- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Semi-Fowler's position on Post-Operative Recovery and Pain for Patients with Laparoscopic Abdominal Surgery
복강경 수술 후 반좌위가 수술회복성과 통증에 미치는 영향
- Choi, Un Jong (Department of Surgery, School of Medicine, Wonkwang University) ;
- Ha, Tae Uk (Department of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine, Wonkwang University) ;
- Kang, Ji Sook (Department of Nursing, School of Medicine, Wonkwang University)
- Received : 2017.04.12
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
Purpose:This study was conducted to identify the effects of theSemi-Fowler's position on post-operative recovery and pain for patients with laparoscopic abdominal surgery Methods: This study utilized a non-equivalent control group non-synchronized design to validate the effects of theSemi-Fowler's position. After IRB approval, 56 patients took part in this study, 29 in the experimental group and 27 in the control group. Consent was obtained from the participants. The Semi-Folwer's position was applied to experimental group and the supine position was applied to the control group for 24 hours after surgery. All data were reviewed retrospectively from April to June 2016. Collected data, frequency, percentage, average, standard deviation, chi-squared test, independent t-test and repeated measures ANOVA were conducted using SPSS 20.0. Results: There was no significant difference between the experimental and control group with regard to recovery outcomes; however, there was a significance differencebetween groups and among check times with regard to post operational pain. Conclusion:The results of this study provide information that will be usefulto the development of strategies for improving recovery outcomes and pain for laparoscopic operation patients.
Supported by : 원광대학교
- M. S. Lee, S. Y. Ryu, S. H. Han, H. J. Kim, Y. D. Kim, H. Y. Kim, "Analysis of the hemodynomic and ventilatory effects of laparoscopic cholecystectomy" Korean Journal of Anesthesiology, 17(4), pp. 483-487, 1996.
- Kelman, G. R., Swapp, G. H., Smith, I., Benzie, R. J., Gordon, N. L. "Cardiac output and arterial blood gas tension during laparoscopy". British. Journal of. Anaesthesia, 44, pp. 1155-62, 1972. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/bja/44.11.1155 https://doi.org/10.1093/bja/44.11.1155
- MacMahon., A. J., Baxter, I. N., Kenny. G., O'dwyre, P. J. "Ventilatory and blood gas changes during laparoscopic and open cholesystectomy", British Journal of Surgery, 80, pp. 1252-1254, 1993. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/bjs.1800801010 https://doi.org/10.1002/bjs.1800801010
- Paul, G. B., Bruce, F. C. Robert, K. S.. Clinical Anesthesia, 2nd ed. Philadelphia: JB Lippincott company, pp. 715-734. 1992.
- K. A. Kim, Y. K. Kim, "The effect of semi-fowler's position on post-operative recovery in recovery room for patients with laparoscopic abdominal surgery", Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 16(4), pp. 566-574, 2004.
- D. S. Kim, Analysis of pulmonary function test. Practice of Respiratory Manage. SEOUL : Haemin Medical Company, 97-118, 1990.
- Townsend, W. C. "Spirometric forced expiratory volumes measured in sitting posture" American Review Respiration Distress, 130, p. 123, 1994.
- The Korean Society of Anesthesiologists . Patient's Manage of Recovery Period. Anesthesiology(3rd ed.). pp. 417-27, Seoul: Yeo Moon Gak Publishing Co., 1994.
- H. Y .Lee, J. H. Lee, C. J. Park, C. J. Choi, O. J. Park, Adult nursing. SEOUL: Soomoonsa. 2014.
- H. E. Kim, "Pattern, Management and Related Factors of Postoperative Pain: through EMR Analysis", Unpublished master's thesis, Gyemyung University of Korea, 2012
- Law, W. L., Lee, Y. M., Choi, H. K., Seto, C. L.,Ho, J. W.. Impact of laparoscopic resection for colorectal cancer on operative outcomes and survival. Annals of surgery, 245(1), p. 1-7, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/01.sla.0000218170.41992.23 https://doi.org/10.1097/01.sla.0000218170.41992.23
- S. J. Woo, E. S. Lee, H. R. Kim, "Recovery outcomes following laparoscopic surgery in overweight rectal cancer patients" Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research 15(3), pp. 17-26. 2009.
- Y. H. Park, S. H. Kim, G. W. Lee, K. S. Seo. Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy, Hepato-Billiary-Pancreac Surgery. Seoul: Eui-hak Publishing & Printing Co, pp. 558-566, 2000.
- Melzack R. "Gate control theory: On the evolution of pain concepts", Pain Forum. 6, pp. 128-138, 1996. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/s1082-3174(96)80050-x https://doi.org/10.1016/s1082-3174(96)80050-x
- Wewers, M. E., Lowe, N. K. "A critical review of visual analogue scales in the measurement of clinical phenomena", Research in Nursing and Health, 13, 227-236, 1990. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/nur.4770130405 https://doi.org/10.1002/nur.4770130405
- J. E. Kim, Y. T. Nam, Y. H. Chae, "The Effect of the body position and CO2 gas insufflation on airway pressure and compliance in normal subjects during laparoscopy or pelviscopy" Korean Jpurnal of anesthesiology, 36(5), pp. 802-807. 1999. https://doi.org/10.4097/kjae.19220.127.116.112
- D. I. Lee, "Alpha-2 Adrenergic Agonists for the Management of Surgical Pain Patient" The Korean Journal of Pain, 14(2), pp. 129-135. 2001.
- Y. H. Shin, "A Survey of Hospitalized Post-op Patients' pain Experience in Kyungbook Province Area", Gyemyung nursing science, 4(1), pp. 93-102. 1999.
- N. J. Kim, "A study on patients' and nurses' knowledge about and attitudes towards management of pain after surgery", Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University of Korea, 2003.
- H. S. Moon, H. Y. Lee, J. A. Lee, "The Effects of Relaxation Therapy on Pain and Anxiety in Spinal Anesthesia Surgery Patients", The Journal of East-West Nursing Research, 15(1), 54-62. 2009.