1977. DOI: http://doi.org/10.2307/1250495 https://doi.org/10.2307/1250495
- Hemmit, W. E., Bixler, R., Noe, F. P., "Going Beyond Important Performance Analysis to Analyze the Observance-influence of Park Impact", Journal of Park and Recreation Administration, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 45-62, 1996.
- Hudson, S., Shephard, G. W., "Measuring Service Quality at Tourist Destinations: An Application of Importance-Performance Analysis to an Alpine Ski Resort", Journal of Travel and Tourism Marketing, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 61-77, 1998. DOI: http://doi.org10.1300/J073v07n03_04 https://doi.org/10.1300/J073v07n03_04
- K. Y. Kong, "Evaluation of Leisure Activity using the IPA Method", Korean Journal of Tourism Research, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 285-303, 2006.
- Chu, R. K., Choi, T., "An Importance- Performance Analysis of Hotel Selection Factors in the Hong Kong Hotel Industry: A Comparison of Business and Leisure Travellers", Tourism Management, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 363-377, 2000. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-5177(99)00070-9 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-5177(99)00070-9
- Eskildsen, J. K., Kristensen, K., "Enhancing Importance-Performance Analysis", International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 40-60, 2006. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1108/17410400610635499 https://doi.org/10.1108/17410400610635499
- Yavas, U., Shemwell, D. J., "Modified Importance-Performance Analysis: An Application to Hospitals", International Journal of Health Care Quality Assurance, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 104-110, 2001. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1108/09526860110391568 https://doi.org/10.1108/09526860110391568
- Yeo, A. Y., "Examining a Singapore Bank's Competitive Superiority using Importance-Performance Analysis", Journal of American Academy of Business, vol. 3, no. 1/2, pp. 155-161, 2003.
- O'Neill, M. A., Palmer, A., "Importance- Performance Analysis: A Useful Tool for Directing Continuous Quality Improvement in Higher Education", Quality Assurance in Education, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 39-52. 2004. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1108/09684880410517423 https://doi.org/10.1108/09684880410517423
- M. S. Kim, D. Y. Kim, "An Empirical Study on the Selection Attributes of Exhibitor at Trade Convention using an Importance-Performance Analysis", International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 237-250, 2006.
- Whitfield, J., Webber, D. J., "Which Exhibition Attributes Create Repeat Visitation?", International Journal of Hospitality Management, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 439-447, 2011. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2010.07.010 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhm.2010.07.010
- Tafesse, W., Korneliussen, T., Skallerud, K., "Importance Performance Analysis as a Trade Show Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking Tool", Journal of Convention and Event Tourism, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 314-328, 2010. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1080/15470148.2010.533106 https://doi.org/10.1080/15470148.2010.533106
- Shi, W., Evaluating International Trade Show Performance, Doctoral Dissertation, The Pennsylvania State University, 2013.
- Hansen, K., "Measuring Performance at Trade Shows: Scale Development and Validation", Journal of Business Research, vol. 57, no. 1, pp. 1-13, 2004. DOI:http://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(02)00269-2 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0148-2963(02)00269-2
- Tafesse, W., Korneliussen, T., "The Dimensionality of Trade Show Performance in an Emerging Market", International Journal of Emerging Markets, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 38-49, 2011. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1108/17468801111104368 https://doi.org/10.1108/17468801111104368
- Nunnally, J. C, Psychometric Theory, 2nd Ed., McGraw-hill, New York, 1978.
- J. H. Kim, "A Study on Evaluation of Tourist Satisfaction of Regional Festival: Applied Importance Performance Analysis", Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Studies, vol. 27, no. 1, pp. 160-173, 2007.
- Hoe, S. L., "Issues and Procedures in Adopting Structural Equation Modeling Technique", Journal of Applied Quantitative Methods, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 76-83, 2008.
- Chen, C. F., Tsai, D., "How Destination Image and Evaluative Factors Affect Behavioral Intentions?", Tourism Management, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 1115-1122, 2007. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2006.07.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2006.07.007
- Yong, A. G., Pearce, S., "A Beginner's Guide to Factor Analysis: Focusing on Exploratory Factor Analysis", Tutorials in Quantitative Methods for Psychology, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 79-94, 2013. DOI: http://doi.org/10.20982/tqmp.09.2.p079 https://doi.org/10.20982/tqmp.09.2.p079
- J. G. Yang, "Comparative Study on the Satisfaction Factors of 2009 and 2013 Cheonan Well-being Food Expos", Journal of Korea Academic-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 5513-5524, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.9.5513 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.9.5513