- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on knowledge, perception, self-efficacy, and performance on radiation protection among perioperative workers in terms of radiation protection
수술실 종사자의 방사선 노출에 대한 방사선 방어관련 지식, 인식도, 자기효능감 및 수행도에 관한 연구
- Kim, Bong-Hee (Department of Nursing, Graduate school of Chosun University) ;
- Kim, Hyo-Jin (Department of Nursing, Graduate school of Chosun University)
- Received : 2017.02.14
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
This study was designed to identify the knowledge, perception, self-efficacy, and performance on radiation protection among perioperative workers in terms of radiation protection. The factors affecting the performance of radiation protection were identified, and provide basic data for the development of an effective radiation protection education program. The sample was comprised of 166 perioperative workers who agreed to participate in this descriptive study. Data analysis was performed using the t-test, analysis of variance, Pearson's correlation, and multiple regression analyses on the SPSS 23.0 Program. The average time of radiation exposure was 3-4hoursThe radiation protection education experience was 11.4%. The average score of radiation protection knowledge was
Knowledge;Periopertive workers;Perception;Performance;Radiation Protection;Self Efficacy
- M. E. Chon, "study on radiation exposure dose during interventional radiology procedure", Hanseo University, Master's thesis, 2007
- J. Persliden., "Patient and staff doses in interventional X-ray procedures in Sweden", Radiation Protection Dosimetry, vol. 114, no. 3, pp. 150-157, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nch539 https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/nch539
- G. Bartal, E. Vano, G. Paulo, D. Miller, "Management of patient and staff radiation dose in interventional radiology: Current concepts", Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology, vol. 16, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00270-013-0685-0 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00270-013-0685-0
- P. Auguste, P. Baton, C. Hyde, T. E. Robert, "An economic evaluation An economic evaluation of positron emission tomography(PET) and positron emission tomography/ computed tomography (PET/CT) for the diagnosis of breast cancer recurrence", Health technology assessment, vol. 15, no. 18, pp. 1-54, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3310/hta15180 https://doi.org/10.3310/hta15180
- 2015 report Occupational Radiation Exposure in Diagnostic, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2016.
- A. Mesbahi, A. Rouhani, "A study on the radiation dose of the orthopaedic surgeon and staff from a mini C-arm fluoroscopy unit" Radiation Protection Dosimetry, vol. 132, no. 1, pp. 98-101, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncn227 https://doi.org/10.1093/rpd/ncn227
- D. Bor, T. Sancak, T. Olgar, Y. Elcim, A. Adanali, U. Sanlidilek, S. Akyar., "Comparison of effective doses obtained from dose-area product and air kerma measurements in interventional radiology", British Journal of Radiology, vol. 77, pp. 315-322, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1259/bjr/29942833 https://doi.org/10.1259/bjr/29942833
- P. V. Giannoudis, J. McGuigan, D. L. Shaw, "Ionising radiation during in ternal fixation of extra capsular neck off femur fractures", Injury, vol. 29, pp. 469-472, 1998. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0020-1383(98)00090-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-1383(98)00090-4
- C. T. Mehlman, T. G. DiPasquale, "Radiation exposure to the orthopaedic surgical team during fluoroscopy: "how far away is far enough?"", Journal of Orthopaedic Trauma, vol. 11, pp. 392-398, 1997. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/00005131-199708000-00002 https://doi.org/10.1097/00005131-199708000-00002
- C. J. Yi, S. H. Ha, H. W. Jung, "Chromosome Aberration in Peripheral Lymphocyte of Radiation Workers in Hospital" Journal of radiation protection and research, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 227-235, 1997.
- M. Wagner, C. Duwenkamp, W. Ludwig, K. Dresing, O. J. Bott. "An approach to simulate and visualize intraoperative scattered radiation exposure to improve radiation protection training" Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, vol. 160, pp. 625-628, 2010.
- F. Michael. M. Herbert. S. Alois, M. S. Klaus, "Protection against radiation exposure in the operating room", Operative Orthopaedics and Traumatology, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 306-311, 1999. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF03180951
- Radiation safety guidelines for workers in diagnostic radiation field, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2016.
- E. J. Kang , J. H. Hyeong, "A Study on Radiation Management Status and Exposure Anxiety Awareness of Dental Hygienist", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 172-181, 2015. DOI: http://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.2.172 https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.2.172
- Audit Report of Radiation Safety Management Status, Board of Audit and Inspection, 2014.
