- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Computerized Cognitive Rehabilitation Program on Depression and Cognitive Function in Stroke Patients
전산화 인지재활 프로그램이 뇌졸중 환자의 우울 및 인지기능에 미치는 영향
- An, Tae-Gyu (Department of Graduate School, Daegu university) ;
- Kim, Ko-Un (Nanum Language, psychological counseling center)
- Received : 2017.01.23
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
This study examined the effects of a computer-assisted cognitive rehabilitation program on the depression, cognitive functions, and daily functions of stroke patients. Forty-four stroke patients were divided into the treatment group and control group, consisting of 22 patients each. The patients in the treatment group were treated with a computer-assisted cognitive rehabilitation program for 6 weeks, 5 times a week, for a total of 30 times. Depression, cognitive functions, and daily functions was gauged by the BDI, NSCE, and k-MBI, respectively. The treatment group showed decreases in depression, and increases in both cognitive functions and daily functions by the end of the rehabilitation program. Compared to the treatment group, the control group did not show significant improvements in depression, cognitive functions, and daily functions. Therefore, these findings indicate that a computer-assisted cognitive rehabilitation program has a positive effect on depression, cognitive functions, and daily functions in stroke patients.
cognitive functions;Computerized Cognitive Rehabilitation Program;depression;K-MBI, stroke
- National Statistical Office, Cause of death Statistical an annual report. Seoul : National Statistical Office, 2015.
- C. Y. Kim, G. W. Lee, I. Ho. Park, "A Study for Clinical Application of Neurobehavioral Cognitive Status Examination(NCSE) : For the Subjects over Age of 60", Journal of the korean neuropsychiatric association vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 1329-1341, 1994.
- J. H. Kim, T. R. Han, "Rehabilitation Medicine 2nd edition. Seoul" : koonja publishing house, 13, pp. 349-354, 2002.
- M. J. Lee, S. M. Lee, "Effect of Board Game Program on Depression and Quality of the Life for Elderly with Stroke", Institute of Special Education & Rehabitation Science, vol. 54, no. 3, pp. 235-249, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15870/jsers.2015.09.54.3.235 https://doi.org/10.15870/jsers.2015.09.54.3.235
- H. Brodaty, A. Withall, A. Altendorf, P. S. Sachdev, "Rates of depression at 3 and 15 months poststroke and their relationship with cognitive decline: the Sydney Stroke Study", The American journal of geriatric psychiatry, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 477-486, 2007. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/JGP.0b013e3180590bca https://doi.org/10.1097/JGP.0b013e3180590bca
- R. B. King, Y. Shade-Zeldow, C. E. Carlson, J. L. Feldman, M. Philip, "Adaptation to stroke: a longitudinal study of depressive symptoms, physical health, and coping process", Topics in stroke rehabilitation, 2015.
- Y. H. Kim, "Cognitive Rehabilitation for the Patients with Vascular Dementia", Korean Stroke Society, vol. 2, no. 2, 154-157. 2000.
- Y. N. Cho, H. K. Kim, Kim, H. C. Keun, "The Effects of Computerized Cognitive Rehabilitation on Cognitive Function in Elderly Post-stroke Patients", Institute of Special Education & Rehabitation Science, vol. 51, no. 4, pp. 261-278, 2012.
- S. W. Park, "The Effect of the Computer-based Cognitive Rehabilitation Program on Visual perception, Cognition, and Activities of Daily Living for School-Aged children with Developmental Disabilities". Daegu University doctoral dissertation, 2014.
- B. Zoltan, "Vision, perception, and cognition: A manual for the evaluation and treatment of the adult with acquired brain injury", Slack, 2007.
- A. Y. Jo, J. M. Kim, "The Effects of compuetr-based Cognitive Rehabilitation Program(CoTras) for visual perception and ADL in Strocke", Korean Society of Community Based Occupational Therapy Association, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 49-63, 2012.
