- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Relationship among Internal Marketing, Service Orientation, and Hospital Image: The Moderating Effect of Self-Efficacy
내부마케팅, 서비스지향성, 병원이미지간의 관계: 자기효능감의 조절효과
- Shin, Seung-Hee (Department of Business Administration, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Chung, Ki-Han (Department of Business Administration, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2017.04.05
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
There has recently been increased recognition of the significance of internal marketing activity towards hospitals; however, few studies have investigated internal marketing towards hospitals. Therefore, this study was conducted to examine the impacts of internal marketing and service orientation on hospital image and to focus on the moderating effect of self-efficacy. The main results were as follows. First, empowerment, education training, and leadership of internal marketing positively affect service orientation, with leadership having the greatest influence. Conversely, internal communication and reward do not affect service orientation. Second, service orientation positively affects hospital image, indicating that an influencing relationship between the two factors is formed. Third, the moderating effects of self-efficacy towards the relationship between internal marketing and service orientation is not significant an alpha level of 0.05. However, overall internal marketing in the high group of self-efficacy has a greater effect on service orientation than that in the low group. Thus, the managers should enhance internal marketing and service orientation to increase hospital image, and motivate employees to have self-efficacy.
Hospital Image;Internal Marketing;Self Efficacy;Service Orientation;University Hospital
- J. Y, Lim, "An Analysis of Internal Marketing Activities affecting on Nurse's Motivation: Based on Herzberg's Motivation-Hygiene Factor Theory", The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 5-13. 2006.
- J. L. Heskett, T. O. Jones, G. W. Loveman, E. S. Jr, L. A. Schlesinger, "Putting the service-profit chain to work", Harvard Business Review, vol. 72, no. 2, pp. 164-174. 1994.
- P. Kotler, Marketing Management : Analysis, Planing, Implementation, and Control, 6th Ed. Englewood Clffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, Inc. 1988.
- K. S. Cho, H. J. Lee, S. H. Chung, "Job Satisfaction and Performance for the Employees in National University Hospitals", Korean Society of Hospital Management, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 190-207, 1999.
- K. H. Jeong, H. Y. Jang, "An Effect of Internal Marketing on Marketing Orientation, Customer Satisfaction." Journal of Global Scholars of Marketing Science, vol. 11, pp. 103-128, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/12297119.2003.9707332
- B. Schneider, D. F. Bowen, "The Service Organization: Human Resources Management is Crucial," Organizational Dynamics , vol. 21, no. 43, pp. 39-52, 1993. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(93)90032-V https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(93)90032-V
- J. R. Youn, J. S. Jang, " This Business of Medical Institutions and the Impact on Service-Oriented", Korea Journal of Business Administration, vol. 25, no. 2. pp. 859-878, 2012.
- K. S. Shin, D. W. Yang, "The Empirical Study on Relationship between Entrepreneurship, Service Orientation and Venture's Success in Restaurant Business", Korea Journal of Business Administration, vol. 20, no. 6, pp. 2639-2666, 2007.
- Yavas, U, E. Babakus, "Relationships between Organizational Support, Customer Orientation, and Work Outcomes" International Journal of Bank Marketing, vol. 28, No 3, pp. 222-238. 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/02652321011036477 https://doi.org/10.1108/02652321011036477
- C. J. Choi, K. H. Lee, "Structural Causal Relations in Explaining Relationships between Internal Marketing, Service Orientation, Service Commitment and Employees'loyalty in Electric Service Products Setting", Korea Journal of Business Administration, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 1943-1959, 2014.
- Kotler P, Keller KL. Marketing management. 2nd custom ed, Upper Saddle River (NJ): Prentice Hall, 2006.
- J. Y. Kim, K. S. Choi, "The Causal Relationship Among Medical Service Orientation, Hospital Image and Hospital Performance", Korean Academic Society of Accounting, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 281-304, 2005.
- H. J. Ko, "The Effects of Service Orientation on Public Service Performance", A master's degree Kyonggi University, 2004.
- U. Yavas, D. Schemwel, "Bank image exposition and illustration of correspondence analysis", International Journal of Bank Marketing, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 192-200, 1996.
- A. Bandura, I. A. Baum, S. Newman, J. Wienman, R. West, C. McManus, "Cambridge Handbook of Psychology, Health and Medicine : Self-Efficacy and Health Behaviour" Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/02652329610105288
- C. W. Lee, "The Mediating Effect of Self-Efficicy in the Relationship between Hospital Employee's Job Placement and Individual Performance", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 113-121, 2014. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.113 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.113
- H. R. Lee, S. H. Lee, J. Y. Sim, "The Effect Flight Attendants' Self-Leadership on Service Orientation: Focus on the Mediating Effect of Self-Efficacy", Journal of the Aviation Management Society Of Korea, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 3-26, 2013.
- Anderson J. C, Gerbing D, W, " Structural equation modeling in practice :A review and recommended two-step approach", Psychological Bulletin, vol. 103, no. 3, pp. 411-423. 1988. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.103.3.411 https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.103.3.411
- J. Ha, S. Jang, "The effects of Dining Atmospherics on Behavioral Intentions through Quality Perception", Journal of Service Marketing, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 204-215. 2012. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1108/08876041211224004 https://doi.org/10.1108/08876041211224004
- K. H. Chung, J. I. Shin, "The Relationship among Service Orientation, Service Quality, Image, Customer Satisfaction, and Behavioral Intention" Korea Internet e-commerce Association, vol. 15, no. 3, pp. 235-250, 2015.
- H. S. Lee, "The Impact of Hospital Selection Factors between Internal and External Customers on Hospital Image", Health Policy and Management, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 281-288, 2013. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2013.23.3.281 https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2013.23.3.281