- H. S. Kim, "Study on the Knowledge, perception, and behavior about the protection of workers who have risk of radiation-exposure in hospital", Yonsei University, Master's thesis, 2001.
- B. K. Son, K. T. Lee, J. S. Kim, S. O. Lee, "Pancreas and Biliary Tract ; Lack of Radiation Protection for Endoscopists Performing Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography", The Korean Society of Gastroenterology, vol. 58, no.2, 2011. DOI: http://doi.org/0.4166/kjg.2011.58.2.93 https://doi.org/10.4166/kjg.2011.58.2.93
- J. M. Dumonceau, F. J. Garcia-Fernandez, F. R. Verdun, E. Carinou, L. Donadille, J. Damilakis, I. Mouzas, K. Paraskeva, N. Ruiz-Lopez, L. Struelens, V. Tsapaki, F. Vanhavere, V. Valatas, M. Sans-Merce. "Radiation protection in digestive endoscopy: European society of digestive endoscopy guideline" Endoscopy. vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 408-424, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1055/s-0031-1291791 https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0031-1291791
- H. C. Cho, "Study on perception and behavior about radiation safety management and Measurement of radiation dose for workers who work in the angiography room", Korea University, Master's thesis, 2004.
- E. O. Han, D. M. Kwon, K. R. Dong, S. M. Han, "A Protective Behavior Model against the Harmful Effects of Radiation for Radiological Technologists in Medical Centers", Journal Of Radiation Protection And Research, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 157-162, 2010.
- S. H. Chon, E. O. Han, "Dental hygiene : Analysis of the behavior on the radiation safety management for dental hygienists", Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 363-375, 2008.
- D. H. Park, S. J. Lim, S. Y. Choi, "Effects of Self-efficacy Beliefs on Industrial Accidents Associated with Manufacturing Companies", Journal of Korea Safety Management & Science. vol. 13, no. 1. pp. 11-22, 2011.
- A. Bandura, N. E. Adams, "Analysis of selfefficacy theory of behavioral change", Cognitive theory and reaserch, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 287-310, 1977 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF01663995 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01663995
- J. E. Cha, "Study for the general self-efficacy scale development" Ewha Womans University, Master's thesis, 1997.
- M. O. Gu, "A Study of the Relationship among Self Efficacy, Self Regulation, Situational Barriers and Self Care Behavior in Patients with Diabetes Mellitus" Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 24, no. 4, 1994. DOI: https://doi.org/10.4040/jnas.1922.214.171.1245 https://doi.org/10.4040/jnas.19126.96.36.1995
- Study on establishment of radiation safety system in medicine. Ministry of Science and Technology, Seoul National University Hospital, 2005.
- S. G. Kang, E. N. Lee, "Knowledge of Radiation Protection and the Recognition and Performance of Radiation Protection Behavior among Perioperative Nurses", Journal of ryumatiseu Health Sciences, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 247-257, 2013. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2013.20.3.247 https://doi.org/10.5953/JMJH.2013.20.3.247
- A. Y. Kim, J. E. Cha, "Measurement of self-efficacy", Korean Society for Industrial and Oranizational Psychology, pp. 51-64, 1996.
- A. Y. Kim, "A study on the academic failure-tolerance and its correlates", Korean Educational Psychology Association, 11(2)1-19, 1997.
- E. O. Han, ".Relationship between Knowledge, Attitude, Behavior, and Self-Efficacy on the Radiation Safety Management of Radiation Workers in Medical Institutions", Journal of Radiation Protection and Research , vol. 32, no. 2, 2007.
- J. A. Yoon, Y. S. Yoon, "A Survey about the Knowledge, Attitudes and Behavior for Radiation Safety Management of Operating Room Nurse and Dental Hygienists", Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 230-239, 2014.
- W. Kim, N. G. Choi, J. B. Han, J. N. Song, "Study on Knowledge and Safety Management of Radiation Workers", The Korea Contents Society, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 243-248, 2014. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.04.243 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2014.14.04.243
- J. S. Kang, "Knowledge, Attitude, and Behavior of the Users as to the Harm of the Radioactive Isotopes in the University", Chungnam National University, Master's thesis, 2009.
- Y. H. Jeung, H. J. Lim, "A Survey about Self-Efficacy and Consciousness on the Use of Radiation, Knowledge and Attitude for Student at Department of Dental Hygiene", The Korean Journal of Health Service Managment, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 81-899, 2012. DOI: http://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2012.6.2.081 https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2012.6.2.081