- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Discrimination on Reutilization Intention in Dental Care Service
치과서비스에 대한 차별감이 재이용의사에 미치는 영향
- Choi, Kyu-young (Department of Public Health, Graduate School of Chungnam National University) ;
- Lee, Tae-Yong (Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Chungnam National University School of Medicine)
- Received : 2017.02.14
- Accepted : 2017.05.12
- Published : 2017.05.31
The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of discrimination on thereutilization intentionfor dental services among patients who visited the dental clinic. The questionnaire was administered to 432 patients aged 20 years or older who visited Dental Clinic in J city, Chungcheongbuk-do. Day to March 31, 2015, and the following results were obtained. The important variables that affected the reutilization intention were quality of medics, kindness, hospital image, convenience, service value and discrimination of dental care service. These variables explained 78.2% of the aggregate. Thehigher the quality of service value, medics, environment facilities, convenience, kindness, and hospital image, the more significant was the relevance with reutilization intention. As well as high-educated respondents, ones with monthly household income amounted to 4 million won, group of white-collar job, people who visited for implant treatment and ones by introduction of acquaintances. Therefore the dental care service providers are required to take effortsto recognize the discrimination and to reduce it through good quality of dental care service.
discrimination;dental care services;effect;reutilization intention;quality of dental care services
- Ahn Chung Bum, "The Effects of Medical Service Quality on Medical Reuse Intention and Word - of - Mouth Effect", Doctoral dissertation, Graduate School of Daegu Haany University, 2005.
- Shim Hwang A, "Study on the Differential Impact of Health Service Quality Components on Satisfaction and Loyalty", Graduate School Chungbuk National University, Master's Thesis, 2009.
- Kim Hae-Gyeong, "Satisfaction with medical service in dentl clinics and influential factors on revisit", The Graduate School of Catholic of Daegu University, Master's thesis, 2009.
- Jang Jung-Yoo, "Dental health services patient satisfaction analysis", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 6395-6402, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6395 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6395
- Lee Jong Soo, "Realization of social discrimination and equality", Yonsei Law Society, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 1-15, 2004.
- Lee Jin-ja, "A Study on the Influencing Factors of Rehabilitation of Medical Institution Outpatients", Catholic University Graduate School Master's Thesis, 2012.
- Jung Sung Hye, "Analysis of Influencing Factors on Discrimination in Health Services", Catholic University Graduate School Master's Thesis, 2009.
- Han Soo Jin, "A Study on the Satisfaction Factors of Dental Medical Services in Dental Institutions", Dissertation of Master's Degree by Dankook University, 1999.
- Cho Young Sik, "Development and Evaluation of Dental Patient Satisfaction Measurement Tool", Catholic University graduate school doctoral dissertation, 2000.
- Jin Seok Ho, "Factors Affecting Patient Satisfaction with Dental Services", Kyungsan University Master's Thesis, 2002.
- Ettinger WH. Consumer-perceived value: the key to a successful business strategy in the healthcare marketplace. JAGS(46), pp. 111-113, 1998.
- Hand. In Soon, "A Structural Model on Quality and Service Value, Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty", Graduate School, Kyung Hee University, 2005.
- Zeithaml VA. Consumr perceptions of price, quality and value; a means-end model and synthesis of evidence. J Mark, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 2-22, 1988. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2307/1251446 https://doi.org/10.2307/1251446
- S. H. Yoon, B. J. Kim, G. S. Kang, S. H. Lee & M. S. Kim. Practice of Medical services for customer satisfaction, pp. 4-11, Seoul: Orebook. 2014.
- Kim Hye Jin, "A Study on Factors Affecting Awareness and Choice of Dental Institutions in the Elderly", Seoul National University Graduate School Master's Thesis, 2012.
- Choi. Young Soon, "The Impacts of Socio-Economic Characteristics on the Services User's Perception by the Change of Social Condition in Healthcare Services", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 3276-3283, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.5.3276 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.5.3276
- Cho Min Sook, "A Study on the Effect of Dental Implant Medical Service on Patient Satisfaction and Reuse Intention", Inje University Graduate School Master Thesis, 2013.
- L. Jean Harrison-Walker, "The measurement of word-of-mouth communication and an investigation of service quality and customer commitment as potential antecedents", Journal of Service Research, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 60-75 , August , 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1177/109467050141006 https://doi.org/10.1177/109467050141006
- Jang Jung-Yoo, "Dental health services patient satisfaction analysis", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 14, no. 12, pp. 6395-6402, 2013 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6395 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6395
- Lon Eun Kyung, "The relationship between perceived health service quality and intention to reuse", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 176-181, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2008.14.2.176
- Kang Han Seung, "KangInfluence of perceived waiting time on medical service on image and revisit of hospital", Gyeonggi University graduate school doctoral dissertation, 2007.
- Han A Reum, "The Effects of Hospital Image on Customer Satisfaction and Intention of Reuse", Soonchunhyang University Graduate School Master Thesis, 2013.
- Kim. Bok Dong, "The Effect of Service Quality and Service Value on Customer Behavior", Anyang University Graduate School Doctoral Thesis, 2010.