- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study of EEG Characteristics by auditory stimuli of Emotional music
감정 음악별 청각자극에 따른 뇌파특성 연구
- Choi, Nam-Sook (Dept. of Neuroscience Seoul University of Buddhism) ;
- Im, Giyong (Dept. of Neuroscience Seoul University of Buddhism) ;
- Jung, Chul-Woo (Dept. of Neuroscience Seoul University of Buddhism) ;
- Lee, Hyeob-Eui (Dept. of Neuroscience Seoul University of Buddhism) ;
- Wi, Hyun-Wook (Dept. of Neuroscience Seoul University of Buddhism) ;
- Park, Pyong-Woon (Dept. of Neuroscience Seoul University of Buddhism)
- 최남숙 (서울불교대학원대학교 뇌과학전공) ;
- 임기용 (서울불교대학원대학교 뇌과학전공) ;
- 정철우 (서울불교대학원대학교 뇌과학전공) ;
- 이협의 (서울불교대학원대학교 뇌과학전공) ;
- 위현욱 (서울불교대학원대학교 뇌과학전공) ;
- 박병운 (서울불교대학원대학교 뇌과학전공)
- Received : 2017.03.27
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
The purpose of this study was to compare how three kinds of emotionally different music impacted on the emotion and arousal by measuring EEG. The research method was to compare the measurement of the background EEG on Fp1 and Fp2 before, while and after listening using a 2-channel EEG device with various experimental groups aging from 20s to 50s. The results were as follows. 1) At both Fp1 and Fp2, the amplitude of alpha(8-13Hz), SMR(12-15Hz), low beta, high beta, and
- O. Y. Kwon, "Musical studies as a function of the brain, listening to music theory", Music and Korea vol. 220, no. 9, 1996.
- Hinrich, V. D., Music therapy, siyoos, 1995.
- S. M. Park, Y. H. Lee, K. E Ko, K. B Sim, "Development of EEG Signals Measurement and Analysis Method based on Timbre", Korean Institute of Intelligent Systems, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 388-393, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2010.20.3.388 https://doi.org/10.5391/JKIIS.2010.20.3.388
- C. S. Ryu, S. H. Kim, S. H. park, M. C. Whang, "An estimation of the correlation dimension for the EEG in emotional states evoked by Auditory stimuli" journal of KIISE(B), vol. 25, no. 2, 1997.
- S. H, Seo, S. D. Jang, B. H. Kim, "The Responce of EEG asymmetry and ERP by Auditory Stressor" Journal of The Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, pp. 959-961, 2014.
- S. T. Seo. "The Effect of Popular Music's Tempos on EEG in University Students", The Department of Physical Education Graduate School of University of Incheon, 2010.
- Salame, P., & Baddeley, A. "Effects of background music on phonological short term memory" Recordings of The Experimental Psychology Society, 41, pp. 107-123, 1989. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/14640748908402355 https://doi.org/10.1080/14640748908402355
- Smith, C., & Morris, L. W. "Effect of stimulative and sedative music on cognitive and emotional of anxiety" Psychological Report, 8, pp. 1187-1193, 1976. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.1976.38.3c.1187 https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.1976.38.3c.1187
- S. W. Jang, H. C. Lee, "The Effect of Musical Genre on Mental Focusing" The Korean Psychological Association, pp. 262-263, 2008.
- S. W. Byun, S. M. Lee, S. P. Lee, "EEG signal Pattern analysis for emotion classification according to music listening", The Korean Institule of Electrical Engineers, pp. 54-57, 2014.
- Franklin, E., & Baumgarte, R. "Auditory laterality effects for meiodic stimuli among musicians and nonmusicians," Journal of Research in Music Education.vol. 26, pp. 48-56 1978. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/3344789 https://doi.org/10.2307/3344789
- Gaser C., & Schlung, G. "Brain Structurss Differ between Musicians and Non-Musicians," The Joural of Neuroscience, vol. 23, no. 27, pp. 9240-5, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1523/JNEUROSCI.23-27-09240.2003
- Jentschke, S., Koelsch, S., & Friederici, A. "Investigating the Relationship of Music and Language in Children," Annal of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 1060, pp. 231-42, 2005. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1196/annals.1360.016 https://doi.org/10.1196/annals.1360.016
- Cohen, H., Levy, J. J., & Mcshane, D. "Hemispheric specialization for speech and non-verbal stimuli in Chinese and French Canadian subjects," Neuropsychologia, vol. 27, pp. 241-5, 1989. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0028-3932(89)90175-9 https://doi.org/10.1016/0028-3932(89)90175-9
- E. Y. Kim, "The Effects of Musical Stimulus on EEG Spectra of Listeners",Major of Clinical Music Therapy Graduate School of Music Therapy Sookmyung Women's University, 2004.
- Y. J. Kim, "Development of Brain Circulation Learning Model Based on EEG Analysis of Learning Activities", Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Seoul National University, 2000.
- D. S. Kim, J. W. Choi, EEG Analysis, Koryo Medicine. 2001.
- P. W. Park, "Interpretation Method of EEG", Korea Research Institute of Jungsin Science, 2005.
- E. J. Kwon, "The influence of Music Tempo on Arousal, Shooting Performance and brain wave during Free Performance Routine", Department of Physical Education Graduate School of Kyungpook National University, 2010.
- C. W. Jung, H. E. Lee, H. W. Wi, N. S. Choi, P. W. Park, "Study on the Characteristics of EEG in Resting State on Visuo-Spatial Working Memory Performance", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 351-360, 2016. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.4.351 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2016.17.4.351
- D. H. Moon, J. H. Yang, Y. W. Kim, H. J. Kang, "The Effect on Electroencephalogram by the Stimuli of Musics and Acoustic Vibrations", The Korean Society For Power System Engineering, pp. 358-364, 2007.
- Cook, R. B. "Left-right differences in the perception of dichotically presented musical stimuli", Journal of Music Theraoy, vol. 10, no. 2 pp. 59-63, 1973. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/jmt/10.2.59 https://doi.org/10.1093/jmt/10.2.59
- Gordon, H. W. (1970). "Hemispheric asymmetries in the perception of musicical chords", Cortex; 6: pp. 387-98, 1970. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-9452(70)80003-X https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-9452(70)80003-X
- Milner, B,"Laterality effects in audition", In Interhemispheric Relations and Cerebral Dominance. V. Mountcatl; Johns Hopkins University Press, pp. 177-95, 1962.
- M. C. Whang, J. H. Sohn, C. J. Kim, "Study for Variational Characteristics of Brain According to Human Emotion : Human Emotion by Auditory Perception," Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 609-619, 1997.
- Coan J. A, Allen JJB. "Frontal EEG asymmetry as a moderator and mediator of emotion", Biol. Psychol., vol. 67, pp. 7-49, 2004. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biopsycho.2004.03.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biopsycho.2004.03.002