- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Path Analysis of Influencing Variables on Quality of Life for Office worker Middle-aged males
직장 중년 남성의 삶의 질의 영향요인 경로분석
- Seo, Young-sook (Dept. of nursing, College of Daegu-Health) ;
- Jeong, Chu-yeong (Dept. of nursing, College of Daegu-Health)
- Received : 2017.02.10
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
This study was conducted to determine the casual relationship among family support, social support, workplace spirituality, and quality of life (QOL) for middle-aged, male office workers, as well as the effects of family support, and social support on their QOL with the mediation of workplace spirituality. The participants were 288 middle-aged, male office workers, and the data were collected from 14 October to 30 November, 2016, through questionnaires. The data were analyzed with descriptive statistics and Pearson's correlations using PASW 21.0, while the AMOS 18.0 program was used for structural equation modeling (SEM), and the fitness of the final model was determined using RMSEA .05, GFI .98, AGFI .94 and NFI .96. The results of this study can be summarized as follows. There were correlations between family support, social support, workplace spirituality, and QOL for the middle-aged, male office workers. Second, family support (
Family support;Middle-aged male;Quality of life;Social support;Workplace spirituality
- Statistics Korea, http://kosis.kr/statisticsList/statisticsList_01List.jsp?vwcd=MT_ZTITLE&parentId=D, 2015.
- Y. J. Lee, G. J. Choi, "The effect of korean adult's mental health on qol(quality of life) the fifth korea national health and nutrition examination survey, 2010". Journal of Digital Convergence, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 321-327, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.321
- G. H. Han, J. H. Kim, K. M. Kim, "Supportive and conflictual social networks and mental health of the middle-aged in Korea", Journal of Korea Gerontological Society, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 155-170, 2003.
- S. J. Han, M. S. Kwon, O. S. Yoon, "Comparison of quality of life of middle aged women and men", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Home Care Nursing. vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 183-1942, 2012.
- K. L. Han, Y. K.. Chung, J. O. Lee, "A study on the relationship between stress and climacteric symptoms of midlife men", The Journal of Korean Community Nursing, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 514-522, 2002.
- Y. H, Kang, "Effects of family support and social support on life satisfaction of middle-aged men", Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 344-353, 2016. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.02.344 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.02.344
- E. Y. Park, I. S. Shin, J. H. Kim, "A meta-analysis of the variables related to depression in korean patients with a stroke", Journal of Korean Academy Nursing, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 537-548, 2012. DOI: http://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.4.537 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2012.42.4.537
- Y. H. Kang, "Effects of family support and social support on life satisfaction of middle-aged men", Journal of The Korea Contents Association, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 344-353, 2016. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.02.344 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2016.16.02.344
- H. S. Kim, K. Z. Yu, "Factors influencing subjective quality of life in male baby boom generation men", The Journal of Korean Community Nursing, vol. 24, no. 4, pp. 461-470, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2013.24.4.461
- W. R. Kolodinsky, A. R. Giacalone., L. C. Jurkiewicz, "Workplace values and outcomes: Exploring personal, organizational, and interactive workplace spirituality", Journal of Business Ethics, vol. 81, pp. 465-480, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10551-007-9507-0
- P. Petchsawang, D. Duchon, "Measuring workplace spirituality in an Asian context", Human Resource Development International, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 459-468, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1080/13678860903135912
- Y. W. Lee, "A study of quality of life in middle-aged men", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 539-549, 2002. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2002.32.4.539
- Y. A. Song, J. Y. Kim, "The relationship between family factors and drinking/smoking among middle-aged men", Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 13-25, 2013.
- J. W. Suk, M. S. Koh, "Development of nursing workplace spirituality instrument: Confirmatory factor analysis", Journal of Korean Academy Nursing Administration, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 99-108, 2016. DOI: http://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.1.99 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2016.22.1.99
- H. S. Kang, "Experimental study of the effects of reinforcement education for rehabilitation on hemiplegia patients self-care activities", Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Yensei University, Seoul, 1984.
- J. W. Park, "A study on development of the social support scale", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, 1985.
- S. R. Covey, "The leader in me: How schools and parents around the world are inspiring greatness, one child at a time", New York, NY: Franklin Covey Co; 2009.
- S. C. Roh, Y. W. Suh, "The five-factor model of workplace spirituality: A conceptualization and scale development", Korean Journal of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 419-447, 2014. DOI: https://doi.org/10.24230/ksiop.27.2.201405.419 https://doi.org/10.24230/ksiop.27.2.201405.419
- S. K. Min, C. I. Lee, K. I. Kim et al, "Development of Korean version of WHO quality of life scale abbreviated version(WHOQOL-BREF)", Journal of The Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 571-579, 2000.
- K. J. Kang, E. J. Lee, "Correlation between perceived family support and self-esteem of middle age women with degenerative musculoskelectal diseases", The Journal of Muscle and Joint Health, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 5-24, 2000.
- H. K. Chang, "The study of fatigue, perceived health status, marital adjustment and stress in middle aged women", The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 413-421, 2007.
- H. S. Lee, J. H. Im, "Structural Equation Modeling with Amos 7.0", Paju: Bubmunsa; 2008.
- S. Cobb, "Social support as a moderator of life stress", Psychosomatic Medicine, vol. 38, no. 5, pp. 300-314, 1976. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/00006842-197609000-00003 https://doi.org/10.1097/00006842-197609000-00003
- J. W. Park, "A study on development of the social support scale", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul, 1985.
- H. Y. Lee, J. Y. Park, "A study on the Influence of married middle-aged men's family resilience upon the stress coping behavior", Journal of Family Relations, vol. 16. no. 23, pp. 169-192, 2011.
- M. J. Kim, K. B, Kim, "Influencing of psychological well-being for the middle aged adults and elderly", Journal of East-West Nursing Research, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 150-158, 2013. DOI: http://doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2013.19.2.150 https://doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2013.19.2.150
- J. I. Kim, Y. D. Kim, "Construct dimensions & measure for workplace spirituality: Literature review for development of workplace spirituality instrument", Paper presented at: 2011 Fall Conference of the Korean Academic Association of Business Administration, pp. 51-71, 2011.
- S. C. Roh, "The impact of workplace spirituality on organizational effectiveness", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, 2013.