- J. Y. Kim, "Analysis of cognitive factors affecting stroke patient's activity of daily living performance -Using the computerized neurocognitive function test". Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society. 12(12). 5715-5721, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.12.5715 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.12.5715
- S. H. Shin, M. H. Ko, Y. H. Kim, "Effect of Computer-Assisted Cognitive Rehabilitation Program for Patients with Brain Injury", Annals of Rehabilitation Medicine, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 1-8, 2002.
- H. J. Kim, S. J. Lee, Gam Gy. Y. Lee, "A review of computer-assisted cognitive rehabilitation(CACR)", Society of Occupational Therapy for the Agged and Dementia, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 35-46, 2008.
- Y. G. Kim, "The Effects of Korean Computer-based Cognitive Rehabilitation Program(CoTras) for the Cognition and ADL in Stroke", The Journal of Korean Society of Occupational Therapy, vol. 19, no. 3, 2011.
- J. H. Park, "The effect of computerized executive function rehabilitation on the improvement of cognitive functions in patients with schizophrenia", Sung shin Women's University Graduate school A Master's thesis, 2012.
- J. S. Kreutzer, P .H. Wehman, "Cognitive rehabilitation for persons with traumatic brain injury: A functional approach. Baltimore", MD PaulH. Brookes, 1991.
- S. Il. Son, "The Effect of Computerized Cognitive Rehabilitation(COGPACK) Applied to Improve Cognitive Function in Patients with Brain Injury", Daegu University Institute of Rehabilitation Science College Master's thesis, 2013.
- H. M. Hahn, T. H. Yum, Y. W. Shin, K. H. Kim, D. J. Yoon, K. J. Chung, "A standardization study of Beck Depression Inventory in Korea". J Korean Neuropsychiatr Assoc, vol. 25, no. 3, pp. 487-500, 1986.
- J. H. Oh, J. Y. Yoo, I. Y. Sung, "The Relationship of Neurobehavioral Cognitive Status Examination(NCSE) to Functional Improvement in Stroke Patients", Annals of Rehabilitation Medicine, 16, pp. 118-122, 1992.
- K. J. Yoo, K, K. Nam, D. I. Jun, "The Validity of the Korean Version of Neurobehavioral Cognitive Status Examination on the Assessment of Dementia in the Elderly", Journal of the Korean Neuropsychiatric Association. vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 484-491, 1993.
- W. M. Jung, H. S. Choi, K. J, Park, "Neurobehavioral Cognitive Status Examination(NCSE) in Brain-Injured Patients", Journal of Korean Society of Occupational Therapy. vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1-16, 1999.
- H. Y. Jung, B. G. Park, H. S. Sin, Y. G. Kang, et al. "Development of the Korean Version of Modified Barthel Index (K-MBI): Multi-center Study for Subjects with Stroke", Annals of Rehabilitation Medicine, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 283-297, 2007.
- D. S. Hyun, "The Effects on Cognitive Function and Depression in the Computerized Cognitive Rehabilitation of Stroke Patients.", Gachon University Institute of Rehabilitation Science College Master's thesis, 2016.
- E. J. Chu, "A Study on The Cognitive Function, Depression and Relationship of The Elderly Suffering from Stroke", Daegu University Graduate school Master's thesis, 2008.
- M. S. Lee, N. H. Song, "The Effects of Cognitive Function Improvement Programs on the Cognitive Functions and Depression Indexes of Dementia Risk senior Groups", Journal of Korean Physical Education Association for Girls and Women, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 123-138, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.16915/jkapesgw.2016.06.30.2.123 https://doi.org/10.16915/jkapesgw.2016.06.30.2.123
- S. H. Han, Eun-Ju Jo, D. H. Noh, K. Y. Kam, "Effects of Korean Computer-Based Cognitive Rehabilitation Program(CoTras) on Frontal-Executive Functions in Patients with Traumatic Brain Injury.", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 3344-3352, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.5.3344 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.5.3344