- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Factors Related Self-Care Behavior among Liver Cirrhosis Patients: Focusing on Disease Knowledge and Family Support
간경변증 환자의 자가간호 행동 관련 요인: 질병 지식과 가족지지를 중심으로
- Park, HaeJin (Department of Nursing, Ulsan University Hospital) ;
- Shin, Yeonghee (College of Nursing Keimyung University Research Institute for Nursing)
- Received : 2017.02.10
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
This study examined the associations among the factors related to self-care behavior in patients with liver cirrhosis, focusing on disease knowledge and family support. The subjects were 120 liver cirrhosis patients recruited from the medical out-patient clinic of ageneral hospital in the U metropolitan city during the period of June-August, 2015. The data were analyzed with SPSS(Version 21) program. The results showed that the average scores of disease knowledge was
Alcohol drinking;Knowledge;Liver cirrhosis;Self-care;Social support
- Statistics Korea, Statistical Information Report: Cause of Death [Internet]. Daejeon: Statistics Korea, c2016 [cited 2016 December], Available from: http://meta.narastat.kr/metasvc/svc/SvcMetaDcDtaPopup.do?orgId=101&confmNo=101054&kosisYn=Y.(accessed Jan. 17, 2017)
- S. L. Friedman, "Molecular Regulation of Hepatic Fibrosis, an Integrated Cellular Response to Tissue Injury", Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 275, no. 4, pp. 2247-2250, 2000. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.275.4.2247 https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.275.4.2247
- M. Pinzani, M. Rosselli, M. Zuckermann, "Liver Cirrhosis", Best Practice & Research Clinical Gastroenterology, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 281-290, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpg.2011.02.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bpg.2011.02.009
- Korean Association for Study of the Liver, "Liver Cirrhosis Clinical Research Center, Update", Korean Association for Study of the Liver, 2011.
- D. W. Jeon, "Bacterial Infection in Cirrhosis: Pathogenesis", Korean Association for Study of the Liver. Single Topic Symposium, vol. 2012, no. 2, pp. 13-20, 2012.
- K. A. Son, Y. S. Kim, M. H. Hong, M. A. Jeong, "Analysis of the Medication Compliance of Hypertensives and its Influential Factors", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 141-155, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.9.141 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.9.141
- Y. J. Jeong, J. H. Park, "The Effects of the Stroke on the Health Knowledge, Optimistic Bias and Health-Promoting Lifestyle in Middle-Aged Adults", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 9, pp. 141-155, 2016. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/kais.2016.17.9.141 https://doi.org/10.5762/kais.2016.17.9.141
- K. S. Jung, H. S. Min, "The Relations among Self-Care, Symptom Experiences, and Disease Status of the Patient with Liver Cirrhosis", Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 318-328, 2007.
- S. H. Im, K. S. Choi, "Study of Experiences of Patients with Liver Cirrhosis and Spouses", Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 309-323, 1996.
- M. L. Volk, N. Fisher, R. J. Fontana, "Patient Knowledge about Disease Self-Management in Cirrhosis", American Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 108, no. 3, pp. 302-305, 2013. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1038/ajg.2012.214 https://doi.org/10.1038/ajg.2012.214
- C. J. Ryan, J. J. Zerwic, "Knowledge of Symptom Clusters among Adults at Risk for Acute Myocardial Infarction", Nursing Research, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 363-369, 2004. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/00006199-200411000-00004 https://doi.org/10.1097/00006199-200411000-00004
- B. S. Hulka, L. L. Kupper, J. C. Cassel, R. L. Efird, "Medication Use and Misuse: Physician-Patient Discrepancies", Journal of Chronic Diseases, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 7-21, 1975. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9681(75)90045-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9681(75)90045-4
- B. H. Kaplan, J. C. Cassel, S. Gore, "Social Support and Health", Medical Care, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 47-58, 1977. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-197705001-00006 https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-197705001-00006
- Y. O. Kim, "A Study of Factors Predicting Self-Care Behavior in Diabetics", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 625-637, 1998. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.19126.96.36.1995 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.19188.8.131.525
- H. M. Son, "The Relationships of Illness Intrusiveness and Quality of Life in Chronic Liver Disease Patients", Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 501-509, 2002.
- S. H. Kim, "Factors Influencing Symptom Experience in Patients with Liver Cirrhosis", Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 248-258, 2005.
- N. Y. Kim, "The Influence of Family Support on Self-Care and Disease Status of the Patient with Liver Cirrhosis", Ewha Woman's University, Master's Thesis, 2003.
