- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The estimation of selection probability on the preference of unbundled parking system and sales discount rate -targeted for the public apartment residents in Seoul-
공동주택 주차장 분리분양제의 선호 및 분양 할인율에 대한 선택 확률 추정 -서울시 공동주택 입주민을 대상으로-
- Chung, Sang-Woon (Graduate School of Urban Studies, Hanyang University) ;
- Rho, Jung-Hyun (Graduate School of Urban Studies, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2017.03.15
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
The study examinesthe hindrance factors including various laws and institutions with regard to the Unbundled Parking System (UPS) that has recently attracted the greatest attention as a way to manage traffic demand for sustainable development, efficient utilization of parking spaces, and to overcome the unstable housing market.The direction of improvement of related laws and institutions is also suggested. Its usage is proven by countries such as the United States of America and France, as they have already implemented this institution. To lay the foundation for the introduction of UPS of our own country, a survey on the preference for UPS was conducted. The survey equally divided 300 respondents into three clusters based on the sales price of apartments in Seoul. The analyses revealed that all three clusters have similar preferences (cluster 1: 68%, cluster 2: 62%, cluster 3: 65%) on UPS, and younger groups seem to answer in the affirmative more than the other age groups no matter what cluster they belong to. In conclusion, the results on the estimation of selection probability on the preference of unbundled parking system and sales discount rate are as follow. The groups of non-vehicle users have higher preference on UPS. When the discount rate is 14%, 69%, 77% and 62%ofrespondents would choose unbundled parking system for clusters 1, 2 and 3, respectively (￦6,370,000/PY,￦3,930,000/PY and ￦2,270,000/PY reduce when applying avg. sales price, respectively).
- Luke H. Klipp, "The real costs of San Francisco's Off-Street Residential Parking Requirements", 2004.
- Todd Litman, "Parking Requirement Impacts on Housing Affordability", Victoria Transport Policy Institute, 2009.
- Todd Litman, "Parking Management Strategies, Evaluation and Planning", Victoria Transport Policy Institute, 2008.
- Richard Wilson. "Parking Policy for TOD : Lesson for Cities Transit Agencies, and Development" 2005
- Wenyu Jia, "University of California Transportation Center", University of California Transportation Center, 1998.
- H. S. Kwon, D. W. Bang, "Effects of Demand-Side Housing Policies on New Apartment Unsold Rates", Journal of the Korea Real Estate Analysts Association, vol. 22, no. 2, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.19172/kreaa.22.2.1 https://doi.org/10.19172/kreaa.22.2.1
- K. H. Ahn, J. W. Seo, A. R. Kim, "A Study on the Unbundled Parking Strategy and Price-Models on Parking Fee in Apartment Complex", Journal of Korea Planning Association, vol. 41, no. 5, 2006.
- Korea Institute of Finance, "Shared Economy in Asia and Its Implications in Recent Years", Vision, Insight and Policy, vol. 23, no. 33, pp. 20-21, 2014.
- S. W. Park, "Parking Management Strategies and Implications", The Korea Transport Institute, pp. 1-98, 2010.
- T. K. Kim, W. H. Byun and Y. H. Lee, "A Study on a Method to Construct Green Arterial Transportation Systems into Boguemjari Housing Areas", Land & Housing Institute, 2011.
- K. S. Kim, "A study on the Stated Preference Research Design and Analyzing Methodology (1,2)", The Korea Transport Institute, 2001.
- S. G. Kim, "Construction of car-free housing site and measurement of residents' utility : the case of national rental housing site, Korea", Hanyang Graduate school of land and urban studies, 2010.