- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Influences of Job Training upon Military Morale and Organizational Performance
직무교육이 군의 사기 및 조직성과에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Sung Choon (Yongin University, Dept. of Military Science)
- 이성춘 (용인대학교 군사학과)
- Received : 2017.03.23
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
This paper reviewed the awareness of the military personnel as to job training executed in the Korean army and to figure out how this job training affects the military morale and organizational performance. For this study, 220 volunteers were surveyed and analyzed using the SPSS statistical package program. As a result of the analysis, the following conclusion could be drawn. First, in the result of analysis on the status of-the-job education, the educational time marked 49.5% for 2-4 hours, the education of job capability development marked 77.7% for the content of education, and the charged instructor of job training marked 56.8% for the education department. Second, in the result of an analysis of job training on military morale, the recognition level of behavioral dimension increased with increasing participants' independence, and the satisfaction with the cognitive dimension increased with increasing participants' independence, continuous learning culture, and educational level. Moreover, the emotional score increased with increasing learning culture and educational level. Third, an analysis of the influences of job training on the organizational performance showed thatthe degree of job satisfaction increased with increasing learning motive and learning culture, and the organizational commitment increased with increasing instructor's quality. Fourth, regarding the influences of military morale upon the organizational performance, the higher job satisfaction and organizational commitment increased with increasing behavioral, cognitive, and emotional dimension. Therefore, military morale improves organizational performance and is an important factor in inducing individual development.
Job Training;Military Morale;Organizational Performance;Learning Culture;Educational Level
- M. K. Kim, I. K .Na, The Effects of Education and Training on Firm Performance-The Mediating Effects of Transfer, Korea Journal of Business Administration , vol. 25, no. 4, pp. 2047-2064, 2012.
- S. H. Lee, Dimension Classification and Questionnaire Design Criteria for Reaction Evaluation of Educational/Training Programs, Journal of Educational Technology, vol. 21, no. 3, pp. 187-214, 2005. DOI: https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.21.3.187 https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.21.3.187
- K. K. Kim, The Effect of Transformational Leader Behavior and Talent Development Behavior on the Organizational Commitment of the Subordinates of the Navy Piracy, Seoul National University. 2012.
- H. N. Park, A Study on the Correlation between Educational Training and Motivation of Workers in Restaurants, Korea Tourism Industry Association, 15, pp. 231-260, 2001.
- M. P. Lee, Influence of Needs Survey and Motivation of Learning on Job Performance, Lifelong education, vol. 5, no. 2, pp. 1-30, 2009
- K A Park, Research for improving job satisfaction and job satisfaction of members of social welfare center, Korean human welfare practice study, 3, pp. 121-138, 2009.
- Y. H. Park, G. S. Yoon, M. M. Bae, H. H. Cho, A Study on the Improvement Direction of Occupational Education in the Occupational Safety and Health Sector: Occupational Education, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 67-95, 2016.
- Murphy, K. R., & Clevelang, J., Understanding Performance Appraisal: Social, Organizational, and Goal-based Perspectives, Sage, 1995.
- Ruona, W. E. A., Leimbach, M., Holton, E. F., Bates,R., The Relationship between Learner Utility Reactions and Predicted Learning Transfer among Trainees, International Journal of Training and Development, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 218-228, 2002. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-2419.00160 https://doi.org/10.1111/1468-2419.00160
- S. C. Lee, A Study on the Environment and Learning Outcome of e-Learning in the Republic of Korea's Military Organizations, Sunmon University Doctoral Thesis.
- I. J. Cho, A Study on the relationship between satisfaction and performance of the military and distance education, Kyunghee University Master's Thesis.
- E. K. Chae, A study on the improvement plan of education and training system of Incheon city government officials, Incheon Development Institute, pp. 1-35, 2007.
- E. G. Bae, Corporate education and training Needs assessment of education and training of stakeholder groups, agricultural education and human resource development, vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 101-121, 2003.
- Noe, R. A., Schmitt, N., The influence of trainee attitude son training effectiveness: Test of model. Personnel Psychology, 39, pp. 497-523, 1986. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1986.tb00950.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1986.tb00950.x
- C. H. Kang, L. H. Lee, Analysis on the Relationships between Types of Organizational Culture and Job Satisfaction in J Educational Office, The Korea educational review, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 213-233, 2016.
- Y. K. Chung, C. Y. Jeong, The Relationship between Work Adjustment and Organizational Commitment of Vocational Teachers in Vocational High School, Korean Society for Agricultural Education, vol. 38, no. 4m, pp. 89-114, 2006.
- M. K. Nong, W. H. Won, A Study of Hotel Service Training Program Using a IPA, The Academy of Korea Hospitality & Tourism, 31, pp. 254-267, 2008.
- Neo, Raymond, Employ Training and Development, 3rd Edition, Singapore: Mcgraw-Hill International Edition, 2005.
- J. S. Sung, The effect of the characteristics of individual and organizational environment on the learning motivation of the participants, Ewha Womans University Graduate School Master's Thesis, 2003.
- J. S. Park, A Study on the Transition of Education and Training in Small and Medium Enterprises, Inha University, 2007.
- K. A. Park, Research for improving job satisfaction and job satisfaction of members of social welfare center, Korean human welfare practice study, 3, pp. 121-138, 2009.
- H. J. Kim, A Study on the Effects of Military Pension Reform on Military Period, Master's Thesis, Korea University, 2007.
- K. K. Kim, The Effect of Transformational Leader Behavior and Talent Development Behavior on the Organizational Commitment of the Subordinates of the Navy Piracy, Seoul National University, 2012.
- Mowday, R., Steer, R. M.. The Measurement of organizational commitment. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 14, pp. 224-247, 1979. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(79)90072-1 https://doi.org/10.1016/0001-8791(79)90072-1
- Cook, J. D., Hepworth, S. J., Wall, T. D., & Warr, P. B. The experience of work : A compendium and review of 249 measures and their use. New York : Academic Press, 1981.
- S. I. Chae, Marketing research, Seoul: B&M Books Co., 2005.