- E. H. Kil, "Differences in Adherence to Self - Care, Drug Compliance, and Knowledge of Heart Failure Based on Rehospitalization of Heart Failure Patients", Eulji University, Master's Thesis, 2013.
- J. S. Ross, J. Chen, Z. Q. Lin, H. Bueno, J. P. Curtis, P. S. Keenan, et al., "Recent National Trends in Readmission Rates After Heart Failure Hospitalization", Circulation. Heart Failure, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 97-103, 2010. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1161/circheartfailure.109.885210 https://doi.org/10.1161/circheartfailure.109.885210
- S. J. Eum, "Effect of The Structured Education for Knowledge of Hepatitis B Type and Self Care Behavior in Chronic Hepatitis B Patients", Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 65-79, 1998.
- J. E. Heo, "Influences of Family-Participating Patient-Education on Liver Cirrhosis Patients Disease-Knowledge and Self-Care Behavior", Ewha Woman's University, Master's Thesis, 2003.
- Educational Assessment Corporation, KR(20) [Internet], Available from: http://edassess.net/eacs/kr20.aspx[accessed201703-04].
- C. F. Waltz, O. Strickland, E. R. Lenz, "Measurement in Nursing and Health Research", Springer Pub., 2010.
- Y. S. Tae, "A study on The Correlation Between Perceived Social Support and Depression of The Cancer Patients", Ewha Woman's University, Master's Thesis, 1985.
- J. Raubenheimer, "An Item Selection Procedure to Maximize Scale Reliability and Validity", Journal of Industrial Psychology, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 59-64, 2004. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4102/sajip.v30i4.168 https://doi.org/10.4102/sajip.v30i4.168
- D. E. Orem, "Nursing:Concepts of Practice", Mosby, 2001.
- S. H. Kim, "Hepatitis B Therapeutic Relationship with the Knowledge and Implementation of the Family Support and to Recognize Hepatitis", Yeonsei University, Master's Thesis, 1989.
- H. O. Bae, S. L. Seo, "Effect of Structured Information Provided on Knowledge and Self Care Behavior of Liver Cirrhosis Patients", Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 476-485, 2001.
- H. N. Park, M. H. Kim, J. H. Park, "The Relationships between Self-Care Knowledge and Compliance of Ischemic Stroke Patients with Diabetics", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 11, pp. 7513-7523, 2015. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/kais.2015.16.11.7513 https://doi.org/10.5762/kais.2015.16.11.7513
- C. Bunchorntavakul, N. Chamroonkul, D. Chavalitdhamrong, "Bacterial Infections in Cirrhosis: A Critical Review and Practical Guidance", World Journal of Hepatology, vol. 8, no. 6, pp. 307, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4254/wjh.v8.i6.307 https://doi.org/10.4254/wjh.v8.i6.307
- L. Groenkjaer, "Oral Care in Hepatology Nursing: Nurses' Knowledge and Education", Gastroenterology Nursing, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 22-30, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/SGA.0000000000000086 https://doi.org/10.1097/SGA.0000000000000086
- J. S. Lim, D. G. Oh, Y. J. Lee, H. K. Kim, J. H. Yoon, "Developing the Policy Guidance for Psychosocial Support Services in Long Term Chronic Disease Patients", Report of Ministry of Health and Welfare, pp. 2, 2011.
- N. Y. Kim, O. S. Kim, "Family Support, Alcohol Consumption and Drinking Motives in Patients with Liver Cirrhosis", Journal of Korean Academic Society Adult Nursing, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 295-304, 2007.
- S. Cobb, "Social Support as a Moderator of Life Stress", Psychosomatic Medicine, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 300-314, 1976. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/00006842-197609000-00003 https://doi.org/10.1097/00006842-197609000-00003
- A. Fengler, N. Goodrich, "Wives of Elderly Disabled Men: The Hidden Patients", The Gerontologist, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 175-183, 1979. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/19.2.175 https://doi.org/10.1093/geront/19.2.175
- E. J. Lee, E. Park, "Predictors of Self-Care Behaviors among Elderly with Hypertension using Quantile Regression Method", Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 273-282, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2015.27.3.273 https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2015.27.3.273
- H. A. Surucu, D. B. Besen, E. Y. Erbil, "Empowerment and Social Support as Predictors of Self-Care Behaviors and Glycemic Control in Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes", Clinical Nursing Research, Jan 1, 2017. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1177/1054773816688940 https://doi.org/10.1177/1054773816688940