- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Measurement on the Economic Effects of Facility Modernization Policy for Improvement of Fruits Quality
과수고품질 시설현대화사업의 정책성과 측정 연구
- Park, Mi-Sung (Dept. of Agricultural Outlook in Korea Rural Eoconomic Institute) ;
- Kim, Bae-Sung (Dept. of Applied Economics, SARI in Jeju National University/Research Institute for Subtropical Agriculture and Animal Biotechnology)
- Received : 2017.03.16
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
The facility modernization policy has been established to improve fruits quality and to increase fruits yield per acreage. The fruit production quantity of farms joined in the policy was increased. Therefore, many fruit farms want to participate in the policy. The government has subsidized fruit farms to modernize their facilities such as rain proof, drainage way, frost proof, etc. This study analyzes the performance of the facility modernization policy focused on apple, eastern pear, and grape cultivation sector. One hundred apple farms, one hundred eastern pear farms, and 91 grape farms were surveyed. The performance of the policy was reviewed using analytical technique such as Covariate Matching and Propensity Score Matching and several policy implications were suggested.
Covariate Matching;Economic Effect;Facility Modernization Policy;Fruits Quality;Propensity Score Matching
Supported by : 제주대학교
- Becker, S. O., A. Ichino, "Estimation of Average Treatment Effects Based on Propensity Scores", The Stata Journal, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 358-377, 2002.
- Caliendo, M., S. Kopeinig, "Some Practical Guidance for the Implementation of Propensity Score Matching", Journal of Economics Surveys, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 31-72. 2008. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-6419.2007.00527.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-6419.2007.00527.x
- Heckman, J. J., H. Ichimura, P. E. Todd, "Matching as a Econometrics Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluation a Job Training Programme", Review of Economic Studies, vol. 64, pp. 605-654, 1997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/2971733 https://doi.org/10.2307/2971733
- KREI, Performance Measurement of 2014 Farmer Service Policies for FTA Implication, Farmer Service Center for FTA Implication, Korea Rural Economic Institute, 2015.
- Leuven, E., B. Sianesi, PSMATCH2: Stata module to perform full mahalanobis and propensity score matching, common support graphing, and covariate imbalance testing. 2003.
- Park, M. S., Ahn, B.I, "Effect of Dietary Regularity on Adult Obesity", Rural Economy, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 79-122, 2016.
- Rosenbaum, P. R., D. B. Rubin, "The Central Role of the Propensity Score in Observational Studies for Causal Effects," Biometrika, vol. 70, no. 1, pp. 41-55, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1093/biomet/70.1.41