- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Research of Remote Inspection Method for River Bridge using Sonar and visual system
수중초음파와 광학영상의 하이브리드 시스템을 이용한 교각 수중부 원격점검 기법 연구
- Jung, Ju-Yeong (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Yoon, Hyuk-Jin (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Cho, Hyun-Woo (Division of Robotics and virtual engineering, University of Science & Technology)
- Received : 2017.03.23
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
This study applied SONAR(Sound Navigation And Ranging) to the inspection and evaluation of underwater structures. Anactual river bridge was chosen for inspection and evaluation. SONAR and an optical camera were operated together to analyze the underwater image of the bridge. SONAR images were obtained by various methods to remove the environmental variables from the field experiment, and it was confirmed that the reliability of detecting damaged areas on piers was decreased when using SONAR alone. The SONAR equipment and the optical camera can be used simultaneously to overcome the limitations of SONAR in inspecting underwater structures.These results can be used as basic data for the development of similar technologies for underwater structure inspection.
Recognition;River bridge;SONAR;Turbidity;Underwater structure
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- S. R. Ahuja, K. D. Hong, K. S. Hong, "The Rapport Multimedia Conferencing System: A Software Overviews," Proc. of 2nd IEEE Conference on Computer Workstations, pp. 52-58, March, 1988. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/45410.45411 https://doi.org/10.1145/45410.45411
- I. H. Moon, J. J. Lee, C. Park, B. W. Jo, "Development Of Sonar Based Smart Inspection System for Underwater structure", Korean Society of Civil Engineers Annual Conference, pp. 2376-2379, October, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.9.4507 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.9.4507
- C. J. Shin, I. S. Jang, K. H. Kim, H. T. Choi, S. H. Lee, "Performance Analysis of Sonar System Applicable to Underwater Construction Sites with High Turbidity", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 4507-4513, September, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.9.4507
- Y. J. Lee, J. H. Lee, H. T Choi, "A Framework of Recognition and Tracking for Underwater Objects based on Sonar Images : Part 1. Design and Recognition of Artificial Landmark considering Characteristics of Sonar Images", Journal of The Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 182-189, February 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5573/ieie.2014.51.2.182 https://doi.org/10.5573/ieie.2014.51.2.182
- C. Park, "A Study on the Development of Safety Inspection Method in Underwater Structures Using a High Resolution SONAR", HANYANG University, Doctoral dissertation, February, 2015.
- C. Park, S. S. Choi, T. S. Park, H. S. Lee, I. K. Yun, Y. S. Kim, "An Image Acquisition Method of Surface Assessment of Underwater Structure and Bed Using Dual SONAR(1MHz)", Journal of The Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 64, No. 8, pp. 72-76, August, 2016.
- H. C. Kang, "Identification of Underwater Objects using Sonar Image", Journal of The Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers Vol. 53, No. 3, pp. 91-98, March, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5573/ieie.2016.53.3.091 https://doi.org/10.5573/ieie.2016.53.3.091
- Fernando D.F, Raffaele M, "The monitoring of bridges for scour by sonar and sedimetri", NDT & E International, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 117-123, March, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-8695(01)00031-7 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0963-8695(01)00031-7
- Prendergast L.J, Gavin K, "A review of bridge scour monitoring techniques", Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 138-149, April, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2014.01.007 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jrmge.2014.01.007
- I. S. Jang, S. J. Jung, W. D. Baek, H. J. Youn, "Visibility with Different Location and Projection Angle of Light under Turbid Water", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 3758-3765, August, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3758 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.8.3758